Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Kind of off topic but just throwing it out there: could the solaire amiibo imply the inclusion of solaire in ssb5?

I hope not because there's enough sword characters tbh (as much as I would LOVE that tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
assuming marth, roy, lucina, shulk, cloud make the cut (HA)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

so is it too late to hope for any kind of SotFS-esque enemy remixing, at least in ng+?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh I just realised I should relisten to bonfireside chat as I play.

I'm pretty excited, DS took up such a huge chunk of my time during a pretty rough part of my life. It'll be nice to go back to something that was kind of a therapy game for me.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I made a thing

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Spoilers: How to reach Blacksmith Vamos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAD14l6Db8

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Praise the Sun lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bogart posted:

Praise the Sun lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LRGzoe_mio&t=124s

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Your Computer posted:

Maybe they will have dedicated servers for PvP. You know, one placed in Japan and one placed in "the rest of the world" :downs:
Nah. I'm parroting saint_riot here and I'm sure it's not strictly true and creative ways can be found around this (ones that From won't find), but the fact that only the phantoms load, while the host stays in their own persistent world (as opposed to both the host and the phantoms loading into a separate server) means that it has to be P2P

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Someone really has to tell the Fromsoft marketing team to stop using the phrase "dedicated servers for multiplayer," because the exact same misconception arose with DS3. I can only chalk it up to some weird translation issue.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I mean if we're compiling a list of the classics...

https://youtu.be/XxpwABDCxOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Can confirm: Probably going to pre-order on PC like a dubmassmarty pants and then wait a few months for the Switch version to be $30 or so.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
This comes with the Artorias dlc too right?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love Dark Souls 1 so much :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tyrelhill posted:

This comes with the Artorias dlc too right?

Yes. The only way to end up without the DLC nowadays is if you pick it up the original version on 360 or PS3.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gonna get this on PS4 and PC too. Just need a Demon's Souls remaster and I'll have the entire series on the one box :getin:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can download the network test now and stare at the title screen for another week (??) if you so desire

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

demons souls switch when!???

buying this badboy on PC (for pals) and Switch (for making GBS threads) probably

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

buying this badboy on PC (for pals) and Switch (for making GBS threads) probably

Demon's Souls is a Sony property like Bloodborne. If it ever gets a remaster, it'll be only for Sony consoles.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Hell loving yes
Let's start this thread off right, in the proper Souls tradition of a multi-page argument about whether it's profitable for Sony to port DeS to PC

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Profitable shmofitable, I want to get some sticky white stuff on my PC whether it's in their company's best interest or not!

And good news, you can play Demon's Souls on PC right now if you want!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eF3kw9ca0

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

Please tell me, in contrast to goons_txt that a lot of you dont actually play games on the toilet. Anything beyond a phone game anyway. Gfs coworker is the most beta pile of odor and laziness I've ever seen, he was telling me the other day about how he has 3 PS4s, and a GC in his bathroom *shudders*

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
For some reason I had it in my head the remaster came out today, and got all excited when I saw the thread. Then I read the OP :negative:

So I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseum in the old DS thread, but is there 100% confirmation that From has done nothing to clean up some of the more unpolished endgame content? I would like for them to have at least done something with Bed of Chaos so it's not a broken borderline unplayable mess anymore.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its not 100% confirmed, since no one is able to report on anything past like taurus demon, but given that that would be a big selling point and we haven't heard anything about it its pretty safe to say it ain't happening.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Unfortunate. Not unfortunate enough to stop me from dropping $20 on it though because DS1 with DS3's level of technical polish is going to rule.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

indyrenegade posted:

I hope not because there's enough sword characters tbh (as much as I would LOVE that tho)

Obviously Solaire would be a Wii Fit Trainer clone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is From implementing the matchmaking restrictions from DS3? Cause if not there is gonna be a lot of salty people complaining about being invaded in the Burg by people with +5 lightning weapons.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Is From implementing the matchmaking restrictions from DS3? Cause if not there is gonna be a lot of salty people complaining about being invaded in the Burg by people with +5 lightning weapons.
looks like they are along with password matching to bypass said restrictions

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Profitable shmofitable, I want to get some sticky white stuff on my PC whether it's in their company's best interest or not!

I'll do this if they add network functionality to the emulator - I doubt that's on their first priority list though.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is gamepad use easy with the DeS PC emulation? I don't even care about the online poo poo at all.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Sydin posted:

Unfortunate. Not unfortunate enough to stop me from dropping $20 on it though because DS1 with DS3's level of technical polish is going to rule.

You have to hand it to them, they have a pretty good business model.

Fans: Whoa, awesome! Are you going to fix Lost Izalith?

Fans: That's bullshit! Here's my money by the way, I'll take two

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OzFactor posted:

That's not really fair though, it's not a remake.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
See, From just knows their fans well.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CJacobs posted:

drat this is tempting, I started DeS recently but the PS3 looks like garbage now

its surprisingly great, I think I prefer it to DaS actually theres some really loving weird poo poo in it

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
One thing I’ll miss from DS3 is being able to teleport to every bonfire anytime.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Your Computer posted:

If they can add a bonfire and change other mechanics, they can fix some other rare terrible blemishes that stood out compared to the rest of it. It's not like SoFTS was a "remake" either.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Ya it's mostly a remaster. They just changed a few bits(bonfire, online) and put higher res textures.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Joe Man posted:

If they can add a bonfire and change other mechanics, they can fix some other rare terrible blemishes that stood out compared to the rest of it. It's not like SoFTS was a "remake" either.

Sure, there's lots of stuff I wish they would've done too. I'm just saying that they never said that this was gonna be a remake and it's dumb to expect big changes like that. I mean hell, it's literally in the title. If they had advertised this as a remake of Dark Souls then sure, but it's literally just a remaster and any changes they've made is just icing on the cake.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

OzFactor posted:

Bandai Namco owns the IP I believe, so you have them to blame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

And if I recall, the remaster is getting handled by a different company than From, which is pretty typical for ports/remasters. (Off the top of my head, I know the Sly Cooper and Okami remasters and the original PS3 port of Bayonetta were done by companies other than the original devs.)