Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i hope vacation tavis means more good tweets from him

i hope it means nothing for a month and then some bomb rear end tweets shortly afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

you do not gently caress with the rozkomador
you must obey the rozkomador

giving out the orders for fun

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:bisonyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I will always read DTMF as "Dial Tone Mother Fucker"

that was my nickname in high school.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

anthonypants posted:

no but you did come in here to lay the blame squarely at the feet of the regulations, of which the rest of the world has known about for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh two years?

i mean, nobody thought they'd actually do it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raere posted:

OTA connections to cars are going to be comedy gold for years to come I think

they'll be hilarious right up to the point at which a school bus gets owned and driven over a bunch of kids at a bus stop. then they'll knock that poo poo off forever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lol ticketfly:

quote:

Following a series of recent issues with Ticketfly properties, we've determined that Ticketfly has been the target of a cyber incident. Out of an abundance of caution, we have taken all Ticketfly systems temporarily offline as we continue to look into the issue. We are working to bring our systems back online as soon as possible. Please check back later.

For information on specific events please check the social media accounts of the presenting venues/promoters to learn more about availability/status of upcoming shows. In many cases, shows are still happening and tickets may be available at the door.

Thank you.

not sure what happened there, exactly.

edit: they have a somewhat uninformative faq up

Midjack fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 1, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Meat Beat Agent posted:

when you CBA to type your entire domain name

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this guy owns and i am prob going to watch these videos before bed for the next week

he puts out some fun stuff and has good skills but is kind of a dumbass in a number of ways.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

oh man it could have been just plain online voting and it would have put a smile on my face, but blockchain too? now all they have to do is sneak in internet of things in there and it'll be perfect

alexa, vote straight ticket libertarian.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

get an easier progressive lock. but not a transparent one. you can get a pin lock with two tumblers if you're willing to pay

you can make your own progressive set if you can carefully disassemble an off the shelf cylinder.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

side channels are a motherfucker.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I just think the tweets are more strident than are deserved by the evidence. if a military contractor is going to get anything right, I think it’s going to be something with well-specified policy like password storage

i see you haven't worked with us gov procurement.

you are a better person for that, keep it that way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

this just put the biggest smile on my face and it doesn't seem to be going away help

if this condition lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor.

i'll be right there with you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I love how this forum still talks about goatse.

then again it reminds me how immune I am to it

i drink my coffee every day from one of those sculpted mugs the guy was selling here years ago. I get asked about it at the office sometimes, which is always great.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Time for a librevpn?

luchalibrevpn

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lain Iwakura posted:

so i made a fun thread on industrial control

https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/1014566915816034304

the general public make a mess of things more often than any infosec-related incident would

this was a good read, and also thanks for putting some consideration into formatting to make it one of the least annoying blog posts inadvertently deposited on twitter that I've encountered in a while.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

they asked for dick pics to authenticate your identity and you sent them, didn't you.

don't lie.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah it was npm releated iirc, but its p hard to find now

e: ahah it was chown'ing /usr https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/19883

chowned

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

This is a pro listen. Very well produced podcast akin to Radio Lab npr style.

https://darknetdiaries.com/

radiolab loving sucks but darknet diaries is better than radiolab.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

anthonypants posted:

https://twitter.com/UpGuard/status/1020350325394366464

instead of an open database, this one's world-readable rsync. lmao

:yeshaha:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

good let's get the thread locked for derails again. sure do love watching this chicken get hosed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also until 2017 my city's online water bill payment didn't have SSL support. i had to sneakernet my payments to city hall every 3 months because there was no way i was dumping financial information into an http POST form.

living in a small town is cool.

whatever john mellencamp

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

If I buy an NFC writer can I use an amiibo to swipe into my office building?

only if your building uses the same ntag215 the amiibo does. most building ac readers are going to be lf tags or mifare if they're hf, so you're probably out of luck.

Trabisnikof posted:

im pretty sure the ntag215 in the amiibos are factory locked sry

i didn't think that was true since smash bros sticks some data on there. but if so you'd have to enroll the amiibo in a compatible system and then never write to it again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looks like microtik routerpos got owned in april

your mikrotik router is a pos, ymripos doesn't have the same ring

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Nah, gently caress ‘em: they passed on Mr Nice!, it’s time to monitize and weaponize that poo poo.

mr not so nice anymore

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Nothing will ever be as annoying as a phone app generating a notice to alert you that you haven't used it recently.

that's usually a good reminder to remove it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

straight into my veins

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

nah, the evangelicals are OK with the mark of the beast now that the beast told them that you have to show ID to buy groceries

mark of the beast? more like mark of the best!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hackers can turn your ship into a bomb!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

anthonypants posted:

reply all and ask to be removed from the list

do this but abuse the reply to field and remove yourself from the addressees.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

who’s at def con?

i'm floating around like the piece of poo poo i am.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MrMoo posted:

From DefCon, really stupid vendors, i.e. business as usual:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45083774

Looks like "What the Fax?" speech:

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-26/dc-26-speakers.html

yes, it was that one. that was easily one of the better talks this year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

it''s been policy worldwide for the years for most of the big chains to see your room every 2 days, whether it's housekeeping or a special visit if the dnd sign is out. that special visit is usually in the early afternoon and answering the door to confirm that you aren't dead in bed is often good enough. of course, in the usa this is handled in the most hamfisted way possible and las vegas in particular has always been known for its understated class and tact so of course you get two bouncers forcing their way into your room at 8am.

to ensure maximum guest safety, demolish all the hotels.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's incidental that manafort owed tens of millions of dollars to russian oligarchs, then went to work for a campaign that seems to have benefited from russian meddling?

thanks for picking up the derail from last week, really keep loving this chicken guys.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Volmarias posted:

I'm curious about this, does MITMing a fax machine involve physically attaching a trace to a wire in a junction box, or did you mean from within the phone company trunk layer, or something else?

you can do both. whatever works for voice telephone interception will snag faxes just fine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

a journo on twitter said that one of the spies worked at a national laboratory of some kind. the employees there were instructed to turn on the closed circuit tv one day. when they did, it was a live feed of the spy and his pregnant wife being executed :gonk:

this is better than what the us gov does; when someone does something bad they get off scot free and the rest of us have to put up with a bunch of lovely rules. i'd much rather watch fuckups and traitors die.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

im cyberRICO

cyberRICO's cyberROUGHNECKS

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

epirb beacons don't have much more transmitting power than cell phones (i think the new small personal ones actually have less) and they're fairly easily receivable from space, although of course they're also transmitting on a single frequency.

anyway to the op paranoid about glonass capability in their smart watch - check the spec sheet of your phone, it'll almost certainly have it too, because most oem gps socs have it built in (as well as gallileo and the chinese one i can't remember the name of)

beidou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

D. Ebdrup posted:

Counterpoint: All secure options will eventually be insecure.

https://youtu.be/FUPstXCqyus

• Locked thread