Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/fell_martins/status/990601387246571520

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any even remote faint hope of seeing it on PC or is it a total exclusive

It will probably be added to PSNow within the next two years but otherwise not a chance, there have been basically no Sony first party game that came out on PC I don't think (e.g. Uncharted, Killzone, God of War). I guess PC might finally be getting Crash Bandicoot, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

thanks vanguard bandits, for having a kanji that's physically impossible to read

I don't see how it can be any other kanji, really.

Interestingly, the normally-thorough WWWJDIC has no entry for that word, other than as the middle of a larger compound for "virtual machine"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Needs at least two subtitles imo

Horizon: Butadon

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jeza posted:

Minecraft is absolutely gigantic though, and has insane longevity. I think it's old hat for 'gamers', but basically every parent in the West is sticking an iPad with Minecraft into their kid's hands.

A quick google suggests it has like 75 million monthly unique players.

The bigger issue is they picked it up waaaay too late, both because they missed it out during some of its best years, and because it had versions on every other console including PS3, PS4 and PS Vita.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They were trying to buy a chunk of cdpr iirc but it didnt work out.
They have a strong marketing and codevelopment relationship since witcher2 and i expect that to continue.
Cp2077 will deffo be on the xbox stage even if 2 3rds of all witcher3 sales were on ps4

By extension I think there's effectively no chance of anything put out by CDPR to be Xbox-exclusive in any real capacity. For-sure anything they make would also be on PS4 and DRM-free PC via GOG day-and-date.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

But then some of the best games came from times when there might as well have only been one console on the market.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Motto posted:

Also the mega console the plays everything forever is called A Computer that also has a PS4 and Switch connected to the same monitor

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yup, I might still have that big PC game box even.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Skypie posted:

How much will I be looked down on by a store clerk if I buy Dragons Crown Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Pgn4kFVZk

VV lol

univbee fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 2, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rarity posted:

Physical games rule, it's cool to look across my room and see my collection as it increases in size

I started amassing a bit of a collection for my dad's place where the internet is hella-poor, but that makes some gaming decisions interesting since I have to go out of my way to get later pressings (like "greatest hits" and GOTY editions) since they're more caught-up patch-wise and that can mean a difference between a patch of only 100 megs and a patch of 19 gigs. I buy way too much stuff for getting everything physically to be feasible without A&E's Hoarders on speed dial, though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

While physical games are still £10 - £20 less expensive than digital I'll carry on buying them

Probably not much longer :smith:

Yeah one of the big things keeping me buying games at release has been that in Canada during E3 week, most major online retailers sell the games for $49.99CAD+tax when $79.99CAD+tax is the norm, not to mention that in years past Amazon screwed up a few times and double-applied the discount on some titles (so a whole lot of people managed to get new games for under $30 after taxes when they're normally over $90), and also given some E3 game announcements they had pre-orders for took like 2-3 years to come out, during which the US-CAD exchange rate got bad (we used to be 1:1 with the US so games were $59.99CAD+tax until early 2013, then it crept up by $5 and $10 increments until late 2015 when $79.99 pretty much became the normal price), a bunch of 2015-2016 could be had for an older, lower price, with a discount applied to that price.

oddium posted:

physical media owns

since you own it :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

what do they call steam sales in europe

Teenage Mutant Hero Sales, at least pre-Brexit.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I feel like making your own Myst book would actually be a pretty simple hobby project, and cost far less than $170.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

suuma posted:

The real problem with physical media is that my PS4 sounds like it's dying whenever I play a game with a disc.

Weird. Normally it just spins up once to confirm it's a legit disc for the game in question and then the rest plays from the hard drive.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

So apparently Rockstar really are insisting RDR2 is coming this year and have announced the release date as October 26th
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/991693807044452353

Wait is it not getting a PC version?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean, the original didn't :v:

You fool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPceEI0Q0W8

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Hmm, buy it two or three times first and then we'll tell you.

Way ahead of you.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:thunk:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/991749195076964352

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Reality Loser posted:

While I dont need any hot salad now, who's to say I wont in the future

Will just add it to the backlog.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

IMO there need to be more ugly women as game protagonists. Men too for that matter, and I don't mean grizzled dads with a rough charm.

That's what the two ends of the character creation sliders are for.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

Street Fighter 4

5 too with Birdie

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStationFR/status/992396299235418112

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Larryb posted:

Near as I can tell Tropical Freeze is basically identical to the Wii U version (the load times haven't been improved that significantly and the bosses are still irritating damage sponges). Near as I can tell the only real difference is the ability to play as Funky Kong who makes the game slightly easier. In that mode items cost less, you can double jump and hover, have an extra heart, are immune to spikes and can breathe underwater indefinitely like in the classic DKC games.

Otherwise if you've already played the game there isn't a whole lot about the Switch version that makes it particularly worth picking up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

homeless snail posted:

swery is going to jail now but he's not mad at you, just disappointed

Seems like the kind of thing he’d use as inspiration for a story in a new game anyway.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

New Labo kits lookin good

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

If you ranked hobbies based on how poorly people spend their money video games are probably like top 5

in terms of popular hobbies and the general population representing it, I’d say top, full stop.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

get on my level

There is only one book anyone needs in handheld cart form.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

.... wonder if the Nintendo censors let all the incest and that one queen who hosed donkeys in the old testament through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0TOQ1BF-M&t=129s

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/993566133423820800

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Why haven't they done a definitive edition or w/e of GTA4/DLC anyways

It seems like easy money

Do you mean a proper PS4/XB1 version? I feel like the game has too many rough edges to be worth it. They made it backwards-compatible on Xbox One, though, and at least on the last gen systems it's been available as an all-in-one physical SKU for several years now.

DLC Inc posted:

Guess this is why it got taken off Switch so fast. I was looking forward to having it portable but looks like that's never gonna happen.

Good news, it's on PSVita and cross-buy...

with the PS3 version, not the PS4 version, so you can get it portable but are gonna have to buy a second copy of all the tables. :retrogames:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's better than people trying to make PlUnkBat a thing

PlUnBaGr

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So the tagline for Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 is "The Power Of Football" :thunk:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

To complete its status as dad game.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/994217704440651776

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Microsoft would probably be doing the same thing as Sony if they were ahead this generation.

I think this legit happened in early/mid PS3/360 era, Sony definitely wanted to try to even things a little and Xbox refused.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

You can still sign into steam with a PS3 account right.

I seem to remember there was an option to sign into a Steam account from the Portal 2 on PS3 menu, but I honestly don't know if that option ever worked. Portal 2 I think launched the day before there was the big PSN hack and the online was down for like 6 weeks.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Convex posted:

I bought Kirby's Adventure Wii to play with my son when he's a bit older. Saw its rated 10+ for violence so thought I should check the gameplay to see if it's appropriate, got carried away and now I'm like 45% complete

Having a kid is a cool excuse to play Kirby again :)

Pretty sure the E10+ is because you're still attacking enemies with swords and hammers and stuff and making them disappear and be injured.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Convex posted:

Well I'd better make sure the final boss doesn't have any surprises in store, can never be too careful!

https://twitter.com/Brenzicure/status/979449178312052736

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

This might be a good plan. Get a 4K TV with real good HDR, those TVs currently are quite expensive. Don't make the mistake I made and get a cheap HDR TV. This is what I bought because I didnt know better https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FN2B2N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a great 4K TV, but the HDR is only 8bit and quite weak overall. You want something with dolby digital HDR.

I did more or less the same thing because my hand was forced when my old TV straight-up died, and I really couldn't afford to dive into anything fancier. Still I'm happy with the results, and I kind of feel that for non-gaming purposes 1080 is enough p's. Hell even for gaming purposes, hitting some real diminishing returns territory, not to mention how hard to come by 4K material actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Honestly I'm teetering on the opinion that you're probably off just getting a really good 1080p TV. Could well be a function of how big a screen you want to get and how far you sit from it, but there's limited 4K material available especially if your internet isn't really good and it's really not a significant step up from 1080p IMO. Maybe if you spend a few grand and get a big OLED.

• Locked thread