Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, in a few weeks, i'm going on a little midwest baseball vacation, trying to get to a bunch of cities and stadiums i've still never been to. I'm getting to a game in Cleveland, Chicago, and Minneapolis. I'm sadly going to miss out on the Tigers and Brewers, but it sounds like I don't really want to go to those stadiums anyway.

So, what things should I be doing and what places should I be eating at in and around the Progressive/Wrigley/Target fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Miz Kriss posted:

What type of food are you wanting? I could probably find you somewhere if you don’t mind being outside of Wrigleyville.

We're going to the Sunday night game, so we'll probably have to eat somewhere around or in the stadium. I'd say we're probably going to be looking at either pizza or some kind of meat place (that's the only two types of food Chicago has, right?)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Smoke daddy looks pretty good. I don't drink, though, so definitely no Malort!

Thr Airbnb we're staying at seems to be in between neighborhoods. It's a few blocks east of the west lakeview area. All I know is that it's like a 5 minute walk to the Art of Pizza on Ashland Ave, and I'll be spending some quality time there, in what I assume will be an incredibly worth it heart attack.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Art of Pizza is the best deep dish in the city in my opinion, but it's not a great place to actually eat at. They do have deep dish slices you can order, but I don't think they keep them hot enough, still really good though. My favorite pizza place to eat at is Pequod's.

Hmm, the pictures on the Yelp page made it look like it had plenty of seats. Good to know.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'll just order a 10 inch stuffed deep dish pizza, eat the whole thing at once, and then die happy.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Popete posted:

Also if you have time (the wait can be long) check out Pequods, it's incredible and definitely something that should be eaten at the restaurant.

I'm in Chicago for 3 days, so I think I'm good for probably two different places. Pequods was probably the 2nd place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Pequods has a good lunch special if you're here during the week. $5 for a 7" pan pizza and a drink.

I've also been told I need to go to Lou Malnati. so I've got decisions to make

• Locked thread