Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Cinema Discusso, another subform here.
Oh,

Davros1 posted:

In the Cinema Discusso forum, all Marvel movies are bad, and Zack Snyder is the only person who should be allowed to make movies.

Seriously. Go there and say anything negative about a Snyder film, no matter how accurate, and watch them gang up on you.
that doesn't sound fun. I'll stick to here, Football Funhouse, and occasionally the Switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

more like hack snyder

folks, *bowtie spins*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

this is the only subforum you should be posting in, show some loyalty

I learned much in my exile. And I am more powerful for it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the formula 1 thread is very good imo

Drew McIntyre posted:

this is the only subforum you should be posting in, show some loyalty

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
FYAD and BYOB and Laissez Faire were the only good sub forums.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

QCS was good for awhile before you weren't allowed to just use it to say anything or gibberish. that's what should go on in a forum.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i keep thinking about making a thread in QCS about a mod i'm having problems with, but it's too intimidating and i'm worried they'll be mean to me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hiiyah! i'm doing karate choppys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I didn't realize CD was the TNAMecca if super hero movies.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I didn't realize CD was the TNAMecca if super hero movies.
I decided to check the first two pages of the Endgame thread and boy they really hate it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
CD is what if Zizek had a baby with Armond White and loved DC movies because Zack Snyder is this cool jock who makes movies look like Excalibur and baroque paintings unlike those useless "TV Directors" at Marvel.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is there a reason people care about those movies more than just being popcorn movies to enjoy?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Convenient visual metaphor for social decay OP

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
movies are a replacement for culture

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Forum reference idea: we should say “I don’t think so tim” to each other when we disagree with each other.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

figure it out

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The show? With summer sanders?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Summer Sanders has died.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

is there a reason people care about those movies more than just being popcorn movies to enjoy?

They drat sure shouldn't. They're fun escapes from reality, lighten up people.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Damian Lillard. Wow. You should all watch his shot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Damian Lillard. Wow. You should all watch his shot.
HOLY poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wow. look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EajPPXHzIpo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I could kick all your asses at b ball

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

yea ok posted:

I like when the guy punches the other guy, but then sometimes that other guy catches the first guys fist and says 'no more' and then there's more punching.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my knights gave up a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go and ultimately gave up a series they were up 3-1 at one point. its a bad year to be a vgk and saints fan :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i didn’t really know much about zacch snyder but i looked up his filmography and that’s a whole bunch of lovely movies

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

CD has some severe irony poisoning caused by everyone trying to copy a few very successful gimmick posters. Imagine a decade of everyone here trying to ape cavauro and Drew McIntirye the Poster's posting styles.

When it was stuff like "get assigned a random film and random subtext and try to connect them" it was a barrel of laughs. When it became "no, let's seriously claim that Michael Bay's Transformers movies are misunderstood genius and write a manifesto about it" though? Nah, I'm good.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
Basically just think of CD as being full of the people who routinely go on Twitter and wrestling news site comments sections to defend WWE against even the tiniest of perceived slights, and who claim that Vince's every booking decision is really just some genius-level stuff that the rest of us plebes are just too dense to understand, man. :smug:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my knights gave up a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go and ultimately gave up a series they were up 3-1 at one point. its a bad year to be a vgk and saints fan :(

Your team has literally existed for 2 years, made the playoffs both times and the Stanley Cup finals once. I don’t think you really know what a bad year for a hockey fan is.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

:smith:

Leafs and VGK get knocked out on the same day. I has a sad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Basically just think of CD as being full of the people who routinely go on Twitter and wrestling news site comments sections to defend WWE against even the tiniest of perceived slights, and who claim that Vince's every booking decision is really just some genius-level stuff that the rest of us plebes are just too dense to understand, man. :smug:

I've seen the defense of Snyder films go as far "that was intentional by the director, so it can't be criticized." :psyduck:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

All superhero movies except the spirit, hellboy 1&2, deadpool 2, and x-men 2 are bad and should be ignored.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's another favorite: "The movie had a false narrator, so no aspect of the film can be criticized."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Are you truly just affecting “posting styles”? I was under the impression we were speaking from the heart, trying to make each other laugh without giving a care about this capital letter or that capital letter. Disappointing. I leave this now place now, I do not know if I will return

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Davros1 posted:

That's another favorite: "The movie had a false narrator, so no aspect of the film can be criticized."
tired: death of the author
wired: death of the reader

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'd just like to say that i think every poster here has their own unique voice, which all come together to form a beautiful tapestry full of different textures and fragrances. we are like a bag of artisanal bespoke granola, where every piece in the bag is unique. there is only one pretzel stick, one vanilla chip, one strange nut covered in chocolate that isn't sweet, and so on. and even though we may form individual "handfuls," the bag is meant to be eaten in one sitting and to be considered one whole experience. and the way each person experiences eating that bag of granola will be unique depending on the handfuls they take. the bag is a commentary on the nature of chaos, which i think is a good summary of what we do together here in this subforum.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TTBF posted:

CD has some severe irony poisoning caused by everyone trying to copy a few very successful gimmick posters. Imagine a decade of everyone here trying to ape cavauro and Drew McIntirye the Poster's posting styles.

When it was stuff like "get assigned a random film and random subtext and try to connect them" it was a barrel of laughs. When it became "no, let's seriously claim that Michael Bay's Transformers movies are misunderstood genius and write a manifesto about it" though? Nah, I'm good.

So Super Mecha Godzilla won in the end? Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I only go into CD to check the trailer thread but I can tell from even that that no one is ever happy there. Basically anything I like is hated. I can't see Avengers until Tuesday so I'm trying to stay clean of stuff. Honestly at this point people hating on the Marvel movies makes me think bad faith right away because I have yet to see one I didn't like.