Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Ghost company can go on an r2-d2 ywing with a turret too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Can someone remind me what a purple maneuver is?

There's not actually rules for it yet, but there are purple maneuvers on the new jedi fighter and references to it on upgrade cards.

The assumption is that you must spend a force to do the purple maneuver. Presumably there will be a penalty for not having an active force charge when you do them, although that should be rare given how few opportunities there are to spend force between regenerating one at the end of the round and performing your maneuver.

We'll find out for sure when they update the rules, which will hopefully be no later than the official release date of the product.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ghost company can go on an r2-d2 ywing with a turret too

Not sure why you'd want to, tbh. Barring other shenanigans, the only source of a focus between those two is the red linked action from a turret rotation.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It's nice to see something that can help the Republic's somewhat anemic offense. The faction sorely lacks ships with 3 attack dice and, until the LAAT, it didn't really have a way to make those 2-die attacks count.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

It's nice to see something that can help the Republic's somewhat anemic offense. The faction sorely lacks ships with 3 attack dice and, until the LAAT, it didn't really have a way to make those 2-die attacks count.

Other than sinker?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

A buddy of mine is flying a generic Y-wing with 7th fleet gunner, dorsal and a bunch of CLT jedi. 5 dice at range 1 in bullseye is pretty powerful since the CLT focus die gets around the "4 dice max" rule of 7th fleet.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
My guess for purple maneuvers:

"During the 'reveal your dial' phase, you may spend one force to change your revealed maneuver to purple. A purple maneuver does not gain or remove stress."

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I thought they already specified that purple maneuvers just cost 1 Force on the Twitch stream from the end of July? They don't clear stress. They even said how they work with Damaged Engine, though I don't recall the specifics.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Are they planning on reissuing dials for existing ships? I figure they’ll want the existing Jedi pilots and ships to be able to use them.....

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The eta-2 has purple maneuvers. I think that’s the only one we’ve seen.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Hmm I'm surprised by initiative on "Fiver". Isn't the 2.0 term pilot skill?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
You have it backwards. Pilot skill was 1.0, where initiative meant player order. Now it’s 1st Player and Initiatives 1-6 (technically 0 and 7 too).

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Laat preview up

EDIT: Can Ghost Company and the Wolf pack be equipped to ARCs?

Even if you could put Ghost Company in an ARC, wouldn’t it useless since it provides a bonus attack via a turret arc?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If I remember correctly, you spend a force to perform purple maneuvers with no penalty. Otherwise they work like red maneuvers.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Droid Gunship preview up

Man Kalani might end up being the new tac droid for droid swarms. That poo poo is insane.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Droid Gunship preview up

Man Kalani might end up being the new tac droid for droid swarms. That poo poo is insane.

I'm looking at this, and all I see are the Synched Cannons being stapled to Brobots going forward.

The ship itself looks a ton of fun, but yeah. IG88-B is back, baby.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm looking at this, and all I see are the Synched Cannons being stapled to Brobots going forward.

The ship itself looks a ton of fun, but yeah. IG88-B is back, baby.

Yeah, totally. How does this work with b-wing s-foils?

EDIT: You'd have to figure out how to get em a calculate, but I mean either Passive Sensors or K2 can help with that.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, totally. How does this work with b-wing s-foils?

Unless I'm completely missing something, I see no reason it wouldn't work like any other cannon.

But they don't have any native way to get a calculate to get the range bonus denial.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

We can just start the countdown clock until there's a way to get Sideslip on to other platforms.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Madurai posted:

We can just start the countdown clock until there's a way to get Sideslip on to other platforms.

I'm 100% OK with this! The movement game is the best part of X-Wing and anything that adds to that is a win, in my book.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Man, Sideslipping is the coolest addition to the game I've seen so far. I'm totally fine with that becoming a thing for other ships.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

sideslipping Rey

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

rey catch me sideslippin

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I want to pair sideslipping with Adaptive Ailerons.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
"granting the HMP Droid Gunship unprecedented maneuverability."

*frowns in Echo*

Countdown to Synched Cannons being the ultimate tease and then priced prohibitively.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tie Brute article up

Resounding Meh from me here. I like the target assist one, and the pilot who throws strain like candy, but the rest is take it or leave it

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Tie Brute article up

Resounding Meh from me here. I like the target assist one, and the pilot who throws strain like candy, but the rest is take it or leave it

This turns HLC into turret guns like the YT-2400 does, right?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Madurai posted:

This turns HLC into turret guns like the YT-2400 does, right?

HLC has bullseye requirement so nope, doesn't work.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That thing must be cheaper than the Reaper to see any play.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Brute might have a niche as a platform for synched laser cannons, but otherwise it's uninspiring.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah its basically a worse tie/SF

This entire wave seems :effort: as hell

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah its basically a worse tie/SF

This entire wave seems :effort: as hell

I mean, I like the LAAT and HMP seem cool. Especially with the sideslip

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Re: The TIE Brute. I like the model.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

No shields and 1 AGI. Yeah. They should have called it TIE/temporary

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

Re: The TIE Brute. I like the model.

Unironically the most important part

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hi X-Wing goons. I'm extremely late to the party but I finally got conversion kits for Rebellion and Empire and a 2e core set. However, I am still personally disinterested in any ship that didn't appear in the movies (don't @ me).

Thus I have a large number of dials and cards that are of no interest to me. Most of the conversion kits really :downs:. Would any goons be interested in making a deal? I'd be looking to lose every component from the conversion kits other than those for XABY-wings, the Falcon, Sabine's TIE, and the ARC-170 on the Rebel side. Everything other than TIE Fighter/Bomber/Interceptor, Vader's TIE, and Lambda shuttle on Imperial side.

Hey waitaminute the Empire can't use Fett any more?

Note: I do not own models to match the component kit parts listed, so I'm not offering models (unless I have more X Wings and TIE fighters than a single squad can hold right now after getting the new core, haven't checked). It's really just the dials and cards and whatever from the conversion kits. Again I know I'm really late to this and you're probably all supplied, but I'm willing to let the items go very cheap or in trade for some more dials and stuff for the ships I like.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SuperKlaus posted:

Hi X-Wing goons. I'm extremely late to the party but I finally got conversion kits for Rebellion and Empire and a 2e core set. However, I am still personally disinterested in any ship that didn't appear in the movies (don't @ me).

Thus I have a large number of dials and cards that are of no interest to me. Most of the conversion kits really :downs:. Would any goons be interested in making a deal? I'd be looking to lose every component from the conversion kits other than those for XABY-wings, the Falcon, Sabine's TIE, and the ARC-170 on the Rebel side. Everything other than TIE Fighter/Bomber/Interceptor, Vader's TIE, and Lambda shuttle on Imperial side.

Hey waitaminute the Empire can't use Fett any more?

Note: I do not own models to match the component kit parts listed, so I'm not offering models (unless I have more X Wings and TIE fighters than a single squad can hold right now after getting the new core, haven't checked). It's really just the dials and cards and whatever from the conversion kits. Again I know I'm really late to this and you're probably all supplied, but I'm willing to let the items go very cheap or in trade for some more dials and stuff for the ships I like.

When all else fails, you can often sell a ship's worth of stuff from the conversion kit for about five bucks on ebay (or market of your choice). Don't need K-Wing stuff? Ebay it.

I'd keep ALL the stuff for your movie ships though. Points change and how many of each thing you can fly may change, too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Don't sleep on the TIE Striker. They do appear in Rogue One and they're an absolute blast to play. GOTTA GO FAST

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
The TIE Striker, Reaper, and the YT-2400 all appeared in the movies pretty much as long as the TIE Bomber did (all it really did was bomb an asteroid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Don't sleep on the TIE Striker. They do appear in Rogue One and they're an absolute blast to play. GOTTA GO FAST

Agreed.

The Striker remains my favorite ship in second edition.