Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mustached Demon posted:

I showed this to my wife (we pulled the goalie recently) and she was not amused.

Mike_V posted:

Yeah I don't get how this makes Dex cool at all.

I generally like Dex, but as a uterus-haver, this weirded me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I mean, look, their family, their rules. It just weirded me out, I didn't say I hated him forever or anything. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

axeil posted:

I wish I followed baseball as closely as I did when I was in college but I've just got too much poo poo to do as an adult.

Wow, I feel the exact opposite way. When I was in college, I was broke and if I didn't have classes, I had homework/marching band. I wasn't able to follow baseball closely until I finally had both money AND free time, which I didn't have until several years after I graduated.

edit:

BasicFunk posted:

Just look at it!!!

:barf:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
gently caress Justin Verlander, and gently caress Ryan Braun. Unconscionable turds, the both of them.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

shirts and skins posted:

Can't wait for Charlie Morton to say something :allears:

If Charlie Morton says anything, my heart will break like Ralph Wiggum's in the scene where Lisa chews him out on the Krusty anniversary special.

Hand Row posted:

Also the dudes life wasn't ruined. Pretty sure the guys main job is a director at a hospital and this was just a side gig. I live in the same city and no one actually believed he did poo poo.

The point is, Braun tried to throw him under the bus & ruin his reputation, knowing full well that he did do something wrong. Whether or not he was successful is of no consequence.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Because he's so great that I don't want him to disagree with me about anything/agree with Justin Verlander about anything.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
edit:

Poque posted:

That's the best part of professional sports. Like I will forever boo Sean Rodriguez for getting heated in a win-or-go-home game, which is so loving petty with or without context but just fuels the soul so much

And I'll forever love him for apologizing to the cooler.

https://twitter.com/SeanJRodriguez1/status/652206887182692352

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Like, specifically on the Rays, or...?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

iospace posted:

Hot take:

Contract the entirety of the AL Central.

Send Andrew Miller back to the Yankees, plz

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Shiroc posted:

Andrew Miller has been kind of weird the last couple years. I know that 2016 was impossibly good, but it seems like his good innings still are taking on a Fernando Rodney character.

Small sample size and whatnot, but the (four) innings I've seen from him this year look normal. It's really hard to keep track of a reliever when you don't give a poo poo about their team though, admittedly.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

the popes toes posted:

Really hard to keep track is true. It's really hard, even if you're a shut-in, to follow ALL of baseball. I think most fans who really like baseball are pretty conversant with teams in their division and can find their way around the league they're in. But even then, there are whole teams, at least for me, that are terra incognita. SAS really helps me with that since every season I tell myself I'm going to watch games between teams I don't know anything about and I never do.

SAS and Twitter help me a loooooooottttt. I do occasionally play hooky on my own teams' games to try to catch the late innings of Cleveland games to see if they've called Miller in yet (which is how I caught the end of Carrasco's complete game on the 9th, lol).

rickiep00h posted:

Sometimes I forget the A's exist. Though I think sometimes Oakland forgets that the A's exist.

the popes toes posted:

A's, Brewers and Padres for me. Can't name a single one. Who are these people?

I forget that the Twins exist all the time, and the Tigers occasionally. The existence of Mike Fiers helps me remember the existence of the Tigers, tbh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

GalacticAcid posted:

Tonight was the first ballgame I’ve gone to all year, incredible weather at Citi.

Sucked to see the blown save but :shrug: it was a really pleasant night. DeGrom looked excellent when he hit his stride, Nimmo’s homer was absolutely smoked.

I was also at this game. This was the first time I ever saw deGrom pitch in person and it was absolutely magical.

Apparently our lord & savior deGrom has a 1.54 ERA and a 5-5 record. The Mets do not deserve him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
If Jacob deGrom became a Astro, I would probably become an actual serious Astros fan and not just a Morton fangirl who watches every Yanks-Astros game on YES.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

I would probably kill myself.

I wouldn't blame you.

Intruder posted:

What if the Astros sold high on Morton and he was part of the trade

Then I would stay a Mets fan but instead of my AL team being the Yankees, it would have to be the Astros. I've moved out of the Bronx so it'd be okay.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

euphronius posted:

Charlie Morton is one of the best pitchers in baseball

He's so wonderful :allears:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Russell Martin is starting in left field today .... okay

The ultimate utility player?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I'm less afraid to watch the video in which he injured himself now, but I'm still afraid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
N: Nathan Eovaldi threw six no-hit innings against the A's last night.

V: :allears: I really wonder how long this is going to last though. That dude's elbow is hanging on by a semi-literal thread.

edit:
Nice of him to pick out Guzman's wedgie like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

All I care about is if he has a 2nd and 3rd pitch now.

I saw him throw a couple of filthy curves. I'm still afraid to get too optimistic though.

• Locked thread