Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Nice flightpath system, nerds. Now it's ours and get ready for 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Funzo posted:

People that hate flying against 5 A-Wing lists.

Is it still Snapshot Juke Greens?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

alg posted:

chuds are starting to demand stores host events in my local x-wing group now. lol

Yikes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TaurusTorus posted:

I wanna see an earnest attempt at the sun crusher

Just take the torpedoes and equip them to a TIE Punisher.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is this just some rando's custom ship or..?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Do the ebon hawk already!
(And more stupid ties. TIE interdictors. TIE Landers! TIE Shuttles!)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Tie scimitar when?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Saalkin posted:

Anyone got a link to this stream?

https://twitch.tv/videos/899766542

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Weird that Armada can do it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
2' x 2' and go back down to 100 points.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Disengaging should be penalized, unless there's a scenario involved.
I get that for fluff reasons the ships can jump in and out but we're not playing a narrative where the pilots living to fight another day has a benefit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Stickman posted:

Play two games, swapping lists?

185pt initiative bids

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

unless you use this lovely homebrew.

Saftey in numbers would make any and all swarms the only way to go. Like gently caress face a baron swarm with that and your hosed

What is a "basic maneuver?"

Oh those power converters remind me of the old TIE Fighter/Xwing sims, maybe if it was "lose a shield, add 1 to your attack. If you have no shields, flip this" and the backside is "lower your attack and increase the speed of your manuvers, recover 1 shield. When your shields are maxed flip it"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ConfusedUs posted:

That's a real term, not something made up for this card.

Basic maneuver = straight/bank/turn
Advanced maneuver = K-turns, S-loops, T-Rolls, etc. Mostly turnaround moves.

I can't remember if a Full Stop is basic or advanced. But it's in the rulebook if you wanna look it up.

I haven't even read the rules for 2.0, I was thinking of getting back in when I sold out but then covid happened.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Now I can recreate the ending of TIE Fighter with Merek, Vader, and four randos in defenders.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is that...Is that a fixed Lt. Lorrir I spy....

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

look at this loving thing

The homebrew is ok...until you get to disabling shot. And that loving condition

For liability purposes, I would prefer the map to kill you. Also, I get no points until you do, so could you hurry this up?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Looks like there's a big global event coming up: Armada/Legion/X-wing with event-specific rules and list building

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/unconventional-warfare?fbclid=IwAR0nXJkKyNt8_awN_hukwW4SKiT57KiX2PEFVfu77VXUiQIBAz8bg9anA1g

This will be great when I get vaccinated for spacepox.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why is it called the trident class?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

It was used underwater a lot in the show, I guess?

But poseidon is an earth God

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Burning_Monk posted:

The Trident is a fishing tool.

If you're an ancient Greek

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Madurai posted:

Wait, what? I've clearly been further out of the loop than I realized.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

They are slowly revealing details about the new epic ship via their Twitter account

Who's they? Which ship?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Baron Porkface posted:

I already get anxious and antsy and headachy at organized play, I would not do it with a mask.

This happens to you with a mask?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't get why resistance y wings are stripped down. The original ones were because they were all salvage

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Outlived my prediction by 3 years, at least

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

banned from Starbucks posted:

Really sucks considering Armada was prob the most balanced and tightly designed out of xwing, armada and legion.

As a game it's the best but it's absolutely awful for organized play.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ringo Star Get posted:

Spoiler alert so is X-Wing but it’s too late to stop that train.

I think if I ever get back into it, I’m just going to do casual events - tournaments are just too much work for the payoff, and playing with some randoms that I am not familiar with isn’t fun, especially when they’re super-awkward or super-competitive.

I had a lot of fun running a HotAC campaign at my local store and just playing with the group I know, but strangers just make it weird.

X wing is NOWHERE as bad as Armada was.

I miss armada too. I had installed cool lighting in a bunch of my ships (including an Interdictor I was especially proud of, the engines were blue and the trench was red like on the card!) but I had to sell it all. :(
Playing the Armada campaign also kicked rear end.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also, the wings move!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Floppychop posted:

What's everyone's opinion on putting ships directly on the base with no pegs?

A couple guys do it locally and it drives me insane since things like arcs are really hard to read. I'm just curious if I'm being irrational or not.

I use one peg for the heavy ships and if they're tiny little guys I would use no pegs. It made them easier to identify and i thought they looked neat.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Floppychop posted:

One guy in particular puts his small stuff on 2+ pegs but large ships directly on the base. It's frustrating to play against.

I'm not sure I would be ok with the large ships on the base because one thing 2.0 did was extend the arcs corner to corner so covering up more of the base gives a bigger advantage this game.

E: OH! But one should never use any pegs for IG-88 because then IG-2000 looks like it's a bug scuttling around the board and really captures the swarm motif.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

enigmahfc posted:

Having a ship with no pegs is really stupid and might be a sign of dementia.

It's past your bedtime old man.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Snapshot + Juke gets a AAA rating from the Rebel Alliance.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Put it on wedge.

Hell snapshot and outmanuver

Snapshot + Juke + Autothrusteers + Green Squadron + Prototype Test Pilot + Chaardan Refit was 23 points, so if you had three of them you'd have enough for wedge plus 1 point.
I think I went with an ARC to round it out, I don't remember but I loved those snapshot juke a wings.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh for some reason forgot we were tlaking 1.0 and I was saying a-wing wedge with outmanuver is evil.

This is a thing in 2.0? Wild.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Some people just needed to be brought down a peg or two :shrug:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Armada just gave up on scale. X wing was the one that cared.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't mind an end to initiative bids but just giving them as points to your opponent is awful.
Also: They're not maintaining the app? Wasn't one of the biggest features of 2.0 that the app would track point costs and it's literally impossible to play without it because costs won't be printed on cards?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strobe posted:

It is literally not possible to balance a game such that every arbitrary combination of cards is on the same level playing field, which is exactly what you're demanding, because "your favorites" is arbitrary and subjective and in order to not be a beautiful case of "rules for me, not for thee" then it must be true for every combination of ships in the game.

Which is so horrifically impractical and obviously so that my contempt for the concept is leaking into this discussion. There will always be a combination of units and cards that is better than a completely arbitrary combination of units and cards. It is impossible not to be so. It is, and always will be, possible to build a list incorrectly.

Your arbitrary combination of favorite ships doesn't points tetris well. Boo loving hoo.

My cards should stick because the text printed on them sucks, not because it had poor modulo division with the format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Even changing the DPI because you're saving ink on your printer can alter the arcs.
I think the only real solution, until it's erata'd is to allow players to use a different tile, with the understanding that only the bullseye arc counts.
I also hate X wing Organized play (even though I went to worlds in 2016). My last OP game of X wing was when I, using a laser, pointed to a break in the beam as evidence the ship was in arc. Then the judge came over held it down with their thumbs, moving the ship slightly, so they could measure with the cardboard. and then it was out of arc. I've only been so tilted at any OP of any game one other time.