Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Will there be DLC? If so, it goes straight into my "not until goty edition" category

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I came here just now to post this.Has any game gone to humble that fast?

Comedy option: is it worth 12 bucks?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
TLoU may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it a lot. It has solid story, good atmosphere and some really stunning moments. And it has some flaws. but it is not as repetitive as people say, and if you are afraid of too much combat, play on easy, you'll have a lot of fun.

Basically, since you already have it, try it, if you like it stick with it, if not stop playing. There is a reason the game is popular in general.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Do any quick and easy board games come out these days? Feels like it's either a new variation of Cluedo or Monopoly vs a 5 hour session where you need to take notes and need 8 people

Sure, just not on kickstarter. Look up Sagrada,, it is easy quick and beautiful to look at.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

"Wow I'm sure glad that game took 100 hours to beat" - me, never.

I seem to remember you are pro Witcher 3 though. How long did that take you?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

More like Nintennooooooo, am I right :smug:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

well i know of one for sure, my ex's kid.

This raises more questions than it answers...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Almost every single "kids these days :rolleyes:" trend involves adults as well. Pretty much everyone is sucked into killing time on their smart phones now.

The only correct way to waste time on your phone is the Awful App :smug:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

What big 2k franchise?

I fear this may be Borderlands 3. I really want a 4 player co-op FPS again. Only good this time, presequel was hella bland with the same moon landscapes in 3 colours and the stupid ice skating running.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Gluten is apparently bad for you, though.

Late to the party but I have to answer this because it "triggers me", as the kids say these days. Gluten is only bad for you if you suffer from coeliac disease (spelling?). In Germany for example that is 1.5 percent of the population max from what I read. Otherwise you are fine as there is no "gluten intolerance" it's full on coeliac and you will suffer immensely or it doesn't bother you. Hell there even is pure gluten that is used in low carb baking. But for some reason women's magazines decided to have to start a war on gluten because they didn't know what else to impress their gullible readers with. And it went wild from there.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone said that Diablo is the Dark Souls of ARPGs yet?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Guilty...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I played FPS games with a Logitech trackball for years and miss it, AMA.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

OK. Why did you stop? They're still readily available.

Mine broke and everybody told me the Logitech mx518 was the new poo poo, so I caved in. It was tough as nails to get used to it at first but now I am a boring normie with a mouse.

It felt so great to do 360 flips at the flick of the thumb...and I thought aiming was easier than having to move thebentire mouse... maybe one day...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Whenever I read "auteur" in this thread, my brain tells me it is just a fancy French version of "autist". And when I just convinced myself that can't be true, I watch a trailer/stream or play one of those auteur's games and realize my brain must have been right all along. Rinse repeat.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

They have Red Bull

This cosplay is a surefire way to suicide by cop in the US I bet.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

On the other hand, Yakuza made me sign up for a year of Muay Thai classes and challenge my college nemesis to a fistfight (with gloves, obviously) in a year from now. Majima is my mom and moms are tough.

So you are one of those nerds who declared another nerd you nemesis because his cosplay was the same as yours but better/he always won in chess club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So a Fallout online survival game. When will devs understand they can just make a PvP game right away because the only survival aspect in "MP survival games" is "how much stuff will I lose when some OP player kills me while I try to build my first fire"?

Well, another game I can ignore.

• Locked thread