Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«64 »
Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Good Dog posted:

Adding onto our conversation last week about the biggest name/superstar in baseball, ESPN released their "World Fame" top 100 ranking based on endorsements, social media following, search scores, etc: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...d-fame-100-2018

No baseball players.

I wonder how much the lack of promotion of players as individuals is tied to the frequency of big trades/free agency in baseball relative to the other big sports (particularly of all-star-class players). Sure, a team could put together a media package and promote the poo poo out of one of their star players as "the face of the franchise" but then things change six months later and now it makes more sense to trade that player, and all they've done is encourage a fan backlash (or best case scenario, waste $$$).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

If it's one thing I can't stand, it's people bunting.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The sequel to the Adam Dunn video, it's a Rickey video.

Somehow I forgot to post the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QDXtKHEPY

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Niwrad posted:

I agree that it's unlikely but they're going to have to do something with Heyward regardless. He's the 5th or 6th best outfielder on the team and shouldn't be the reason the Cubs can't add a RFer.

I haven't looked at any of this stuff since the whole A-Rod kerfuffle but does the MLBPA have a stance on "Here's a bonus to encourage you to take your contractual opt out since if we have to pay you anyway you're our 5th outfielder now and you're going to spend more time wrangling Joe Maddon's flamingos than on the field?". His first opt-out is after this season but he'd have to be crazy to take it all things considered.

«64 »