Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've actually been playing Dark Dark to test my hypothesis that it is actually the perfect successor to the GBA Golden Suns and is in fact just as mediocre, rather than being bad as everyone claims

So far it is better than the originals in many ways, but also makes some questionable decisions and it seems like they spent so much time rendering all the spells and summons in 3D that they forgot to add anything new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Calaveron posted:

The taint is in me
I will replay dark dawn when I get home
Pray for me

Please post at what point you start skipping all the dialogue

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

the QTEs in RE4 were at least generous. Bayonetta's never felt like they worked half the time, were too quick, and worst of all affected your ranking in what is a heavily score-based game.

Wonder when RE4 will make its way to the Switch so we can have the all-time definitive handheld+motion control option version.

I like that RE4 scores you at the end of each chapter but never assigns a ranking

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Everything about Sonic Mania continues to be the best Sonic has ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

Where's Amy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I've decided that the worst SotFS change is needing a fragrant branch to get to the trolls and sex change coffin

This is 100% correct

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not sure if you could make a full Smash moveset out of any of the WarioWare guys but you could maybe combine them all into a single character

i'm looking forward to the 3DS game in July

Captain Falcon has been a character since the beginning, they could come up with a moveset for anyone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

nice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

At least when you're losing in other games you can dedicate yourself to loving over whoever is ahead of you.

Revenge mode in bomberman :cabot:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

That is correct.

I've heard Little Battlers Experience on the 3DS is pretty similar

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Long games and short games and heck, even medium games are all individually good until proven bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Sage Monday Morning Advice: you don't have to justify why you like something

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I have been looking at my collection/backlog and wonder why I have all these games?

Have any of you ever sold off your collection to adopt a more spartan attitude towards games? What I mean is you get a new game, play it, dispose then get something else?

I know some of you do that already, but have gone from having a ton of games to only a few? How did that work for you? Any regrets on selling off your collection?

It seems that any game I want to play, I could always just purchase again so I wouldn't be losing much by selling things. I just wouldn't have the variety.

After moving a bunch, i consolidated most of my games onto my wii u, so it actually has been extremely tempting to drop by my parent's house sometime and sell all my old physical games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

I feel bad for Galactic Nova. It's like killing Shenron in Dragon Ball, he just grants wishes man.

If i wished to rule a planet and got turned into a horrific monster I'd be pretty pissed

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nova is later revealed to have been built by the same people who built the final boss of Robobot, which is a machine that developed sentience and decided existence needed to be destroyed so Kirb made the right call imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Nova, and presumably all the other Star Robots, are designed to grant hosed up Monkey's Paw wishes that turn out horribly for everyone involved. Its evil.

Aren't the characters in that show literal children

There's a pair of older like college aged dudes with a lot of gay subtext

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

This is v cute

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
After seeing my parents this weekend, i was originally intending on gathering up some old N64 and Gamecube games to sell, but now there's suddenly an N64 set up in front of the tv and I'm not sure what happened

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Hell yeah joints

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I dunno how discord actually works. I never use it because the interface confuses me and I'm still clinging to IRC, even though all the rooms I use are pretty dead.

Discord is much easier to use imo. Also the pokegoons discord is active and friendly and doesn't have that one goony abrasive weirdo practically living in it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
They're extremely simple fight games but I'm continually surprised at how fun the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games are

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Who's that?

i don't really wanna actually bring irc drama in here especially when i haven't been in that chat room in a while but i don't mean you! or anyone who actually posts on SA

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Bimonthly reminder to take frequent breaks when playing video games, and also when sitting in front of a screen

but sitting in front of a screen is my job :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Wait, after?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah ultimately I have plenty of friends they're just all college buddies I've had for forever with no new infusions. So it never really gets all that pressing and I let it pass when I don't come up with any ideas that feel perfect.

Play games online with goons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
But not me because i get anxiety about talking to pseudo strangers/half acquaintances and playing games poorly with them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

"she's only been in two games....but we need four pictures...."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

now you just say don't @ me

that just makes you sound like a coward

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Why do people say the DS2 DLC is the best part of the the game? So far Brume Tower has been a gigantic pain in the rear end including reusing one of the worst bosses from the main game and seemly deliberately making the boss runs an utter pain. Apart from Fume Knight who was actually pretty cool.

I don't remember anyone saying that lol. The snow area is dope though and has my favorite boss fight. Brume Tower was definitely my least favorite if the three though yeah

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but the consensus from various Souls threads seemed to be that they were great, at least outside of the co op areas

The boss fights at least are top notch outside of the coop areas. I remember a lot of people complaining about Brume and the Sunken King area

I'm a weirdo who thinks the frozen outskirts owns though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
We need more mom games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I try to play as many games in my original language now that they're actually being dubbed.

Baccano! and REDLINE are much better in english, also.

As long as Machinehead's theme is in English it doesn't really matter

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The sunken king gimmick of having to destroy soul jars or else the enemies are invincible was pretty tedious

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Not saying it would be great but the Splatoon movement system would at least make it more interesting than standard BR fare.

Nothing else really going for it though, aside from matches being filled with Miiverse shitposts.

this would improve any game. patch Mario Kart to have miiverse style billboards. bring back the miiverse stage in smash. replace the Trainer Tips signs in pokemon with miiverse posts

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

On Sunday I played the most intense video game of all, by walking down to the waterfront and reading a book in the sun

I need to git gud at it though cause I got sunburned

wanna goonsay this real bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

do it coward

that post sucked

nah i'm sorry about your sunburn

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

suuma posted:

I've been playing the FFX remaster and nearing the end of Mt. Gagazet.

I'm really torn between "do everything this game has to offer, fill the sphere grids and get every celestial weapon" and "finish this poo poo as fast as possible so I can play something else" :(

my guide to games: if something sounds like bullshit, don't do it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

a lot of digimon are extremely ugly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Gun upgrades are especially boring because who cares about making your rate of fire 0.2 seconds faster

(unless the game is resonance of fate)

Heh heh heh heh, thank you!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i haven't even played dragon's crown

it's a really good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm playing Donkey Kong Country 3 after beating Tropical Freeze.

This game is underrated.

it's starts off quite strong but the level gimmicks get less and less fun as the game goes on imo

Looper fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 19, 2018

• Locked thread