Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fart blood posted:

Hey remember when Grant Morrison and Jim Lee rebooted WildCATs and it lasted literally one issue because Jim Lee got distracted?

I missed all the weird stuff DC did with the Wildstorm characters. I was hoping hte New52 would be a good jumping on point since Helspont got decked by a newbie Superman. Nope.

I guess I got spoiled by Marvel's world building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart blood posted:

Hey remember when Grant Morrison and Jim Lee rebooted WildCATs and it lasted literally one issue because Jim Lee got distracted?

Honestly, I don't blame an executive for not having time to draw things. I do blame him for thinking he did.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

holy poo poo, this is dumber than hanging with the Insiderz on twitch

https://twitter.com/AwesomeCon/status/1116778502668345349

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

coconono posted:

holy poo poo, this is dumber than hanging with the Insiderz on twitch

https://twitter.com/AwesomeCon/status/1116778502668345349

The CIA might have acquired their abilities from a pact with eldritch entities, to suck dry all the resources from all the countries they could get their hands on...

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, I don't blame an executive for not having time to draw things. I do blame him for thinking he did.

Jim Lee didn't have time to draw anything, ever, after he left Marvel.

WildCATs #2 (the original run in 1992) was several months late.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

starting to understand the loathing for DC's New52 reboot.

Just some select titles I'm glad I didn't buy off the rack:

Grifter, starts out promising then immediately nosedives into a really lovely Rob Liefeld generic comic book action nonsense.

Green Lantern, while not bad, completely ignores the continuity reboot(which is weird because I thought Geoff Johns was the major New52 creative).

John Constantine, strips all the charm of the dark horse character leaving a chain smoking drunk with lame magic powers. A shame because the TV show was really good.

Batman Year Zero feels like its missing a bunch of content. I wasn't really digging the New52 Batman to begin with because its less Worlds Greatest Detective and more bat-flavored Tony Stark.

There's a reason I decided around the time Rebirth happened that it was best to pretend that outside of a couple exceptions that DC hadn't published anything between the end of Flashpoint and then, it actually ends up being less confusing that way

Although eventually DC soiled even that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drrockso20 posted:

There's a reason I decided around the time Rebirth happened that it was best to pretend that outside of a couple exceptions that DC hadn't published anything between the end of Flashpoint and then, it actually ends up being less confusing that way

I was super excited for Rebirth but I lost interest because the continuity stunk. You can't have every super hero fighting their own planet killing supervillian each week, it cheapens the stakes.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think it would be cool if there was a billiards table with a Dragonball Z theme. when you sink all seven Billiard Balls, a smoke machine in the table blows out a bunch of smoke and a billiards dragon wrapped around a pool cue pops out of the center of the playing field and grants you a wish. the "wish" is actually a ticket that comes out of the dragon's mouth, which you can bring to the bar counter to redeem for a free drink of your choice. in attract mode it would play a modified version of the theme song that went "billiard, billiard, rock the billiard, billiard ball z. billiard, billiard, rock the billiard, come scratch me."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drrockso20 posted:

In the real universe that we split off from in 2008 (we both got Obama presidencies, but things diverged wildly from there), DC going forward after Final Crisis fully embraced the setup Morrison left them with of a universe full of inspiring stories forming superheroes who encompassed the best parts of human nature: no fears about making sense of "real-time ages" or attempts to be "mature" (swears and arm-rippings), just a bunch of cool stories about good guys beating bad guys and saving the day.

:sigh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

i think it would be cool if there was a billiards table with a Dragonball Z theme. when you sink all seven Billiard Balls, a smoke machine in the table blows out a bunch of smoke and a billiards dragon wrapped around a pool cue pops out of the center of the playing field and grants you a wish. the "wish" is actually a ticket that comes out of the dragon's mouth, which you can bring to the bar counter to redeem for a free drink of your choice. in attract mode it would play a modified version of the theme song that went "billiard, billiard, rock the billiard, billiard ball z. billiard, billiard, rock the billiard, come scratch me."

that would be cool

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals made a good pick tonight, I love draft weekend (2015 not included)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
gently caress Joe Rogan.

He didn't do anything recently, I just feel like saying gently caress him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drew McIntyre posted:

No bar is giving away that many free drinks. Hell the average amount of drink tickets you get for playing the place is 2 whether you bring in 2 people or 200 people

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also yeah, gently caress Joe Rogan

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

No one should ever gently caress Joe Rogan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even Mrs Rogan regrets it deeply.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to gently caress Joe Rogan on DMT?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dimebags Brain posted:

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to gently caress Joe Rogan on DMT?

miserable and tedious.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No bar is giving away that many free drinks. Hell the average amount of drink tickets you get for playing the place is 2 whether you bring in 2 people or 200 people

the price of the drink is incorporated into the cost of playing at the table, come on dude get off my back

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you sink the 8-ball at the wrong time, Launch should shoot you in the peehole.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart blood posted:

gently caress Joe Rogan.

He didn't do anything recently, I just feel like saying gently caress him.
hes a piece of poo poo OP

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drew McIntyre posted:

the price of the drink is incorporated into the cost of playing at the table, come on dude get off my back

what bar are you going to and can I get an address?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

what bar are you going to and can I get an address?

i don't go to bars i have severe social anxiety

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like quiet bars. but twice in the last 2 years ive gotten panic attacks at very loud, very hot, very light-filled bars to the point where i lost consciousness and hit my head. The first time was alright because I got a cool video game character scar above my eye. the second time though i just got a concussion which kind of stank. so i'm not going to go into very loud, very hot, very light-filled bars anymore.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the last time i went to a bar was on a first date and she picked the place because they were having a trivia night. well, there was no chemistry, and she made fun of my bracelet, and she didn't want to share food or sit next to me, but worst of all, she didn't get a single answer right in the trivia game. why did she pick that if she's bad at trivia? we left and i told her i wasn't feeling it and hopped in a cab and never looked back. i would have been ok with her insulting my bracelet if she was smart, and i would have been ok with her being dumb if she was nice, but she was dumb and not nice. and that's why i don't go to bars.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i dont want to share food. i'm worried about my failing immune system

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Drew McIntyre posted:

the last time i went to a bar was on a first date and she picked the place because they were having a trivia night. well, there was no chemistry, and she made fun of my bracelet, and she didn't want to share food or sit next to me, but worst of all, she didn't get a single answer right in the trivia game. why did she pick that if she's bad at trivia? we left and i told her i wasn't feeling it and hopped in a cab and never looked back. i would have been ok with her insulting my bracelet if she was smart, and i would have been ok with her being dumb if she was nice, but she was dumb and not nice. and that's why i don't go to bars.

Come to bar trivia with me and my friends we are dumb but nice. I will also not make fun of your choice in jewelry.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone please send rowdy ringsports posters a matching bracelet. everyone who is here with some regularity. i figure you only need to purchase about 60 at the absolute most. you can start looking today

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Endgame was good fun.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Endgame was good fun.

Really positive example of long term booking

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Endgame was good fun.

I was going to (basically) donate my time on Tuesday night and Wednesday (staying overnight) in order to attend a legislative day to advocate for paying direct support staff more money because those people literally save lives (and kinda sorta do mine, albeit not medically) but I'm getting word it may be postponed because that's also the day of a teachers rally (also go teachers, BTW).

I say all that to say I'm pretty sure that frees me up to see Endgame on Tuesday and I'd be so hype for that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The new Mountain Goats record, I like it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Really positive example of long term booking

:agreed:

It was a movie that delivered exactly what it knew people wanted to see.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

:agreed:

It was a movie that delivered exactly what it knew people wanted to see.

I read articles now that it’s problematic because Thor lets himself go and it’s fat shaming

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Endgame was amazing and I hope everyone who will see it enjoys it as much as I did.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fart blood posted:

I read articles now that it’s problematic because Thor lets himself go and it’s fat shaming

It's problematic because it plays really fast and loose with it's time travel/multiverse poo poo, and character motivations/character arcs . At least that's whats problematic to me about it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please don't put spoilers on here. i am forced to put my mouse in the darkness and read it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just saw endgame I loved it. Honestly there's nothing I would change and I was surprised throughout

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Been watching The Shield on Hulu over the last couple of days and drat is it a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Been watching The Shield on Hulu over the last couple of days and drat is it a good show

The quality of the final season is outstanding, particularly the finale itself. The face on that ICE agent after Vic finishes his confession is incredible.