Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Let’s talk about penguins vs capitals game 3 and then later and or concurrently predators jets game 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Excited for pens/caps (neutral observer caveat)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Geno's in, oh boy!

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
What about Jim Jefferson

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
That dude isn't the worst folk singer I've heard at a frattastic Irish bar, but he ain't the best either.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

That dude isn't the worst folk singer I've heard at a frattastic Irish bar, but he ain't the best either.
Worst anthem this postseason has to be the dude who sang in Colorado during the Nashville series. Game 4 or 6?

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.
Go Pittsburgh Teams! Boo Washington Teams!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

The honk honk honk must really make the Caps feel at home.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Abner Assington posted:

Worst anthem this postseason has to be the dude who sang in Colorado during the Nashville series. Game 4 or 6?

I see you missed the lady from game 6 vs Philly

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Abner Assington posted:

As a Nashville fan, the actual answer is whoever is singing it at Nashville.

Go neither Pens nor Caps, go Preds.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

I see you missed the lady from game 6 vs Philly
That bad, huh?

Also please don't chant "Holtby" before anyone has fuckin' scored, it's so pathetic.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
The play-by-play guy on this pens radio stream sounds like someone locked a tiny man in a drainpipe

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Ah the premature goalie taunt, it's been like 3 whole games without you.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Chad Sexington posted:

Ah the premature goalie taunt, it's been like 3 whole games without you.
Well it's pretty pointless to try and get into a goalies head after you've already put 3 past him.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Every team does the goalie chant early

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Poor Orpik and his dainty little legs. Can't even handle getting brushed with a stick

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

For once orpik being bad at hockey helps the caps

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Just :lol::lol: forever if you think either of those meh trips would be called in the third, Pierre.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Every team does the goalie chant early

The Caps scored so quick both of the last two games that it wasn't early. :colbert:

edit: Caps came out for that PP like they didn't give af

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 2, 2018

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
God drat there’s some diving rear end teams playing here

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
This loving ref.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What in the gently caress just happened on...any of those plays. So many unforced turnovers by both teams, and everyone is falling everywhere

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It'd be nice to know wtf the standard is this series. They didn't call jack poo poo last game but this game they're calling ticky tacky poo poo.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Ravenfood posted:

What in the gently caress just happened on...any of those plays. So many unforced turnovers by both teams, and everyone is falling everywhere
First period is hot potato rules when in PPG arena.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

God drat there’s some diving rear end teams playing here

Sheary's just like 5' 5" and weighs nothing. Oshie tossed him but it looked like a legitimate play to me. I don't think that's like ever a penalty except in inconsistent playoff ref mode.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Francois St. Laurent is an awful ref.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Geno looks like he can barely move out there. His puck poise is still welcome though.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

lol not showing the penalty

As a side note, it's amusing the difference in commercials I get watching NBCSN when the Caps are on vs. when it's other NHL games. Caps it's like family SUVs and children's toys. Non-Caps NHL it's XL shirt emporiums and golf lessons.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Dang, Holtby :stare:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

lol not showing the penalty

As a side note, it's amusing the difference in commercials I get watching NBCSN when the Caps are on vs. when it's other NHL games. Caps it's like family SUVs and children's toys. Non-Caps NHL it's XL shirt emporiums and golf lessons.

Well Caps fans don't need golf lessons since they get a lot of free time to hit the course early every year :v:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsjEP7L-k

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

These are some weak calls so far.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Geno looks like he can barely move out there. His puck poise is still welcome though.

Geno on one leg is still an immeasurably better hockey player than Carter Rowney and I hope he isn't breaking himself being out there

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Props to the Pens fans for chanting Holtby's name amidst the great saves he's making

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

haha holy poo poo I thought Hornqvist had that

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Let’s go Preds

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Stacy Natress getting lazy

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
That triggered some bad Fleury flashbacks for a sec

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Sure would be cool if the Capitals could try to score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

Sure would be cool if the Capitals could try to score.

They don't match up nearly as well when they can't spring the Kuzy line. Going to need the Backstrom-Oshie line to do something, unfortunately.

e: Or a PP I guess, but doesn't seem like they're likely to get a clear one.

• Locked thread