Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Collin_McHugh/status/991383748397715456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregman isn't that far removed from getting wholly owned on twitter to the point of deleting his account so having a layup like this was nice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/991373280400560128

Bauer torn between "The Astros took MY idea and made their pitchers better, I deserve the credit" and "The Astros are dirty cheaters because Charlie Morton is better than me now"

also a pro tier reply

https://twitter.com/LMBRSSTRWBRRY/status/991374463211098112

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bauer probably calls himself the Edison of baseball science not knowing he's accurate for the wrong reasons

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/991376521532203009

*equates saliva to pine tar and calls it a day*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe I lost the plot but I thought they were talking about Morton's gum as well

e: Yeah this is where Bauer entered the conversation

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/991338575726829568

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mcmagic calling someone a noted idiot is extremely my jam

e: I also think it's beautiful and poetic that we have polar opposites on this forum on opinions of one Charlie Morton

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 1, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Morton's spin rate multiplied when he became an Astro" is also a dumb take because his spin rate was the reason they signed him, same as Collin McHugh

When they first signed him all you could ever find about him was stuff about his league best spin rate on Astros sites/blogs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Despite this not being me, I absolutely am not better than this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

This man, who is not a WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Well that part is accurate ;)

Being an Astros fan can be hard in its own way. For example: realizing my favorite Astros blog is run by a MAGAhead whose politics sometimes seep into his posts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*looks up Kershaw's numbers and wonders what Dodgers fans are bitching about*

Although he'd be the #4 starter in Houston ;)

(and get no run support at all)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My youngest son started tee ball this spring and I've already taught him how to bat flip

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jit bull transpile posted:

My RTTS character gets called up for the playoffs, is declared the world series MVP, and now is just sitting on the bench in the next season. Mike Matheny is an idiot even in virtual reality.

I had a RTTS pitcher that had a sub 1 ERA, was like 29-1, annihilated the single season strikeout record, won MVP, CY, WS MVP, going into free agency at 24 years old and couldn't get more than a $8m AAV offer

Signed a 1 year prove-it deal with the Dodgers and threw a perfect game in his first start, hit over .400 with 40+ homeruns and won all those awards again and still couldn't get a big contract offer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reminder that Angel Hernandez filed a lawsuit against MLB for giving him negative evaluations and passing him over as WS crew chief

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to thank the Tigers for Verlander once again and laugh at myself for not liking the trade when it happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

I didn't like it at all either for houston at the time and figured verlander was toast

so you're not alone, but lol here we are

Including the playoffs, Verlander has made 21 starts as an Astro and has given up 22 earned runs :captainpop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was also at this game. This was the first time I ever saw deGrom pitch in person and it was absolutely magical.

Apparently our lord & savior deGrom has a 1.54 ERA and a 5-5 record. The Mets do not deserve him.

Send him to the Astros IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

If Jacob deGrom became a Astro, I would probably become an actual serious Astros fan and not just a Morton fangirl who watches every Yanks-Astros game on YES.

What if the Astros sold high on Morton and he was part of the trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

imagine caring what people put on their hot dogs/pizza

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Anything I should know about Joe Musgrove? He's back from the DL and making his first start for the Buccos tonight.

He's really good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jim Deshaies owns you fools

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why are you guys continuing to engage with this idiot

just write him off as dumb and move on

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

So, what do you all put on your hot dogs?

This if the Astros win the WS again, toxxed it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Is that just being held together with congealed fat or something?

Like most 70s recipes it has a heapin' helpin' of jello

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Is this an obvious gimmick account or did someone just buy him a highly appropriate Angel Hernandez avatar?

He had a Trump Poster avatar twenty minutes ago :shrug:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why do you hate yourself so much

How bad could it be? :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

iospace posted:

That's the newbie avatar :ughh:

really? I'm behind the times lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

Mayo on fries. Come at me bro

Mayo on anything, barf city

(except garlic mayo on banh mi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

Don't forget the constant stream of emojis in the corner.

Haven't watched any of the facebook games but surely you can turn that and the stream of comments that will inevitably include unabashed racism off right?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have thought about this, and I think it would be lovely to start issuing fines essentially because the umps on the field screwed up the call. The punishment is supposed to be the extra out, and even though what Rizzo did was wrong, it seems unfair to charge him a fine as a make-up for the missed call. Seems like that would open the door to a lot of potential fines in the future. Might get addressed in the offseason though and have people fined for all instances.

Are you arguing it would be unfair to punish Rizzo for doing something blatantly against the rules and dangerous because then other people might also be fined for the same?

• Locked thread