Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god this Atelier L&S game is adorable

yes. also there's also a ton of ateliers so if you're into that you can play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Tomb Raider should have perfectly triangular boobs made of exactly four polygons this is censorship and I won't stand for it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Convex posted:

Are there any games where you play a fat person (not counting games with character creators)

I can only think of Borderlands and Wario. I guess Doomguy has a fat face

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Chun Li got legs for years

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

An AU (Absolute Unit) is the distance from the Earth to the Son

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It was a podcast game for me.

Especially with the postgame grind that I knew was optional and especially doing it for that dumb-as-poo poo cutscene that I could have watched on YouTube was foolish in hindsight

I don't get this kind of thing. If a game is so unengaging that you need another thing going on for it to be ok, maybe just play or do something else? I mean it's your free time but I dunno...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Bayonetta is a great game but it might have the worst QTEs in any game ever

Ninja Gaiden 3 has it beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhnPJOvjyyg

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I would say no amount of money is acceptable to give to Activision in exchange for Destiny "gently caress the players gitmoney" 2. Don't give them any money, ever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Colonel posted:

tried emulating r-type final but for some reason pcsx2 was closing every time i pressed start so i googled it and it turned out steam mapped my controller to keyboard inputs this morning despite that being a feature i've never touched in my life

It does it automatically and sometimes even re-enables it once you turn it off.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

I think my most owned game is Bayonetta, at 4 copies.

I own... five copies of deus ex

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckgyhCo7Lw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rarity posted:

I finished WarioWare, it was a fun way to spend a few hours and a great selling point for the Wii's motion controls. It really gives you an idea of the kinda games that are possible.

I'm now playing Gears of War 1 which is I think the most aggressively manly man game for bros to play while they're broing it bro-style and while the graphics are definitely a step up on recent games I've played there's also a huge lack of colour. Despite those issues I'm still having a good time. The characters who aren't Marcus Fenix are good and the early death rate was pretty shocking. Plus it's got a gun which lets you fire a laser from space and I always be here for that kinda thing.

Gears never gets any less stupid but the general level design and gunplay get better. Gears 3 is great fun and also has hilarious melodrama where people with biceps the size of dogs cry about the horrors of war. it's awesome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Te5fcnrUA

GUI posted:

Dom's death in Gears of War 3 is still the funniest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

all around me are familiar faces

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 6, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

GUI posted:

I remember a guy at a place I worked at showing me his Gears of War arm tattoo (it was the cog symbol) and telling me how much it owned but how it went to poo poo once "they killed Dom."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjY1WYB3We0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Anybody here fans of giallo? What is your favorite game that you could describe as giallo?

Giallo is basically a sorta weird exploitation horror style of film and giallo games definitely exist (clock tower for snes and any other horror game by that dude counts) but they tend to...idk, it's weird. I was reading a conversation in the CineD horror thread about giallo and people described it as almost being like a stoner horror film. What would you say your favorite giallo game is, or at least name a game that you think can be described as giallo.

giallo is weird violent stuff but also detective stuff. so does this count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUB-5nxlMw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

When I think of giallo I think of some kind of exploitation slasher noir film and I don't think I can really recall any videogames like that. They're not really straight horror films.

Maybe Condemned?

e: I guess there's always Heavy Rain, hah

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 6, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Pinball Arcade Losing Over 50 Bally and Williams Tables On June 30th
Farsight Studios have announced via Facebook that their licensing agreement for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will not be renewed. Tables manufactured by those two companies will no longer be purchasable within Pinball Arcade on all platforms. This includes everything from Medival Madness and Black Knight 2000 to licensed titles such as Doctor Who and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. The latter pair is notable, as they are two of the five crowdfunded tables present in the current game. All these Kickstarter successes will no longer be available to purchase once the update rolls out.

Overall, Pinball Arcade will be reduced from the current 95 tables to just 33.

Lol. Mega RIP. Just say you're not supporting the game anymore. De-list it.

GTA4 recently patched out most of its music

anyway here's a scene from TESTAMENT OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYu95rSlOSE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Is Mirror’s Edge 2 any fun?

It is not. The one good thing about the original (cool parkour routes) is hosed up because it's open world so you have to redo them multiple times and they can't be too intricate.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Deadfire is great so far. Good job obsidian

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

some pictures of poe2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It is a wolf, of course. I always play a ranger in games where you can get a pet, because pets are best.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

what game is this

PoE2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't have a clean pic of it but here's Kiryu telling you a life lesson

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 10, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw two TV commercials in a row, from Facebook and Wells Fargo, that were the same template of "Sorry we were extremely lovely mega-corporations, but trust us, everything is gonna be different"

Who do these commercials actually convince

They are meant to convince the investors who think those are convincing to poor people that the company will save its image

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

It looks like the coolest take by far on the low ttk iron sights shooter which is a type of game I really don't like outside of like, EYE, but yeah that factory level looks insanely loving cool and having a villain of the level mech boss fight every level seems great

DO4M would probably be right up my alley but unfortunately it completely cooks my computer.

e; i liked the look of the milk waterfall level of D2 they showed off in promos but, yeah...

Titanfall 2 is the best FPS in years. Better than Doom imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rarity posted:

The underground segments of Gears of War do a great job of emphasising how claustrophobic and isolating it feels and I found a bow that shoots grenades, which is pretty cool. We're now off to get a McGuffin that just happens to be at Marcus's old home which feels a bit convenient but sure, whatever

Yeah, the thing about Gears is that it did get copied a lot and it did get some silly sequels but there's a reason it was a phenomenon. That level of popularity doesn't come out of nowhere, you know?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

*Rami Ismail voice* yeah but have you considered that these companies literally couldn't survive without lootboxes and you're killing the industry

if true then let it die

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

what is up with Nicalis putting out crossover games on switch.

they scammed a few people out of their IPs years ago and now everyone knows not to work with them so it's all they got

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pillars 2 is structured essentially like New Vegas, but it's about pirates and you're a gay elf or whatever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

so you're saying, in the beginning you get shot in the head, and then you ride your boat to the island of the guy who can increase your stats, but you have to sail through pirate-ridden waters to get there so you have to just hide and cross your fingers, and when you get there you have to get the guards and the pirates to fight each other because you don't want to gain any levels until you get Might +1 because of how it scales at level up but you need thousands of gold pieces to increase your stats

I don't know what the hell you're talking about apart from the first part which does have an analogue

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

factions. factions? FACTIONS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love that it has an intro when you load a save file and an end credits type deal when you save and chose to quit.

It also has variations on the opening, depending on which arc of the game you're on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD8YjSwQbHw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

that's not what undertale does at all

what if i told you exp stands for extermination points

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

*Credit card flies out of my wallet*

yeah its real good yo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I know PoE2 is coming to the Switch, I hope PoE ends up there at some point too as I'd like to play them both on the same system and carry my characters over.

It includes a background generator so you can create a save with all your choices!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ceyton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb7Ymb9dUQk

RIP Cliffy :patriot:

I'll try to remember you for the UT99 maps and not the 15+ years of bullshit that came after.

Gears was good :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Samuringa posted:

They obviously meant the specific "Mega Man" series because Megaman, in general, peaked at X1

X4 > X1 imo

• Locked thread