Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'll finally watch Infinity War and I can’t believe there are over a thousand unread posts in the movie thread, it's been one goddamn week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

I'll finally watch Infinity War and I can’t believe there are over a thousand unread posts in the movie thread, it's been one goddamn week

It's the biggest movie of the year/all time. 10 years, 18 films, this is massive man.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

It's the biggest movie of the year/all time.
It's lagging Force Awakens though, I dunno if it can take the All Time title.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just got off the phone with the Hellboy Hellwater people. They're dropping off some bottles, posters and other promotional stuff so we can do a tasting tomorrow.

Like every year, I'll be dressed as smiling Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

It's lagging Force Awakens though, I dunno if it can take the All Time title.

Counterpoint: Star Wars sucks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Counterpoint: Star Wars sucks.
Counter-counterpoint: It is, in fact, you that sucks, and your face is dumb.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first three movies were good, but Star Wars is a pretty small, shallow universe. Not a good base for a big extended franchise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Counter-counterpoint: It is, in fact, you that sucks, and your face is dumb.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT
Oh no! Defeated by my own rightness!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Oh no! Defeated by my own rightness!

YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT BRINGING NEW INFO TO THE TABLE

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Counterpoint: Any movie with fans sucks

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The first three movies were good, but Star Wars is a pretty small, shallow universe. Not a good base for a big extended franchise.

You're joking right? He's joking right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Just got off the phone with the Hellboy Hellwater people. They're dropping off some bottles, posters and other promotional stuff so we can do a tasting tomorrow.

Like every year, I'll be dressed as smiling Batman.

Quoting to break the dumb movie argument.
Ours here on the underside of the world is in a few hours.

DC put out what should have been their premiere FCBD future story sampler thing on wednesday for 25c, surely just to get it on the sales charts, since 'free' probably doesn't count.
Hopefully every shop just chucks their leftovers on the free pile on the day.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT BRINGING NEW INFO TO THE TABLE

You smell like rancid farts.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

You're joking right? He's joking right?

No, it's bad. I'll eat my words the day they make a Star Wars movie that doesn't have at least one of the following: a lightsaber, a X-Wing, a Tie Fighter

Which they never will. The original Star Wars movies were good movies, but they were just simple childrens adventure stories about good guys fighting an evil wizard. There's not enough there there to build on. So in order to make a new movie a Star Wars movie, all they can do it use object and images from the originals

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

You smell like rancid farts.

Well I had fondue last night so there's a lot of cheese in there...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/992470021011132416

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, it's bad. I'll eat my words the day they make a Star Wars movie that doesn't have at least one of the following: a lightsaber, a X-Wing, a Tie Fighter

Which they never will. The original Star Wars movies were good movies, but they were just simple childrens adventure stories about good guys fighting an evil wizard. There's not enough there there to build on. So in order to make a new movie a Star Wars movie, all they can do it use object and images from the originals

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/992381986999123968

edit: I didn't realize it was Star Wars day today till reading that hashtag.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 4, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Well, time to read 1200 posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cross posting since you guys might appreciate this

Retro Futurist posted:

Alright thanks guys. Nothing on my to do list really fits his style but I’ll keep an eye out.

Also, after like a year and a half, my sleeve’s finally done!

My Jack Kirby sleeve’s all finished

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sick!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Wow! That looks amazing. Really good job!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I am super jealous and want to remove your arm and swap it with my sweet tattoo-less arm.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Retro Futurist posted:

Now it's time to begin with Darkseid and Orion on the other arm.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Madkal posted:

I am super jealous and want to remove your arm and swap it with my sweet tattoo-less arm.

"Not for sale"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

“Plorp”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

J2 was a bad comic but it wasn't the worst MC2 book I'm looking at you WILD THING.

Spider-Girl was really something in that it was a very long follow up to the Clone Saga, something everyone was supposed to hate with a passion.

I have a theory that it would be possible to edit the Clone Saga into something that's about a third as long and actually pretty good. Within that horrible mess there's actually a bunch of decent Spider-Man comics.

Also, unrelated, but
https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/992617167295311872

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Retro Futurist posted:

:drat:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hold up hold up...I just had a thought as I was hallucinating on magma level hot sauce...are the colors of the Lantern spectrum the same color as the Infinity gems?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gatts posted:

Hold up hold up...I just had a thought as I was hallucinating on magma level hot sauce...are the colors of the Lantern spectrum the same color as the Infinity gems?

They're both the colors of the rainbow

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sometimes I miss having the Ruin the Moment thread.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Gavok posted:

Sometimes I miss having the Ruin the Moment thread.

That's fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gatts posted:

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're both the colors of the rainbow

There's 9 Lanterns, 6 gems

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

There's 9 Lanterns, 6 gems

ROYGBIV is 7 letters, what are the extra 2 colors?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

ROYGBIV is 7 letters, what are the extra 2 colors?

Black and White. Have you not read any Johns GL?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Black and White. Have you not read any Johns GL?

Why the gently caress would I do that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Any good FCBD tales/photos?

They didn't stock the Fantagraphics one at my shop :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Having started some time ago and fallen off, I decided to go back to my read-through of the New Teen Titans from the 80s. The only difference is that between now and then I saw the Teen Titans Go! episode where they decide to get serious and it makes the overwrought internal narration even funnier.

For example, there's one bit in the Outsiders crossover where they fight the Fearsome Five where Halo is saying, "And this is my room, Raven! Isn't it cool!" and Raven says something like, "Like you, it is bright and happy," while her thought bubble is, "Two qualities that my father, the evil demon TRIGON THE TERRIBLE, has always denied me!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do another Judge Dredd crossover, and have Judge Death become a Black Lantern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any good FCBD tales/photos?

They didn't stock the Fantagraphics one at my shop :(

Not really a tale or a photo, but my shop had a wicked deal on previously discounted trade paperbacks and I went a bit nuts. Picked up maybe a dozen Battleworld books and seven or eight TMNT collections that seem to be from the Mirage years. There is some interesting art in those things.

• Locked thread