Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played either Destiny game but from what I understand it's a case where Bungie didn't learn anything from all the complaints people had in the first game and when 2 came they broke new things by trying to fix problems that weren't there and continued with the poo poo that made everyone hate the first game at launch.

I don't know if that's how I'd describe it. The problems it has feel pretty different from Destiny 1's to me. They streamlined a lot of Destiny 1 as they expanded it, mostly for the better. But in Destiny 2 they took it too far in a lot of areas and got rid of a good bit of the game's depth. It felt like you were done with the game after 2 weeks or so, which would be fine for a single player game but is pretty dire for an MMO. They broke a few features from Destiny 1 in the interest of lootboxifying them, which precluded any good will from a lot of the fanbase. They also reduced the standard PvP size from 6v6 to 4v4 which made it feel a lot less accessible to bads like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

No I mean it has some cosmetic stuff that you can only use a limited amount of times and then you lose it and have to try and get it again

Yeah, dyes for your armor and weapons called shaders. Having dyes be a 1 use thing wouldn't be a huge deal except a) they were unlimited use in Destiny 1 and b) they're a big feature of the real money shop now.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Jade empire contains one of the worst shmups ever made its insane it wasnt cut from the final build and instead made optional

Hellgate: London was the king of incongruous lovely minigames. I think it had a shmup, a turret section and an RTS all within a few hours of each other and the were all terrible. And I actually liked the game in general.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Robo Turnus posted:

WHICH game do you think has the best soundtrack of the ages? As for me, I think it is LISA, the painful rpg. A 2nd place is tied between hotline miami and DOOM.

Little King's Story was pretty great. A lot of weird, thematic takes on classical music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa2KwrDJJk

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Best video game mama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmaknzSZSCE

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bitch Battle 64: Pussy of Lordly Caliber

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wait so Valve is taking down games that feature characters with big eyes?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i think dkc3 was much better than 1; 2 is, of course, the best of the trilogy

Agreed. 1 feels kind of bare bones without really being any more focused than 2. 2 expands on everything 1 did and is better in just about every way. 3 has an absolutely insane amount of stuff for an SNES game, it's sort of a proto-collectathon. It's really amazing what they were able to put into an SNES game. It's way less tight of an experience than 2 though. 2 also has the advantage of having two nimble characters rather than a nimble character and a meaninglessly "strong" character.

I can still go back and play 2 and 3 but 1 just feels too dated to me at this point.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 19, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dewgy posted:

UC1 takes some getting used to because “enemies lose accuracy and are easier to hit when you rush them” is such a weird and backwards concept in games that it’s really hard to gel with.

If you can manage that it’s a great game, though they did balance it way better in UC2 and beyond.

UC1 bugged me because it was one of the games with "on rails but the rails are mostly invisible and you have to guess where they are" traversal sections that plagued that console generation. Also the enemies are ridiculous bullet sponges but not fist sponges, what's up with that,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Raxivace posted:

The craziest part of Dark Souls Remastered is that people are actually using the Gravelord covenant again.

Does it actually work now?

• Locked thread