Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Yesterday was National Puppy Day.

She’s not a puppy anymore but she sure is still cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

jesus WEP posted:

She’s not a puppy anymore but she sure is still cute

Silly goose - they're forever puppies.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hello, if you want a good game that makes you hate your brain, play Baba is You. Really good puzzle game

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

baba is you

hell yea

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Thor ragnarok was dope. Other good movies: robocop, the thing, they live. Thats it

Also Big Lebowski

My special boy for puppy day

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 24, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

hello, if you want a good game that makes you hate your brain, play Baba is You. Really good puzzle game

I heard the giantbomb folks talking about it on their beastcast podcast and it sounded like one of the few fresh new ideas gaming has had in a while

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Avengers Endgame is 3 hours, 2 minutes. All those episodes of Raw prepared us for this.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I heard the giantbomb folks talking about it on their beastcast podcast and it sounded like one of the few fresh new ideas gaming has had in a while

The first time i got the "Not" prompt and made the sentence "Not Baba Is You" i had to laugh. I've looked up a few answers and was so amazed by stuff you can do in the game with just moving a few words around blows my mind a bit lol

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

This national puppy day has been a little bittersweet. We lost our Yorkshire Terrier to kidney failure about a week and a half ago. :smith: However, just yesterday my parents drove 3 hours cross-state, and I came home from work to find this little marshmallow:

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 24, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

The first time i got the "Not" prompt and made the sentence "Not Baba Is You" i had to laugh. I've looked up a few answers and was so amazed by stuff you can do in the game with just moving a few words around blows my mind a bit lol

Yeah hearing them talk about it definitely made me want to play it. It's such a cool idea and one of those concepts where you wonder how it hasn't really come along in this form until now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

Avengers Endgame is 3 hours, 2 minutes. All those episodes of Raw prepared us for this.
”Captain Marvel, Thanos has just wiped out half of all life in the entire universe. What are you thoughts at this time?”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can't wait for it to open with a 20 min promo from Thanos recapping what happened in the last film.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It's Tony time!

In puppy-related news, Bork Lesnar just turned a year old!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
3 hours, Jesus Christ. They're really gonna make this movie even more turgid than Infinity War

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i liked infinity war :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i liked infinity war :smith:

:same:

I usually hate long films but I just saw Us (2 hours almost exactly, and it was prefaced with half an hour of previews because that's just film these days I guess?) for the third time this weekend. If something's really good I don't notice how much time passes, and my hope is this is that way

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's Tony time!

In puppy-related news, Bork Lesnar just turned a year old!
thats a pro dog name (and a pro dog)

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Chris James 2 posted:

:same:

I usually hate long films but I just saw Us (2 hours almost exactly, and it was prefaced with half an hour of previews because that's just film these days I guess?) for the third time this weekend. If something's really good I don't notice how much time passes, and my hope is this is that way

20-30 minutes of previews is the norm now and it sucks rear end. It should he 3 previews before the movie, max 10 minutes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They've gotta pack such a ridiculous amount of poo poo into Endgame, frankly I'd probably feel shortchanged at less than 3 hours.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I saw Captain Marvel at the Smithsonian an there was like one ad about how the Smithsonian is cool and good (it is) and then one trailer. It owned.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I spent the money on tower unite so I could show up at bardrew corbintyre's place and celebrate his birthday, but for real this time. but I ended up playing civ vi for the first time instead, boy that was a lot of fun. be kind, Gandhi babu

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got Baba is You and played for a bit and it seems really fun. Looking forward to ignoring Raw while playing it tonight!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm deliberately keeping myself from playing Sekiro every day because I seriously load it up and somehow 4 hours have passed without me noticing :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey.

Hey.

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.

It's Opening Day.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i finally bought vampyr but when i started to play it still needed the rest to download and it was too late and i needed to sleep.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

VJeff posted:

Hey.

Hey.

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.

It's Opening Day.

:yeah: only a couple of hours until my team starts losing a lot of games! Bring on the Baseball!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Woo my aunt bought tickets to see Beetlejuice next thursday, and then I took next friday off for mania weekend shenanigans so next weekend will be good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

my film of the year

easily in the conversation for film of the decade too
I thought it was OK but I'm positive I did it to myself. I got all pumped about Get Out + minority representation, and ended up with a simple horror movie. I think my only objective criticism is there weren't many scares.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thanks to the DC Universe thing, I got to read a bunch of pre-new52 arcs I missed out on.

Identity Crisis- dud.
Inifnity Crisis- fun. Really enjoyed the panel for panel callbacks to the old Crisis on Infinite Earths
52- loved it. Its a great jumping on point for a bunch of great books and sets up the 52 earths bit they run with until the new52 relaunch.
*A bunch of cool comics happened in here that I need to read*
Final Crisis- only one issue, dammit DCU, why??

I still need to watch the Doom Patrol joint, probably do that this weekend. Bummed there's no PS4 app(unless its cleverly hidden)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

Final Crisis- only one issue, dammit DCU, why??

Probably because they're trying to forget/hide that Final Crisis actually gave DC an out to actually have fun, enjoyable comics again where they could respect continuity but not be bound to it, with an optimistic and ultimately hopeful message of the triumph of good over evil. So they immediately abandoned that to rip off some more arms, do sex scenes and have their characters say "poo poo" and sometimes "gently caress" because they're embarrassed they're a comicbook company and have no idea what "mature" actually means :argh:

Sorry, you hit a sore spot there.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Probably because they're trying to forget/hide that Final Crisis actually gave DC an out to actually have fun, enjoyable comics again where they could respect continuity but not be bound to it, with an optimistic and ultimately hopeful message of the triumph of good over evil. So they immediately abandoned that to rip off some more arms, do sex scenes and have their characters say "poo poo" and sometimes "gently caress" because they're embarrassed they're a comicbook company and have no idea what "mature" actually means :argh:

Sorry, you hit a sore spot there.

The hate for Infinite Crisis sustains me. God it loving sucked so hard.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it's only one week until forum poster That DICK!'s birthday

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jiro posted:

The hate for Infinite Crisis sustains me. God it loving sucked so hard.

Having sat through multiple Marvel Events where precisely nothing happens, I don’t get the hate. The only thing I’ll ding it on is how rushed the finale super villain zerg rush was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My main problem with InfC are that there's about a half dozen plotlines that all end in it and little time is given to any of them to really breathe, and I don't think Geoff Johns is really talented enough to make that work. Never mind that there were plots that were clearly changed at the last second (Conner was supposed to die, and that was telegraphed through the series, but they changed it at the last second). Secondarily, it was blatantly rushed to the point that it was initially printed with unfinished art. Oh, and they changed it in reprints to account for future events, which I get, but eh. It's not terrible, but it's not great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pretty sure Connor died and stayed dead. They even had a religion devoted to him and everything.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I went on a lunch date today and we ended up discussing the best performances in film. Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting, Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream (:(), and Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda were brought up. Who y'all like?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I was a lifelong comics reader and I pretty much just gave up over Identity/Infinite Crisis. I tried to start the New 52 but I was so tired and jaded by then I could not hack it.

I have long felt that when DC launched a subscription service worth a drat I would start a long, terrible journey of "okay, if I start from the beginning of the new 52 how far do I have to go to get to where we are now and see what the hell happened" but I have no idea how that would even work anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven’t gotten deep into the pre-rebirth New52 stuff but the Justice League is a good starting point. It introduces the major players and if you’re familiar with 80s DC characters it’s not too foreign.

The service is worth the 8 bucks imo. Way more stable than Marvel’s plus the streaming content has some gems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

I haven’t gotten deep into the pre-rebirth New52 stuff but the Justice League is a good starting point. It introduces the major players and if you’re familiar with 80s DC characters it’s not too foreign.

The service is worth the 8 bucks imo. Way more stable than Marvel’s plus the streaming content has some gems.

Sign up by April 4 and you can get a month for 80 cents https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/status/1111689484372971520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
There's a reason these days that when it comes to DC and Marvel that I mostly stick to the old stuff with them