Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

ArtVandelay posted:

So, in a few weeks, i'm going on a little midwest baseball vacation, trying to get to a bunch of cities and stadiums i've still never been to. I'm getting to a game in Cleveland, Chicago, and Minneapolis. I'm sadly going to miss out on the Tigers and Brewers, but it sounds like I don't really want to go to those stadiums anyway.

So, what things should I be doing and what places should I be eating at in and around the Progressive/Wrigley/Target fields.

What type of food are you wanting? I could probably find you somewhere if you don’t mind being outside of Wrigleyville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Make sure you have a shot of Malørt before you leave the city!

Are you trying to kill him?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

I've also been told I need to go to Lou Malnati. so I've got decisions to make

I find the sauce at Lou Malnati’s to be way too sweet for a pizza, but that might be personal opinion. The original Pizzaria Uno is my favorite place, but that’s all the way in the Loop, and that’s a long rear end commute from where you’re staying.

Funny thing is that I’m gonna be in Chicago next week so I gotta figure out food options too. :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Edit! ^ goddamnit we posted the same thing :argh:

Also from the article:

quote:

But obviously Ichiro wouldn’t know who Tom Brady is. Unlike Tom Brady, Ichiro can catch.
I’m loving dead.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Have an auctioneer make the play-by-play after the 10th :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/marc_normandin/status/995005662433341440?s=21

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

the popes toes posted:

There’s no escaping the incessantly repetitive MLB.tv commercials. Probably not even if you go to hell.

1 The DirectTV black dude commercial uses an ear destroying klaxon which not coincidentally is the same horn sound the US Marines played at monster volumes in Panama to get Noriega to stumble mindlessly from his hidey hole. Nothing can redeem this monstrosity.

2 Charge it to the Game is well produced but I had to look up the phrase “charge it to the game” because I wondered if this was a credit card commercial but it wasn’t. I think their target audience is watching another sport because it has English sub-titles for mom and dad. I don’t think this is mom and dad’s favorite commercial.

3 The What's in your Wallet beer girl is really cute. Like really, really cute. I don’t mind this commercial. Can she do color announcing?

4. Verlander’s nose goo commercial is thankfully short but leaves me wondering if he could have made more money pitching Pepsi.

5. There’s a “no, not that leap, THAT leap” ad for somebody called Mophie, which would be a good baseball nickname. I don’t know what they are selling.

Those are the main ones. Is there some kind of marketing dogma that values strapping people to a chair, forcibly wiring their eyelids open and playing the same thing over and over again?

I believe Mophie is a phone case that also charges your phone, but they completly destroy the phone battery since there no way for the phone to not be plugged into the case.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/1001168809334661121?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

• Locked thread