Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I got Lasik a couple days ago and holy poo poo my vision is loving amazing. 20/15 right off the bat and the doctor expects it will improve to 20/10 as my eyes heal. I can see so loving much that I never could before. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jerusalem posted:

The quality of the final season is outstanding, particularly the finale itself. The face on that ICE agent after Vic finishes his confession is incredible.

Still in season 1 by the way, so careful with spoilers even if it has been finished for more than a decade

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bradzilla posted:

I got Lasik a couple days ago and holy poo poo my vision is loving amazing. 20/15 right off the bat and the doctor expects it will improve to 20/10 as my eyes heal. I can see so loving much that I never could before. :eyepop:

That's awesome, I genuinely love hearing stories from people who got their eyesight corrected (even if only by glasses) and how much they freak out when they realize how much they WEREN'T seeing before :)

drrockso20 posted:

Still in season 1 by the way, so careful with spoilers even if it has been finished for more than a decade

Oh poo poo, sorry dude, I just assumed it was a rewatch, my bad. Enjoy!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

There's several reasons why I will probably never do lasik;

1) price

2) fear of it getting screwed up*

3) fear of it backfiring years after the fact*

4) I've been wearing glasses pretty much 24/7 since I was 8(as I'm basically legally blind without them^) so my face looks weird without them on, my eyes look all sunken in

*honestly one of my greatest fears period is going blind as most of the things that bring me pleasure in life are sight based

^people have joked that when they try my glasses on that they can see the very fabric of space-time itself due to how strong my prescription is

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

There's several reasons why I will probably never do lasik;

1) price

2) fear of it getting screwed up*

3) fear of it backfiring years after the fact*

4) I've been wearing glasses pretty much 24/7 since I was 8(as I'm basically legally blind without them^) so my face looks weird without them on, my eyes look all sunken in

*honestly one of my greatest fears period is going blind as most of the things that bring me pleasure in life are sight based

^people have joked that when they try my glasses on that they can see the very fabric of space-time itself due to how strong my prescription is

All of that was definitely a concern. My heart was beating out of my chest during the procedure. A while ago I got really loving tired of constantly cleaning my glasses, and the dimples they make on my nose and behind the ears.

The clinic I went to has a lifetime guarantee, which I think is worth a couple thousand for a lifetime of better than perfect vision. If my vision shifts in 10 years, they will re-correct it.

And honestly the failure rates are so small, it's extremely unlike you'd go blind from it. I asked how many procedures they do in a day, and they said roughly 20. That means these fuckers are raking in around $70,000 on an average day.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

That's awesome, I genuinely love hearing stories from people who got their eyesight corrected (even if only by glasses) and how much they freak out when they realize how much they WEREN'T seeing before :)

My brother got glasses when he was 8? 10?

I distinctly remember us going on a drive right afterwards and he was constantly saying things like "There are trees on top of that hill!" :3:

Mine wasn't as bad as I only needed to start wearing glasses when I hit my early 40s but it was so fantastic when I got a sample of the right lenses for the first time. I don't know if lasik is an option for me, but I'm not going to do it yet. Maybe in a couple of years.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Basically me

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Endgame was loving incredible

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Agreed. It was fun and I had fun.

Everyone in CD is a bunch of dunces

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I am going to see it tomorrow.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He said he’s still going through it!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh that was an old post. I tried to stop j ru from doing what he did

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I read a page of the thread for it and jesus what a bunch of miserable people

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Who’s the Dat Phan of posting

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Someone recommended Steven Universe to me last year and I finally watched some today. It's good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i feel attacked by this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

The type of person that posts in CD huffs their own farts and refer to movies as "films." If it's not artsy farts, it's trash.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

The type of person that posts in CD huffs their own farts and refer to movies as "films." If it's not artsy farts, it's trash.

i wish

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dangerous Person posted:

I read a page of the thread for it and jesus what a bunch of miserable people
Almost as bad as the RLM GBS thread where people are talking about how great Armond White is when he's a loving hack who writes for the loving National Review

But CD types like critics who can call any action movie fash propaganda and write it in big paragraphs with big words to make themselves feel superior to us plebeians

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Still say jru should stop handing out probations and banish people to 6 hours of cd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what i like about the subforums, is that we can have aggressive gatekeeping about absolute garbage that's different from the more popular absolute garbage, no matter what the subject matter is. if People keep on attacking that foundation it's bound to fall on their heads, and they're going to diggity die...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

We’re not a subforum. We’re a domforum

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dig dig diggity...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
CineD has been a lot chiller nowadays. Still a bunch of smug posters that are way more bothered with "inconsistencies" than their filmcrit trappings would lead you to believe and that speak from a place of authority that not even Eisenstein has, but the chat thread is okay and the mods have been working towards detoxing what became a pretty toxic environment. It's mostly the superhero movie threads (and SW) that get out of hand.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk about CineD.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

CineD has been a lot chiller nowadays. Still a bunch of smug posters that are way more bothered with "inconsistencies" than their filmcrit trappings would lead you to believe and that speak from a place of authority that not even Eisenstein has, but the chat thread is okay and the mods have been working towards detoxing what became a pretty toxic environment. It's mostly the superhero movie threads (and SW) that get out of hand.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk about CineD.

Well considering those are probably the threads most likely to bring in new posters they're not doing a great job of detoxing it, IMO.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Who Greenlighted This Crap thread is still the annual best one in the subforum :unsmith:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wife and i are doing a double header of captain marvel and endgame on tuesday. going for a noon showing of CM since we did this last year with black panther and infinity war and didn't get out of the theater until midnight

also we should declare war on CineD, we all know how to do wrestling moves and they can only complain about movies therefore we'll win

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Endgame owned and I like CD because I've learned a lot there but most of the people critiquing the movie so far haven't even seen it and are commenting on the spoilers they've read.

I also finally watched Into the Spiderverse this weekend and it was incredible. Simultaneously a perfect family movie about growing up and a perfect superhero flick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Yeah, I got it done in November and at my appointment last month I could just barely read the 20/8 line which he's only seen with one other patient.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm afraid if i get lasik i'll see the true ugliness of reality

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Drew McIntyre posted:

You just gotta remember to turn on your monitor if you do.

GOTTEM

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Dias posted:

You just gotta remember to turn on your monitor if you do.

GOTTEM

even a blind man could see the wounded expression on my face right now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he could not see it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I got lasik several years ago, when 20/20 was a guarantee and 20/15 or better was "a possibility." I only got 20/20 from it but that was life changing by itself. The operation was kinda terrible for me though. When they were doing the pre-operation measurements of my eyeballs we discovered I needed my eyes numbed just to deal with the light from that hitting my eyes. The actual operation felt like looking at the sun to me. It didn't hurt, but my brain was screaming to look away from the light and the machine kept turning itself off because my eyes would move out of position. The surgeons said they'd never seen any eyes that sensitive before.

Despite all that, I was up and waking around just fine 24 hours later and had normal vision for the first time in decades. If my vision falters I'd be willing to get it done again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the eye lasers insert a brain control chip into your brain. Dumb rear end

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drew McIntyre posted:

this but one month and three weeks of sobriety

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Congratulations DoctorGonzo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TTBF posted:

I got lasik several years ago, when 20/20 was a guarantee and 20/15 or better was "a possibility." I only got 20/20 from it but that was life changing by itself. The operation was kinda terrible for me though. When they were doing the pre-operation measurements of my eyeballs we discovered I needed my eyes numbed just to deal with the light from that hitting my eyes. The actual operation felt like looking at the sun to me. It didn't hurt, but my brain was screaming to look away from the light and the machine kept turning itself off because my eyes would move out of position. The surgeons said they'd never seen any eyes that sensitive before.

Uhh, is numbing the eyes not standard at the clinic you went to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i went to south korea to get big tit's. by eating the delicious food that is!