Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Currently I am playing a lot of Ki No Kuni 2. I got the zepplin last night, so I have complete freedom to the gameworld and i'm not sure what to do now before I continue with the main story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm 34 today and listening to TMBG

Happy birthday!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished the story for Titanfall 2 today. :homebrew: I enjoyed it. Will there be a Titanfall 3?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sadly the sequel was only ever on PlayStation 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think i'll be able to finish Ki No Kuni II this week but I can't decide how much I want to bother with the kingdom building part in post game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind about my previous post about finishing Ki No Kuni 2. This kingdom building feature sucks and it's lame as hell that you have to do it in order to progress the story. It's a lame attempt to force you to do side quests and grind.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There should be zero surprises that it wouldn't sell.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally hooked my Switch up to my 4K TV. Splatoon 2, and Disgaea 5 goodness on the big screen. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

Hellgate: London was the king of incongruous lovely minigames. I think it had a shmup, a turret section and an RTS all within a few hours of each other and the were all terrible. And I actually liked the game in general.

I remember all of this now! That game was so loving horrible. I remember there was one final update that was planned to be released that made the game way better, but then the dev studio shut down so it never saw the light of day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am that person that plays super grindy multiplayer games. So I stick to one or two games for a very long time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

It's very sad when games with some kind of thematic arc manage to completely break games journalists' brains

Because they are not real journalists. These opinion pieces are just brain stormed in a team meeting room and handed out randomly to their writers and they are told to try their best to write some words. It's pure clickbait for views that in turn generate revenue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kratos was right to murder all of those people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am bad at technology, how do I get my Xbox One controller to sync up with blue tooth on my PC?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

cortana, bing me a bone 'trollo for me pc

This worked, thank you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

some pictures of poe2

I go through the tutorial part of PoE2 last night, that was all I had time for, but the game is beautiful and the gameworld is really unique and interesting right now. I can't wait to have time to play more.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I prefer Fortnite, please stab me. :ese:

I play it at least once a week or so and just for about an hour or two.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is also cool about Fortnite is that it's one of those rare cross platform games. All players from PC, PS4, Xbox, and mobile play together in the same games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

This isn't true right, the consoles don't talk to each other. It's pc/Xbox/mobile and then PS4

Whoops, my bad. I had thought that was the case, but it is not so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still like my Xbox One S and use it a lot. I play any free to play games on it, Forza 7, and Netflix.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

I want an XBOX for the back compat but I'll probably wait another 4 years for 4K TVs to get cheaper

This might be a good plan. Get a 4K TV with real good HDR, those TVs currently are quite expensive. Don't make the mistake I made and get a cheap HDR TV. This is what I bought because I didnt know better https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FN2B2N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a great 4K TV, but the HDR is only 8bit and quite weak overall. You want something with dolby digital HDR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo launches their paid online service in September and it includes 20 NES games. I would rather it include 20 SNES games though. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I see people in Splatoon 2 who are level 70 and I am trying to understand how. That is a lot of playing Splatoon 2 to get to that point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Few have truly dark rooms which is definitely what you want for a projector, on top of all the setup they require in terms of a surface to project on, a place where the projector can go without being obstructed, stuff like that. But at least for 1080p units you can get decent ones for not that much, and they're the only modern option for 3D if you still want to do that, but then you also have to import movies from Europe if you're in North America because most studios stopped bothering with NA releases.

The real upgrade is in HDR. Which not a lot of content supports, but the games and movies that do support it look pretty beautiful. It's a night and day difference over normal 1080p or normal native 4K.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

And then UHD Blu-ray's have the whole issue of typically being simpler in nature at this stage (e.g. in a few cases they'll only have a single version of a movie while the Blu-ray will have them all).

With the really messy availability of UHD Blu-ray I think I'm just going to get a 4K Apple TV since I have an extensive library of stuff from years of digital codes and beefy enough internet for it, and those by default give me the SDR versions as well.

I had decided a few years ago that I wanted to go with Amazon digital for my video library. They have yet to upgrade to 4K video which is frustrating because I prefer digital movies over physical, but I already have a large Amazon library and I feel like switching over to another service such as Apple for buying movies would be annoying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo announced that Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is coming to Nintendo Switch on August 28.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/994592992760619008

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/05/open-letter-to-apb-reloaded-community.html

APB, the dead game you didn't realise still existed but was also dying a slow slow death has once again been dragged out of the doldrums of condemnation by another brave, brave publisher. They're hoping to finish the fabled engine upgrade to Unreal 4 and give it a bunch new content and so on.

Yes the game sucked but it was also real fun and had some great moments and the customization is still some of the best in gaming. Let's see if APB's third chance pays off.

Everyone is better off just playing Grand Theft Auto Online. APB is a poor imitation of that game even though it came out first. I remember when APB first launched and goons flipped their poo poo over how terrible it was though lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Annual reminder that it’s Mother’s Day this weekend

Thankfully my mom never really cared about mother’s day, but it’s a weird day for me since my mom passed away last December. :sigh: Maybe i’ll play a game with a good gaming mom in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I got a free copy of Pillars of Eternity 2 by shitposting about Star Citizen so I’m gonna play that when I return from my vacation to South Carolina tonight

That is an excellent gift to get! PoE2 is a fantastic RPG.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol the RAGE 2 rumor turned out to be true. ID Software is working on the sequel as their next game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought Prey just now for Steam for $19.77 total. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Fox sucks and there are plenty of better alternatives to F-Zero.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Kind of feel bad for Cliffy

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245

Radical Heights like literally just came out right, jesus what a bomb

Gooooood loving riddance. The game industry needs less egomaniacs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He needs to just go back to being a level designer for first person shooters. Epic needs to finish up their new Unreal Tournament already, that still has a lot of work left on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Wow, last I heard about that was that they were trying to convince/trick the community to develop it for them like five years ago.

Epic has abandoned all of their other projects in favor of Fortnite. Nothing else is being updated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CliffyB and his company is basically every joke/parody in the TV show Silicon Valley.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kinda very interested in Jurassic World Evolution because dinosaurs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sold $17,200 in shares this morning. Pretty much all of it is going to go towards my student loan, but I decided to treat myself and bought God of War. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

That is a very expensive edition of God of War.

It's the one where Sony comes to your house and sacrifices a goat in your living room.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Children, when the grades fell.

Drake and Ninja, on the ocean.

Thanos, his fist closed.

This straight up never gets old and makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those who use their PC's on their TV to play video games, what mouse/keyboard do you use when necessary? Do any of you have a recommended small wireless keyboard/mouse that you like?

• Locked thread