Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
did Jeff beOS die yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
he has 80 years of life left in him wherein he will continue to be a success! :peanut:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Why isn’t there a tech company that’s honest about recruiting? “We want to do something evil, it will harm society but make us a lot of money. Want to join us? Again, LOTS of money, great opportunity to make a large negative impact on the world”

I bet they’d have tons of takers, after all not everyone who applies to Goldman Sachs can get in

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Maybe we should make engineers take obligatory classes about ethics, importance of preserving nature and how to be more humane.

Even if in my experience these classes would be laughed off as useless and people would just do whatever to get their grades :smith:

(Well, we should all be taught that since school but yeah... )

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
if you're an actual engineer you do need to take classes on that sort of thing. an engineering degree program needs to include a section on ethical conduct and professional accountability, otherwise it's not going to be accredited by any self-respecting engineering association.

if you're a computer toucher that's just calling yourself an "engineer" to try and leech some of that respect, not so much. computer touchers don't even have professional liability lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jabor posted:

if you're an actual engineer you do need to take classes on that sort of thing. an engineering degree program needs to include a section on ethical conduct and professional accountability, otherwise it's not going to be accredited by any self-respecting engineering association.

if you're a computer toucher that's just calling yourself an "engineer" to try and leech some of that respect, not so much. computer touchers don't even have professional liability lmao

Ok but engineers make all kinds of hosed up poo poo so I dunno if it's working.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Oh no geoff benzos what will you do

https://twitter.com/Penguin_Coders/status/1037787615259492358

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

quote:

Amazon provided a virtually identical statement, adding that they encourage anyone concerned about employee treatment to take a tour of one of their fulfillment centers.

I can't help but interpret this as "if you think YOUR working conditions are bad..."

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jeff bezos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

haha

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Jeff "President" Beep

:ninja::hf::tinfoil:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
juche bishies

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
jelq beejays

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Quattro Bajeena

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Jeff "President" Beep

:ninja::hf::tinfoil:

if i had bezos’ bucks id buy these forums and make everyone an admin.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
jeath beecock

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
jeph beeshorse

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
jeep broncos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

• Locked thread