Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think he’s cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The price for a bunch of decent players to emerge from the Cards farm is that their top 5 MLB blue chippers either die or cannot stay healthy.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: Clayton Kershaw makes his triumphant return from the DL today. His fastball in the first inning was ~89.

V: :tif:

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 1, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

N: Clayton Kershaw makes his triumphant return from the DL today. His fastball in the first inning was ~89.

He's also getting an MRI on his back. :rip:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well, I guess you can only ignore a herniated disc for so long...

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

So this guy Wright for Boston is a knuckleballer, and a good one if the innnings he pitched against the Stros are any indication. And of course I thought about Wakefield.

Are some clubs friendlier to knuckleballers, like the Red Sox, or is it just a coincidence where they end up?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bawfuls posted:

I don’t think a single one went above 90.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
stat: last year not one of kershaws over 1100 fastballs was below 90

tonight they all were

...he might be for real done and that really sucks

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Done for real. Cooked. Washed up. Circling the drain. 2.76 ERA.

You want to talk about players that are cooked, talk about King Felix.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I guess when the MRIs of your elbow and shoulder don’t explain a loss of 7 MPH on your fastball you go fishing and image your back. Should we hope they find something or not? I honestly don’t know.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's not a good sign but Kyle Hendricks rarely ever throws over 90 and he still manages to clown guys regularly.

If Kershaw still has command he's got enough pitches to still get guys out.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

his fastball command has also looked un-Kershawian while it's been losing velocity

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Twins are never gonna win another game, are they?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m watching the replay now and he was noticeably grimacing, and his delivery was lame and gimpy. This is an old athlete with a bad back, man :geno:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Good Dog posted:

Done for real. Cooked. Washed up. Circling the drain. 2.76 ERA.

Pretty ominous. I wonder if there are any other Cy Young-winning Dodgers pitchers that were done before 31 and had a 2.76 (career) ERA.... :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

Twins are never gonna win another game, are they?

probably not but yo listen to the sound of this contact

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/01/2105337283/1527821546146/asset_2500K.mp4

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

the popes toes posted:

So this guy Wright for Boston is a knuckleballer, and a good one if the innnings he pitched against the Stros are any indication. And of course I thought about Wakefield.

Are some clubs friendlier to knuckleballers, like the Red Sox, or is it just a coincidence where they end up?

Wright has had ups and downs. One season he was legitimately really good. But he also has patches where he can't throw strikes.

Also: https://www.overthemonster.com/2018/3/23/17157462/steven-wright-suspension-domestic-violence

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Wasn't there a Baltimore minor league pitcher who tried to convert to a knuckleballer recently? His name escapes me. He wasn't bad before adding it, he just wasn't on track to be a good MLB starting pitcher.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: The Cards came back from a bullpen meltdown to walk off with 5 runs in the 9th.

V: Ahahahaha, holy poo poo. Now someone please fix the loving 'pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy June!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858762

• Locked thread