Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People i agree does something stupid is not that important.
People i disagree does something stupid i hope they murder him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

People i agree does something stupid is not that important.
People i disagree does something stupid i hope they murder him.

is this some hulk hogan apology thing or where are you going with this?

context, character, and actual actions are a thing that should be taken into account

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Make no mistake, his jokes weren’t funny. They were lousy attempts at shock humor.

But for fucks sake, the dude got his start at Troma. What the hell did people think his sense of humor was?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Gunn's tweets were stupid and unfunny and he should rightly be mocked for them. I don't know how truly sincerely sorry he is, but given that part of his defense was "I was just trying to be edgy and provocative", I remain slightly skeptical. There's a thin line between being provocative and just being tasteless, and Gunn's old tweets fell squarely on the latter side of the line.

With that said: anyone who thinks this was anything but an attempt by fascists to silence high-profile voices that have been critical of their orange moron in chief is deluding themselves. Similarly, Disney was stupid as hell for caving in to them; they're never appeased or satisfied with any apology, because it's never enough. And now the largest media company in the world has just given them plenty of motivation to ramp up their attacks on people they don't like, and who might have a position of power or influence in the media.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Outrage culture work both ways

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

is this some hulk hogan apology thing or where are you going with this?

his forum shtick is being a nazi, it's completely unsurprising he's sticking up for nazi cernovich

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Just a reminder that Mike Cernovich has beady eyes like Milhouse with his glasses off.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

his forum shtick is being a nazi, it's completely unsurprising he's sticking up for nazi cernovich

Ferrari fan. Update your prejudices, you loving moron.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't fucken wait

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Take discussion of Cernovich to D&D (or possibly Cinema Discusso for the James Gunn stuff) where it's more relevant, this thread isn't the place to thrash out this topic and the less I have to read about a shithead piece of trash like Cernovich the better.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I just had a loving awesome nap

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sorry To Bother You is the best movie I've seen yet this year. I actually can't believe it not only got made but it's in wide release.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Just Cause 3 is one hell of a lot of fun, and it's only like $6 for the base game on the PSN store until Monday, IIRC. A goon described it as "Far Cry meets the Batman Arkham games" and that's definitely not far off. It also reminds me a lot of the original Mercenaries game that came out on PS2/OG Xbox back in the day.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m kinda sad all the old flash tub videos don’t work :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just Cause 3 is one hell of a lot of fun, and it's only like $6 for the base game on the PSN store until Monday, IIRC. A goon described it as "Far Cry meets the Batman Arkham games" and that's definitely not far off. It also reminds me a lot of the original Mercenaries game that came out on PS2/OG Xbox back in the day.

Sold!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I was surprised at the level of criticism it got. While it certainly didn't break the mold or anything, it was a fun open world "blow everything up" game.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

God of War and Everybody’s Golf are both good

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

I was surprised at the level of criticism it got. While it certainly didn't break the mold or anything, it was a fun open world "blow everything up" game.

It has a LOT of technical issues. Even on PC, it doesn't run very well without at least 16 GB of RAM.

Now, if you do have 16 GB or more, it's a ton of fun, but it's not without the occasional crash even then, and even after all the patches and updates.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it ran well enough on the PS4. If you really dialed in the physics fuckery, then there was gnarly slowdowns but that's to be expected when you're sending poo poo flying everywhere. Not nearly as satisfying as the first Mercenaries game where you could call in arty strikes then run and gun through the mayhem. But the grapnel+wingsuit fuckery made for good moments.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Take discussion of Cernovich to D&D (or possibly Cinema Discusso for the James Gunn stuff) where it's more relevant, this thread isn't the place to thrash out this topic and the less I have to read about a shithead piece of trash like Cernovich the better.

official general thread but not too general. thanks for stifling conversations, yet again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

official general thread but not too general. thanks for stifling conversations, yet again

He is once again completely right and you are once again being an obnoxious tool. They have a place for that, it's called D&D.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jerusalem is a bad mod. But a good person.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Kvantum posted:

It has a LOT of technical issues. Even on PC, it doesn't run very well without at least 16 GB of RAM.

Now, if you do have 16 GB or more, it's a ton of fun, but it's not without the occasional crash even then, and even after all the patches and updates.

This, but also just the crime of familiarity.

Just Cause 2 was this giant breath of chaotic, free-roaming fresh air when action games had been largely dominated by Halo and CoD and Killzone and the like for years, and rather than rushing out a sequel they worked on Mad Max and waited almost six years, and in those years you got Far Cry 3 and 4 and Dead Rising 2 and 3 and Saints Row 3 and 4 and the two Tomb Raider reboots and GTAV and Fallout 4, so the world of chaotic, free-roaming action games had massively changed, and then Just Cause 3 was basically Just Cause 2 But With A Little More Stuff In It, and aside from just being disappointingly samey it wasn't nearly as unique or interesting as it had been in 2010.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

He is once again completely right and you are once again being an obnoxious tool. They have a place for that, it's called D&D.

why have this thread at all then?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

why have this thread at all then?

So the other 95% of us that don't wanna get in a loving ouroboros debate that'll go absolutely nowhere and will just be the same things said back and forth a bajillion loving times can have a place to discuss stuff. Stuff that, here's a thought, might actually be enjoyable and fun on this comedy website.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ok

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stay on brand. :mad:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

VJeff posted:

Stuff that, here's a thought, might actually be enjoyable and fun on this comedy website.

But we watch wwe

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man all my poo poo went south so fast I can barely even remember what the feeling happy felt like even though it was like a week ago or something. I think I'm going to continue replaying the Dead Rising games as therapy today. I found DR4 a letdown but the others still hold up very well and IIRC they've said that DR5 will be in house again which is good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

stay strong good brother. easier said than done i know.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Enjoy the small things even if the whole dang world is burning.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Love you guys. God bless.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It seems like depression managed to hit everyone I know at once. Me, my girlfriend's father, a friend of mine, all at once it was just like the moon shifted the tides enough that everyone's disposition went crashing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m gonna snag some of Gods Own Marijuana tomorrow night, and heck, I’m glad about it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're making a fifth dead rising? I assumed the last one flopped cause I saw zero people talk about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m gonna snag some of Gods Own Marijuana tomorrow night, and heck, I’m glad about it.

Be careful, Job held the blunt a little too long before passing it back and look what happened to him!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Be careful, Job held the blunt a little too long before passing it back and look what happened to him!

He let it canoe, he got what he deserved

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVDtmouV9kM

Behold! The King of Monsters of Kings!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hope poo poo gets better, foochs.

Incessant Excess posted:

They're making a fifth dead rising? I assumed the last one flopped cause I saw zero people talk about it.

It did, but the biggest reason it flopped was they tried to make it a big mainstream-accessible game by taking all the Dead Risingness out of it and making it a generic open-world action game, except no one gives a poo poo about Dead Rising who wouldn't rather play a real Dead Rising game, so 5 is supposed to go back to being weird.

but it's Capcom, so basically nothing they do with the rest of their catalog matters to their bottom line as long as Monster Hunter and Resident Evil make money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Capcom’s weird because they’ll do something like Lost Planet, which was cool and inventive and then strip all the cool stuff out in subsequent sequels.