Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

Armada is a lot of fun but as everyone else points out: the conclusion is typically known by turn 2 of a 6 turn game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Are you guys playing Armada with huge skill gaps between players or something? The vast majority of my games are never decided by turn 2 and its only ever a slog if both fleets are running huge squad balls.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

banned from Starbucks posted:

Are you guys playing Armada with huge skill gaps between players or something? The vast majority of my games are never decided by turn 2 and its only ever a slog if both fleets are running huge squad balls.

Its a bit of hyperbole, but the tournament rules for Armada stipulate 120 minute best of one games.
It's not a quick game, and not designed to be.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
hey folks, is yasb.app up to date with recent points-changes? it says last updated 2022, and while i assume they mean the code-base, the points i'm seeing on a quick glance through look the same as they were like a year ago.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

dingo with a joint posted:

hey folks, is yasb.app up to date with recent points-changes? it says last updated 2022, and while i assume they mean the code-base, the points i'm seeing on a quick glance through look the same as they were like a year ago.

yasb is up to date with the current points/ships. They just recently added all the Battle over Endor ships now that they're all revealed and we have points for them

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Napoleon Nelson posted:

yasb is up to date with the current points/ships. They just recently added all the Battle over Endor ships now that they're all revealed and we have points for them

oh excellent; thank you.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
How am I supposed to get the squad builder app? It isn’t on ios app store.

Edit: am I supposed to use this Launch Bay app instead?

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 19, 2024

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Launch bay’s the one most people use, yeah.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Tried out some of the Battle over Endor Rebels yesterday, they're really fun. Side bombs from the b-wings are a highlight.

Lando Calrissian (BoE) (7)
Ace In The Hole (BoE) (0)
It's A Trap! (BoE) (0)
Nien Nunb (0)
Airen Cracken (BoE) (0)
Millennium Falcon (BoE) (0)

Ship Cost: 7 Loadout: (0) Half Points: 3 Damage Threshold: 6

Tycho Celchu (BoE) (4)
It's A Trap! (BoE) (0)
Juke (0)
Proton Rockets (0)
Chaff Particles (BoE) (0)

Ship Cost: 4 Loadout: (0) Half Points: 2 Damage Threshold: 2

Gina Moonsong (BoE) (5)
It's A Trap! (BoE) (0)
Juke (0)
Proton Torpedoes (0)
Ion Bombs (0)

Ship Cost: 5 Loadout: (0) Half Points: 2 Damage Threshold: 4

Braylen Stramm (BoE) (4)
It's A Trap! (BoE) (0)
Homing Missiles (0)
Proton Bombs (0)
Delayed Fuses (0)

Ship Cost: 4 Loadout: (0) Half Points: 2 Damage Threshold: 4

Total: 20

View in YASB: https://yasb.app/?f=Rebel%20Allianc...20Squadron&obs=

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
No Nien Numb?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

........I see him on the falcon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I played the first day of worlds yesterday, went 2-3 so I didn't make the day 2 cut but it was still a fun time. 300+ people which is pretty good for these fallen days of ours. I flew the list I posted above and handled the two Empire lists I faced but couldn't do enough against Rebel/Resistance.

The only participation prize was an SL Soontir card with a "World Championshp" (sic) stamp on the back. Two kinds of dice (sparkly and swirly), alt arts, table bumpers, etc on the prize wall.

Sounds like there are plans for qualifiers this year so I expect 2025 to happen even if there doesn't end up being much/any new stuff on the development front.