Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
If you live somewhere exceptionally hot you may be able to pack your luggage and then put it into the trunk of a car on a day when the internal temperature would kill bedbugs, but I've also heard people say they will just go dormant and come out when the temperature is lower. Outside of that the best advice I can give is to pack light or next to nothing and make do at your destination, but that can be very tricky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What I've decided to try to do is have new luggage (my current stuff is busted anyway) sent to a friend's. Then I'll show up in clothes i know are clean, pack in clothes I know are clean, and then head straight to the airport..

Thankfully I move into a new place in a few months.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think a better bedbug would be a giant bug that eats and replaces your bed. the bug would gain safety by living inside a human house and you would get to sleep on its cool velvety abdomen. and the warmth of your body helps incubate the eggs, and the babies are like pillows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think my neoliberal hippie scum neighbor's (that I adore like ugly dogs) pest control treatment they did is making the bugs in my yard the worstest. But I also live in the middle of cornfields and the crops are late in so this is probably the macroeconomics of agrarian insect societies playing out in my gazebo. I got one of those swank looking metal tiki torches and the antibug mix I got isn't doing poo poo for them. I might go full hillbilly and get a bugzapper. I miss that noise.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

In other news, I need this

https://twitter.com/expectjess/status/1139273072484257793

gently caress a bidet, I need a full anal massage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no joke my bidet toilet is one of the best things i ever bought

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

i think a better bedbug would be a giant bug that eats and replaces your bed. the bug would gain safety by living inside a human house and you would get to sleep on its cool velvety abdomen. and the warmth of your body helps incubate the eggs, and the babies are like pillows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSPh7_gPh7A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watched the first episode of Swamp Thing. Very slow, scary in spots and very cliche horror tropes.

I’m honestly liking Kamen Rider Den-O a lot more. One of the few Rider shows where the women are cuter than the guys. There’s a time traveling train and a possession gimmick where the main guy has to play four different characters. Kinda questionable social behaviors tho. Lotta dudes stalking women.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has the second half of Young Justice come out yet?
Cause that's the only thing they're putting out that matters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jiro posted:

Has the second half of Young Justice come out yet?
Cause that's the only thing they're putting out that matters.

Not yet, I'll have to check that out. Cartoons are cool.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Ugh just got back from Pride where me and my crew got some open discrimination/bigotry from a Lyft driver. Simultaneously a very good and very bad day :sigh:

vv word vv

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 16, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's you and me pz.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My depression is kicking my rear end tonight largely because I'm needing to retire my favorite laptop ever very soon and it feels like losing a friend, plus what I want in a laptop almost doesn't exist anymore unless I get a gaming rig but that seems dumb given that I wouldn't really play games on it.

(My struggle is mostly finding a good keyboard on it)

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My depression is kicking my rear end tonight largely because I'm needing to retire my favorite laptop ever very soon and it feels like losing a friend, plus what I want in a laptop almost doesn't exist anymore unless I get a gaming rig but that seems dumb given that I wouldn't really play games on it.

(My struggle is mostly finding a good keyboard on it)

What are you looking for in terms of a laptop/keyboard?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luke72w posted:

What are you looking for in terms of a laptop/keyboard?

Honestly, the type of keyboard I want would be closer to a mechanical style one rather than the super thin machines that exist now. I want one that's small enough to be portable but honestly most of the time I use my laptops more like desktops in the sense that I'm not carrying them around, not overly concerned about battery life because I'm gonna keep it plugged in 99% of the time, etc.

The genuinely portable stuff is going to more be saved for my phone and my Kindle. But I can't really work with a straight up desktop either.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Honestly, the type of keyboard I want would be
P .closer to a mechanical style one rather than the super thin machines that exist now. I want one that's small enough to be portable but honestly most of the time I use my laptops more like desktops in the sense that I'm not carrying them around, not overly concerned about battery life because I'm gonna keep it plugged in 99% of the time, etc.

The genuinely portable stuff is going to more be saved for my phone and my Kindle. But I can't really work with a straight up desktop either.

Have you looked into docking stations at all? I've done well with a computer that charges on USB-C plugged into a docking station that I plug my mechanical keyboard, mouse, and speakers into - when I leave I just unplug the one wire and take it with me. It also doubles as a wireless charging pad, and I can even plug my phone into it and it works with the displays and peripherals to navigate my phone which can be super helpful.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah but I doubt that'd work for a very specific reason. I'd be happy to elaborate via PM if you're curious but I don't wanna clog up the thread too much. :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm not too far in but I'm enjoying this season of Jessica Jones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God that has started? I hope it is closer in quality to season 1 than season 2.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God that has started? I hope it is closer in quality to season 1 than season 2.

It's all posted. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the Punisher yet even, knowing it's the end.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Does Season 1 of Jessica Jones ever get good? I watched like seven episodes and the scene where the british guy takes over the police station was the only decent and entertaining scene in all of those episodes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's good from episode 1, so if you don't like it after 7 episodes then it's just not a show you're going to enjoy, sadly.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wish that there was a legal way to watch Utopia in the US because everybody needs to watch that show

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It's good from episode 1, so if you don't like it after 7 episodes then it's just not a show you're going to enjoy, sadly.

I mostly agree, but there's also way too much filler and they definitely shouldn't have had to have made the season as long as it was.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah the downside to all those series is 13 episodes is too long for them and their need to stretch is evident.

Jerusalem, I'm liking it but I also liked season 2. They are doing an obvious thing with their villain and laying it on super thick. For someone who is into the DRAMAAAA~, I'm into it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I only made like 2 episodes into the first season of Jessica Jones. I liked the anal sex scene. I didn't like the pool of urine appearing from the kids trapped in the closet.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:chloe:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the biotech concern that I share a building with has been using what sounds like a dental drill all day. A few months ago they were doing some heavy construction sounds. Then all that stopped and a dog barked, leaving me to conclude that they built a dog. I got to pet the dog, he was friendly.

Maybe this time they built a snake because the drilling has stopped.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's all posted. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the Punisher yet even, knowing it's the end.

I don't know if you just mean season 2 (which I also haven't watched) but season 1 was my favorite of all those shows

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we are so hosed

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/1139908928383410176

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

oh no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We are hosed, but we already were. :shrug:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

We are hosed, but we already were. :shrug:

its like taking the condom off to finish level of being hosed now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So after eight months of sticking myself with needles to transition and not seeing much in the way of feminization, I got a second opinion over at Planned Parenthood and discovered that my GP had me on doses WAAAAAY below what they oughtta' be. With PP, we've rectified the problem and we'll be moving me up to the proper dose slowly over the next three months.'

Good news, right?

The trouble is, we've octoupled my t-blockers over the last month, but we've actually decreased my overall estrogen to start, since the move from injections to pills isn't as simple as 1:1 dosages, and the increase there needs to happen more slowly to mitigate the risk of pituitary tumors and such, so right now my brain has neither the testosterone nor the estrogen to function and booooooy howdy are the sadbrains in full effect.

I've been depressed before, but even at its worst, I could take joy in something, even if it was something self-destructive.

It's so weird knowing for absolute certain that it's not permanent and will pass in time, but still feel like it never will and this is how life is now.

It's like having a layover at ABQ.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
it really is a Boy Bye day today

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

So after eight months of sticking myself with needles to transition and not seeing much in the way of feminization, I got a second opinion over at Planned Parenthood and discovered that my GP had me on doses WAAAAAY below what they oughtta' be. With PP, we've rectified the problem and we'll be moving me up to the proper dose slowly over the next three months.'

Good news, right?

The trouble is, we've octoupled my t-blockers over the last month, but we've actually decreased my overall estrogen to start, since the move from injections to pills isn't as simple as 1:1 dosages, and the increase there needs to happen more slowly to mitigate the risk of pituitary tumors and such, so right now my brain has neither the testosterone nor the estrogen to function and booooooy howdy are the sadbrains in full effect.

I've been depressed before, but even at its worst, I could take joy in something, even if it was something self-destructive.

It's so weird knowing for absolute certain that it's not permanent and will pass in time, but still feel like it never will and this is how life is now.

It's like having a layover at ABQ.

Sorry, friend. I'm glad it will get better and hope it happens sooner rather than later. It's also great that you got a second opinion!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump will win

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

So after eight months of sticking myself with needles to transition and not seeing much in the way of feminization, I got a second opinion over at Planned Parenthood and discovered that my GP had me on doses WAAAAAY below what they oughtta' be.

I'm going to a doctor tomorrow about starting and was worried about what I could do if they turned out to be a gatekeeper. I didn't know PP handled these issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
As someone with a rare hormone disorder I empathize a lot with the trans community because I am also sticking myself with 5 needles a week.