Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm 34 today and listening to TMBG

You're older than you've ever been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I came in here to say that Monster Prom is very fun. Possibly the Dark Souls of dating sims.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Between PoE2 and Battletech I have too much game to play. It's a good birthday month this year. And next month, Fiesta :toot:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

Gundam Battle Assault 2 is a great game and I will not hear disparaging remarks

Good first date IMO. If they destroy you with the Ball you gotta start looking for a ring

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

If I played fighting games with a girl on a date and let her beat me occasionally because she wasn't very good at it would that make me a bad person? :ohdear:

No, as long as you both enjoyed playing games together everything is good. Playing games with people is cool and good. And much like how a good DM should run a campaign, sometimes you gotta fudge the dice rolls to let someone get a moment to shine.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

If in a group activity you have to sandbag your own fun to make sure the other person is having fun you should probably just find an activity you can both easily enjoy.

This is why I always find a fighting game character(or kart) im really bad at using and never purposefully improve. I can try my hardest with Zangief and still get my poo poo kicked by button mashers. But when I land that double lariat into a pile driver :discourse:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Bed of Chaos is worse

Bed of Chaos is just three naked runs and three swings.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Shindragon posted:

I'm gonna try to be very polite and say.

No.

Just no.

Bed of chaos sucked.

I'm not gonna say it's good. But it's short and easy.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Capra Demon will still gently caress them up

Weakness: stairs

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone remember the Mimiron encounter from Ulduar in WoW, where you get through the first three phases of the fight going "okay that was kinda hard but doable," and then his fourth phase was ALL THREE previous phases going on simultaneously and oh by the way the whole room is on fire? Man that fight was so fun. Are there any other boss encounters you can think of that combine all the previous phases into the last phase?

Not quite the same, but i liked how Jotun threw all the previous bosses at you while Odin's spears slowly home in on you.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

power’s back but i walked down the street to a bar so i can’t videogame

Dating sim

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dewgy posted:

The weirder one to me is how many streamers use the world’s worst drawing of them as their logo. Yeah sure it’s nice that you have fan art I guess but... be pickier, drat it!

Beggars can't be choosers

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I maintain that the original DKC games are extremely unpleasant in terms of aesthetic and audio (the music is good but the sound effects are horrid). Its why I never wanted to play them as a kid.

I think the sounds of some enemies getting jumped on is extremely pleasing.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

i kept thinking Monster Prom was an ironic japanese game, not an actual maybe cool game

It's very fun. Though I played it with a girl that doesn't even have Facebook and some of it went above her head. She still had lots of fun though.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

My friends make fun of me for liking Slayers when they like Evangelion and look at me awkwardly when I talk about LGBT stuff in JRPGs. Friends are the worst.

How many games have choices that actually develop a personality? The closet thing you get to that is stuff where each of the choices correlates to a "certain" personality but they never stick you in that personality.

Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 do this. So if your character is historically a dishonest rear end in a top hat NPCs will react to it and it can even result in different ways to complete quests. In 2 iirc companions will leave you if your disposition is opposed to them.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Is Beauty the original Manic Pixie Dream Girl?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna have rice eggs and chorizo for lunch I think. If I had a tortilla I would wrap them up

Smh if you haven't spent enough time with Latinx friends that you adopt the habit of always having bulk tortillas in your house.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Is the SA Dota community still insufferable is the better question

Assuming it's still the main posters that have been around, the goon Dota community is worse than most Dota communities.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

is there any game community that isn't insufferable

The Goon Warframe community is extremely chill and we have all bonded over our collective brain damage that keeps us playing the game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

chumbler posted:

I recall that thread title being "Why do I have 1000 hours in this terrible game" like 5 years ago when I last played Warframe. It was at least slightly more true then, but the game sounds completely nuts and bloated now.

The devs have started and not quite finished a few things, started and finished but not balanced a lot more, and have talked in dev streams about their ideas that never actually come to fruit a billion times more. It's hilarious and amazing at the same time.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
It's my birthday today! Same as Notorious BIG, Mr. T, and Jeffrey Dahmer!

Gonna share some Spaghetti Carbonara with a friend, then come home and play some more Pillars 2 while I bake myself a cake.

What kind of cake should I make fellow gamers?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

is Warframe actually fun? i mean it's free right

Honestly, I think I'd hate it if I wasn't part of the Goon Clan. There's a lot of unexplained mechanics, and the early game is terribly balanced. But with goons informing you and showering you with good mods the learning curve is a lot better. And watching a high level goon use a Warframe you've never heard of in bright colors with ridiculous wings clear a map of all your problems is a good motivator for progression.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't imagine playing a strategy game without 100% of my focus devoted to it, and especially a Paradox game

Conversely I can't imagine playing a strategy game without listening to something.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Idk about squeak squad, but the biggest difficulty for me in Kirby games is my own hubris. So being easier sounds harder to me.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

I'm here to say that Brawl is still my favorite Smash game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Motto posted:

brawl is the best, but only because of all the dumbass mods you can easily add to it

I just really liked the movement in it better than other games. I've always been a fan of air combat, and Wolf was great for this.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I need someone to make a decision for me

I’m maybe halfway through Pillars of Eternity 1 but a friend has been talking up 2 so much that I want to drop the first and play the second, maybe just read a synopsis of what happens in the first game

Should I???? :(

Have you done White March yet? Because that's the best PoE1 has to offer and the third act of the main game is pretty meh compared to act 2 and both White Marches.

I'd say play White March 1+2, then just beeline the main story without level scaling(unless you want to stop and kidnap a child). The very end of the game is pretty cool and PoE2 leans heavy on interactions with the gods so I think it'd be a nice bit of info to experience yourself and would let you port your character.

Also PoE2 has an ETA for a balance patch around June, if you're the type that enjoys the combat. Because right now it's pretty easy.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Elf rear end is my home away from home

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Imo the only good Elves are the old school folk ones and similar derivatives. Cannibalistic with creepy proportions is much cooler than "humans with pointy ears"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

homeless snail posted:

every line of this is hosed up

yeah, Gorons are clearly kobolds and Deku are gnolls

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well first yeah. His wife and stepson lost someone they cared about. Second #USHealthcare and its shittiness and all the aftermath of all those medical bills.

Death is also expensive. My grandpa's life insurance didn't even fully pay for his funeral.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Again, we should be comparing Cage to Kojima

Again, Kojima actually puts relevent subjects in his games and explores them through absurdity played straight. As opposed to hitting you over the head with a leg of ham.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Relevant subjects? What are you referring to?

Nuclear escalation is a pretty big part of the odd numbered games. 2 was pretty prescient about memetics and the control of media and use of Presidents as a distracting figurehead in the US. 4 Goes to great lengths about the escalation of war profiteering(which rising follows up on a bit better with less movies). 3 onward deal with the idolization of dead heroes, cults of personality, and the morality of individual combatants in warfare. There's also undertones(sometimes more and sometimes less subtle) in all the games about class warfare in relation to war profiteering. Definitely more relevant to Americans, but overall relevant to the world at large because of the US involvement with everything.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
When I own a shopvac, gonna mod it like that.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi

So what's up everybody, how's everyone doing today? I know it's the end of the weekend and a Sunday but I'm hoping everyone at least has a decent day :)

Think im gonna make a nice steak dinner for my lover and see where the night leads. Then tomorrow I get paid double time!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Happy Birthday fellow Gemini FAK!

I'm glad it went pretty well for you! :toot:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dewgy posted:

If it’s Fallout 3 VR then I am gonna be hype as gently caress. I always wanted to go back and make another character for a DLC run but the start of the game is such a slog. In VR that’s no problem by me though, I can just spend hours looking at all the dumb little environmental poo poo I never paid attention to before. :allears:

Save Mothership Zeta for last or you're going to lose all this hype before getting to other DLC.

Fallout: Battle Royale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I only crave pizza when I want to eat garbage anyway so Little Caesars owns for me.

If a place has nice pizza they probably also have Calzones and Stromboli which are both far superior to Pizza.

• Locked thread