Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my god this Atelier L&S game is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gloomy Rube posted:

The skeleton pirate captain is my hero.

I'm going to have a lot of trouble dividing my time between playing this, exploring more of Slime Rancher (I just discovered the ancient ruins aaaaa), and playing BattleTech

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lucia is nothing if not an affirmation of the part of me that hates anime

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I said it in the RPG thread and I'll say it again here

the ojousama ohoho laugh is one of the most annoying sounds humans are capable of producing

between the sound and the stance it's just

it's literally the weeb dab (except female exclusive [probably {i don't want to know}])

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm starting to get the sense that this new God of War is something I should actually be playing, though all I can really get without watching a video is the BOY thing so I don't even really know what genre it falls into

Is there any even remote faint hope of seeing it on PC or is it a total exclusive

Gah I shouldn't be asking this, I have Slime Rancher, Atelier L&S and BattleTech to be playing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

yes. also there's also a ton of ateliers so if you're into that you can play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcc16o0SaY

at some point

my only complaint so far i guess is that poo poo takes a while just from a pure ui perspective, like fades between menus and scenes and suchlike

but I guess that's unavoidable

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So that GranBlue Fantasy game, can't look it up right now but it's just a grindy JRPGish thing with a stamina bar and an F2P shop, right

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Motto posted:

It's a gacha RPG, yeah. Though at this point it's so popular that they do free draw promotions basically all the time (also because most of your power progression in that game is grinding weapon drops instead of character acquisition).

Thanks. Shame, the art style is appealing but the gameplay seems relatively nonexistent :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dont they literally explode from eating too much shortly thereafter

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

Love this absolute unit

alright i've hit my annoyed old man limit

what is an absolute unit, why is it called that and where did this one come from

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Not gonna google your fat jokes for you

learning that it's just another way to single out fat people just makes me more cross

bleh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still don't know if this whole VR thing is going to take off more or less as is, but I can certainly say I'm thankful for the amount of exercise I'm getting from the likes of BoxVR and Beat Saber

did i say thankful, i meant ow my lungs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

I don't have boxvr, but beat saber is real good

id say boxvr is the better workout just because you're striking instead of swinging a vr lever but beat saber is way more fun and i cannot loving wait for the day that user content becomes available

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

like current gen vr is an absurdly expensive toy atm, sure, I get that, but i see stuff like this and, well

it's the most "this is the future and it's pretty cool after all :unsmith:" i've felt in a long while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 4, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres your problem, u want the weed with thc, not b!

:newlol:

but yea could be a huge number of things depending on the weed you tried, some strains are really mild on the high

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yeah, I felt oddly sad when I found out that it was apparently a clan recruitment video or some poo poo

otoh it just being badly acted erases the fremdschamen from "repeating of course" guy so i say it balances out

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i finally just got home from work, all happy for friday and ready to play some bideo games, but i'm just staring and posting instead

weird

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

You guys suck

Not nearly as much as Bank of America though

20 years ago i went in to my bofa branch to withdraw cash from the teller to go buy a couple games, not having a credit or bank card yet

go to buy the games, the clerk takes one look and says 'uh that's a counterfeit fifty, bro'--and indeed it was

that was one confusing and angry afternoon but i do remember closing my accounts immediately and yelling a lot

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 5, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i don't remember what it actually looked like at this point but it was obvious to him and blindingly obvious to the bank manager when i went back

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

don't even remember what games i eventually got. hope they were good ones, past me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Support your local credit unions IMO

i keep meaning to do this but when i think about switching i'm either lazy or it's sunday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

be your own bank, all you need is about 10 high end video cards

i feel like this mining thing retroactively financially justifies my choice to buy a 1080ti

it... it doesn't, but, y'know

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Wait so Last of Us is bad? I had a (digital) copy that I got during some sale that I was hoping to get to at some point based on the hype, but I dunno now.

seems to depend entirely on if you like the protags

i was indifferent to both and as referenced above the actual game kinda sucked so i never bothered to finish it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've been laughing for ten straight minutes at the realization in this that don flamenco looks like nicholas cage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMn-Q8mccyw&t=1150s]

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ended up buying and playing Star Traders: Frontiers on Steam for a few hours and I still have no idea wtf I'm doing, but I'm intrigued as hell by it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

That game looks super cool. Does the Early Access feel like a full game or is it basically a paid beta?

outside the odd typo it feels very technically competent, if that's what you mean

as gameplay goes i can't answer because I'm still kinda overwhelmed, but that's more on my anti-sandbox nature than anything else

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

frankly i'd just recommend never having children full stop

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Combine w/ games ftw

i just realized i've been on :420: and Space Traders Frontier for about 12 hours now without quite realizing it

(and i ain't done yet!!!)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

there is just something about "NOVA explodes from the snes version" being a recognizable meme that just makes me laugh every time

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

someone itt asked me yesterday what i thought of Space Traders: Frontiers and if it felt really early access, I think I can finally reply

while the universe is big with plenty to do it feels vaguely repetitive, the uniqueness of one dice roll vs another or one card game that is the same as another is entirely by e.g. calling one Spying and the other Patrols

despite that i have been playing for about 20 hours since buying it about 30 hours ago and haven't wanted to tear myself away for reasons i can't entirely articulate. maybe it's the lizard part of my brain that appreciates numbers going up because goddamn there are a lot of numbers in it, and the connections between the numbers are detailed well enough to give you a sense that you're still surely, if slowly, driving toward a larger task and greater things

i haven't checked but i would not be shocked to find that the devs are tablet/phone app developers either former or present, because boy does this game's interface have a lot of unnecessary clicking unless you learn a hell of a lot of hotkeys

anyway i've been playing that captain for a total of about 20 hours, the starting ship is fully upgraded, i'm the Golden Boy of my starting faction in all matters trade and political, and I just realized I'm on the "wrong" difficulty setting (oh by the way that's really adjustable) so I have to start over

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

conclusion: yeah it's early access as hell, a bunch of talents outright say "NOT YET IMPLEMENTED" like a default NYIException catch or something, some typos, the ui is doofy, it can be a little slow if you're travelling a lot, and i frankly have no idea if the plot missions are compelling or balanced or whatever because i got annoyed at the writing and ignored them, but

Star Traders colon Frontiers is my gotm for may 2018. namaste

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i mean gently caress my username and several of my avs are based on wh40k books so i think my opinion on schlock (i.e. it is Good as long as it is recognized as such) is pretty clear

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

this is good lit

i never thought about this but micro/zero grav "jiggle physics" (and not just women's boobmeat) must be insanely distracting IRL

like now that I think about it that would be the number one thing to drive me insane if I ever had to deal

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

If anything he fits in well with all the Norse gods who are real shitlords themselves

yeah by comparison the greek gods were just randy as hell but total peaceniks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

still loving hilarious and i still don't really understand why

absurdism is powerful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

I feel bad for Galactic Nova. It's like killing Shenron in Dragon Ball, he just grants wishes man.

isn't NOVA just a machine, and anyway i think a wish-granting machine is too dangerous to live in a universe with as many meta-cosmic horrors as the kirbyverse

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the fact that the kirbyverse could be described to be A Thing is astounding to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

urbies loving own and i appreciate this shitpost video for that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Bramble posted:

I wish someone who knew what they were doing would make a Star Traders: Frontiers thread because the game seems like it would be amazing if I had any idea what I was doing. All the steam guides seem to assume you've been playing early access for a year.

The only thing stopping me at this point is time, laziness, and fear of making a Bad Thread

that, and when i'm home instead of at work i could be Playing The Game :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh god i just made a thread in games, i'm scared

• Locked thread