Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hi, I just bought this as I always wanted to try it but I guess I accidentally bought the first edition core set.

Am I hosed? I already opened it and popped the tokens out. Are these completely unusable now if I were to ever “expand”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

ro5s posted:

They're not ideal, the bases for 2nd edition have marks on the midpoints that are important and the initiative changed from 1-9 to 1-6 so a bunch of those values will be wrong. There are new maneuvers on the 2nd edition dials too, compared to the 1st edition ones. With that said, there's a lot of confusion online between starter sets - there was a 1st edition one that's outdated, the 2nd edition one that's still usable and then new faction specific ones for 2.5. The 1st and 2nd edition ones both came with 1 wing and 2 TIEs, just different card.

What are the orange numbers on the base/card for Luke? If it's 8 then you've got an old 1st edition one with outdated card, if it's 5 then it's all usable.

Lol, no Luke. Poe "I'll phone it in by the second movie" DAMERON!

My eye and curiosity got caught on the box after opening it all up when it said "See the NEW Star Wars: The Force Awakens!"

https://a.co/d/43MMWVS

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 12, 2024

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah it looks badass.

How does Armada compare? The large fleet battles really intrigues me too, but I read that X-wing is better for casual and quick play.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
How am I supposed to get the squad builder app? It isn’t on ios app store.

Edit: am I supposed to use this Launch Bay app instead?

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 19, 2024

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
No Nien Numb?