Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Niwrad posted:

I agree that it's unlikely but they're going to have to do something with Heyward regardless. He's the 5th or 6th best outfielder on the team and shouldn't be the reason the Cubs can't add a RFer.

I haven't looked at any of this stuff since the whole A-Rod kerfuffle but does the MLBPA have a stance on "Here's a bonus to encourage you to take your contractual opt out since if we have to pay you anyway you're our 5th outfielder now and you're going to spend more time wrangling Joe Maddon's flamingos than on the field?". His first opt-out is after this season but he'd have to be crazy to take it all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Why in the world would he do that

No reason at all aside from playing time. Hopefully that dwindles as the season goes on.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Niwrad posted:

I want Arrieta back. Yu can do his bullshit act somewhere else.

Tuesday is Adbert Alzolay’s normal day in the rotation so Chatwood, Lester, and Alzolay?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Sydin posted:

You. Cannot. Sit. Heyward's. Contract.

Come on, it's been three years now and we've beat this point to death. The Cubs aren't willing to sit that much money, end of story.

You. Can. And. Should.

It’s one thing to make the argument that his elite defense makes up for his lack of hitting, and while it may be observer error but I haven’t seen that this year either. He’s not one of the three best outfielders on the team and needs to sit. Unless he can hit with his gold glove or paycheck he is hurting the team.

• Locked thread