Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Xenomrph posted:

That’s messed up, Tycho and Keyan are good people. :sigh:

Seems bizarre that the upgrade would just... leave out 1.0 pilots. Like what if you used to field them in 1.0? Too bad?

Edit— you’d think they’d tinker with their rules to keep them from being broken or useless, not sideline them wholesale. Oh well.

Yeah, but you got ten bazillion other cards, including a lot of new ones that weren't in first edition!

I kid you not when I say that I bought in for the three main factions on day 1, and there are still cards I haven't used. The conversion kits are ridiculous value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

So we're getting the Tie Fighter from Solo with the big gun thing for empire, Jangos Slave 1 for CIS, Jedi fighter in the hyperspace ring thing for Republic, and a Resistance pack of 2 t-70 repaints and an A-wing repaint.

also the V-wing and droid tri-fighter but those were spoiled a while ago

Yeah there's a ton of new stuff coming.

If only the US had its poo poo together enough that I could safely go play the game. I haven't played since March. It sucks.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

No Rebel or Scum for the rest of the year. The two factions I play. Good for my wallet at least.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, but you got ten bazillion other cards, including a lot of new ones that weren't in first edition!

I kid you not when I say that I bought in for the three main factions on day 1, and there are still cards I haven't used. The conversion kits are ridiculous value.

I paid $25ish shipped for my conversion kits and felt like I got away with bloody murder. I'm even jazzed to buy the large ship conversion now that I got my gozanti

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Oh poo poo Hondo Crew

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh poo poo Hondo Crew

He’s awesome

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Any faction for him. Which is 100% perfect.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Coordinate one of the ships... Uh I assume the controlling player still controls the action from the coordinate?

All the ships that can hand off jam tokens are now amazing lol.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Coordinate one of the ships... Uh I assume the controlling player still controls the action from the coordinate?

All the ships that can hand off jam tokens are now amazing lol.

I'd have to read through the rules to be sure, but I'm like 99% sure that it works like this.

Ship A coordinates Ship B. That's the end of what Ship A does.
Ship B then gets to choose what action to take, the effects of that action (like which direction to boost, etc), and so on.
And generally the player who owns the ship is the one who makes the choices for that ship.

This is probably one of those things that isn't directly spelled out, as in there is probably no line that says "The owner of ship B gets to choose" straight out. However, I bet the answer is there in the text across several other rules about ownership, actions, etc.

I'm a bit rusty from not playing SINCE loving MARCH, so I could be wrong...but I'm probably not.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm a bit rusty from not playing SINCE loving MARCH, so I could be wrong...but I'm probably not.

I still have my list from a March 1 store tournament in my bag and case, untouched since then. I was actually entertaining thoughts about selling off my X-Wing stuff and leaving the game since no one is playing due to the virus, but with some of the new ships announced, I might just hang in for a little bit longer.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The last time I played was a store tournament in March. I won it though, so I’m considering retiring on top.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

uncle blog posted:

No Rebel or Scum for the rest of the year. The two factions I play. Good for my wallet at least.

I hope the Jango Firespray will have enough scum-compatible stuff to justify buying it, because it's my favorite ship I considered buying a third of (both for triple generic pilot shenanigans and lightly damaging one of the ones I have), so nice New Cards would be enough to splurge for a cool alt-paintjob.

And if they somehow made Hondo Sep-exclusive I'd loving rebel.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lichtenstein posted:

I hope the Jango Firespray will have enough scum-compatible stuff to justify buying it, because it's my favorite ship I considered buying a third of (both for triple generic pilot shenanigans and lightly damaging one of the ones I have), so nice New Cards would be enough to splurge for a cool alt-paintjob.

And if they somehow made Hondo Sep-exclusive I'd loving rebel.

There are definitely some illicits (don't know which ones/what they do), and Hondo is a generic crew, available to any faction.

But the expansion is primarily a CIS expansion!

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Kid Boba as a Gunner is labeled as "Separatists or Scum".

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, someone revealed the resistance x-wing turret today. Range one, no range bonus, 2 die, needs target lock to shoot. But it works like snapshot. So it would be good for shenanigans.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sounds like a good card for Bastian

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ConfusedUs posted:

On that topic, if I’ve got the upgrade kits for Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, and Scum, how many duplicate upgrade cards am I ending up with? Like I get that that’s a vague question because it depends on what ships I have and what my play style is, but this is a ton of cards haha.

Speaking of, I’m planning to put the upgrade cards in their own card binder (I already did that with all the pilot cards). What’s the best way to keep this mess organized?

Also re: organization, I was thinking of getting one of those tool bit/screw/nut organizer cases to keep the ship dials, random tokens, and ship base cards organized.

Also, are the punch-out Proof Of Purchase things worth hanging onto for any reason?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Enough proton torpedo upgrade cards to block out the sun

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

On that topic, if I’ve got the upgrade kits for Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, and Scum, how many duplicate upgrade cards am I ending up with? Like I get that that’s a vague question because it depends on what ships I have and what my play style is, but this is a ton of cards haha.

Speaking of, I’m planning to put the upgrade cards in their own card binder (I already did that with all the pilot cards). What’s the best way to keep this mess organized?

Also re: organization, I was thinking of getting one of those tool bit/screw/nut organizer cases to keep the ship dials, random tokens, and ship base cards organized.

Also, are the punch-out Proof Of Purchase things worth hanging onto for any reason?

Binders work but I find it easier to just use those long cardboard card holder things. Section them off by upgrade type and pilots by faction.

For organization get a Plano 1374. Each faction can easily fit into it's own tray and up top you can store large base ships and your cards/dice/whatever.

The proof of purchase is worthless just toss em.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Use PoP chits as shield tokens so that your opponents see how much money you've put in a plastic spaceship game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

New content!. Preview of the XI shuttle

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

New content!. Preview of the XI shuttle

I'm really loving all the assorted "buff your allies, but there's a drawback" abilities here.

Gideon (pilot) looks very, very good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I really miss playing X-Wing in person :(

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

I really miss playing X-Wing in person :(

Same. I haven’t played at all since March. I could play online but it’s not the same.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Same. I haven’t played at all since March. I could play online but it’s not the same.

Yeah, same here. :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am lucky that my wife plays too, so we've done some kitchen table games, but gently caress I miss going to the store Monday nights, and getting 2-3 games in.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Online isn't that bad. I might sign up for one of these GSP online tournaments. Not having to worry about setup/tear down every round, moving poo poo around a convention hall, standing for 12 hours, worrying about bumps/arc calls/"accidental nudges"/all the other dumb poo poo people try to get away with, all while sitting in my underwear watching Netflix on another monitor is great. Not to mention if you scrub out you can just log off and go do something else without having to be stuck in some rando bumfuck town you carpooled to with your bros.

Obv it cant replace the experience of loving around with friends at league night but a bunch of us hang out on discord and shoot the poo poo while playing on TTS so it isnt a total loss. Theres even 2 boards per room so 4 of you can play and hang out in the virtual world and experience what life will be like when Elon musk jams a VR sim into your brain in 8 years.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I still haven’t really gotten into TTS. Is there a decent tutorial floating around for it?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Hexiled Gaming does a really good basic tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxZGjreyUGc. He does an advanced one too. He also streams TTS games just about every weekday on Twitch (https://twitch.tv/hexiledgaming) and uploads them to YouTube the next day.

TTS is half off on Steam at the moment. I think it's a great way to play, but I get way more fatigued playing on my computer for 3 hours than I do playing in person for 10 hours. Still, I signed up for one of GSP's Galaxy events because the entry is cheap, there are real world prizes, and I miss playing X-Wing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Open call: my wife and I both do xwing with TTS. If anyone goons want a game pm me.

Be warned, would just be a fun game cause uh we aren't good at it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

canyonero posted:

Hexiled Gaming does a really good basic tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxZGjreyUGc. He does an advanced one too. He also streams TTS games just about every weekday on Twitch (https://twitch.tv/hexiledgaming) and uploads them to YouTube the next day.

TTS is half off on Steam at the moment. I think it's a great way to play, but I get way more fatigued playing on my computer for 3 hours than I do playing in person for 10 hours. Still, I signed up for one of GSP's Galaxy events because the entry is cheap, there are real world prizes, and I miss playing X-Wing.

Thanks! I've got it already, I guess I was intending on playing X-Wing at some point? Or maybe Armada/Legion, idk at this point :v:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Open call: my wife and I both do xwing with TTS. If anyone goons want a game pm me.

Be warned, would just be a fun game cause uh we aren't good at it.

I've played all of like 20 games in the last year and a half, I was never that good and I'm not even close to that now :(

Once I figure out TTS I'd be up for a game

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.
Check out the Kyber Cup and Kyber Leagues on Discord some time. They're pretty chill and a good way to schedule a game or two a week without spamming LFGs everywhere. Scott from Hexiled runs it now; he is a good dude who used to play at our flgs.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I was thinking of going back into the game (stopped playing a while before 2.0 was announced); besides the ship models, what stuff can I still use? Can I just get rid of cards, tokens, dials, dice, etc? Space might be an issue in my current living situation.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Dice and tokens you can keep. That being said you can toss the tokens. You get more in conversion kits/expansions.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Don’t toss shield tokens until you’re sure you have enough 2.0 ones. The conversion kits are extremely stingy with shields.

E: last I checked there was still some market for 1.0 bits and bobs. If you shove it all in a box and put it up on eBay or craiglist you might be able to get a bit of cash.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dice and tokens you can keep. That being said you can toss the tokens. You get more in conversion kits/expansions.
Don't you need to keep the bomb/device tokens too?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Stickman posted:

Don’t toss shield tokens until you’re sure you have enough 2.0 ones. The conversion kits are extremely stingy with shields.

And if you really want to do the thing where you flip the shield token to show it's taken damage, there's always the red sharpie option.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Laat preview up

EDIT: Can Ghost Company and the Wolf pack be equipped to ARCs?

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 2, 2020

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Laat preview up

Wolfpack, yes. Ghost Company looks like it requires the rotate action, though, which ARCs don't have.

Also, that's a solid chassis. 10hp, reinforce, recurring charge for a howlrunner-like ability...it's solid. It's gonna be fairly pricey though; probably mid 40s for the generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

At a glance, I don't see why not.

Edit: I apparently missed the rotate rider.

Can someone remind me what a purple maneuver is?