Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in breath of the wild, I found out my horse will run up and eat the apples off a tree I just chopped down if I don't get to them fast enough. But it makes the horse happy so there's that. Not super impressed by the game, honestly. Constantly having swords break on me is a real hassle and the controls are not real friendly in the Switch's handheld mode.

looking real hard at that Mario/Rabbid tactical game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a good game you can play with your wife is the Senran Kagura massage game. it's only 10 dollars, and gameplay revolves around you slapping the thighs of an anime girl with huge breasts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbin posted:

a good game you can play with your wife is the Senran Kagura massage game. it's only 10 dollars, and gameplay revolves around you slapping the thighs of an anime girl with huge breasts

how much jiggle are we talkin here?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

coconono posted:

how much jiggle are we talkin here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-5hexiwrtU&t=566s

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
legally how much sleep does a person need

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Watching Cromartie High School for the first time in a couple years and it's still one of the funniest shows ever mad, also one of the best English dubs the anime industry has ever made(like it's one of those rare shows where I prefer the dub over the original Japanese)

Also started watching Overlord the other day and outside of a couple awkward fanservice moments it's been pretty good so far, does it turn to crap later on* or does it stay good?

*besides fanservice stuff that is, I'm mostly unphased by that kind of stuff since I've been watching anime with that kind of stuff in it since I was like 8

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Decent sfx on the slaps. any body got a .flac of that noise.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Go watch Mandy, folks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's a divorce in a Switch cart.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Watching Cromartie High School for the first time in a couple years and it's still one of the funniest shows ever mad, also one of the best English dubs the anime industry has ever made(like it's one of those rare shows where I prefer the dub over the original Japanese)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers and loves this show. I also liked the live-action movie adaptation

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good morning, have a blessed image.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know what dub was weirdly really good at a time when most dubs, especially ones on TV, were totally crap? DBZ.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I watched all of season 1 of Overlord and thought it was enjoyable. I'm not sure if there is a season 2 but it definitely deserves one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

Y'know what dub was weirdly really good at a time when most dubs, especially ones on TV, were totally crap? DBZ.

I still can't get over the fact that child goku and adult goku kept the same japanese voice actor.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No wrestling in this thread

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TV Zombie posted:

I watched all of season 1 of Overlord and thought it was enjoyable. I'm not sure if there is a season 2 but it definitely deserves one.

Season 3 is airing now, it should be wrapping up in a week or two.

The anime that I Ioved these last few months is Planet With. One episode to go so we'll see if they stick the landing, but they've told a great story.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers and loves this show. I also liked the live-action movie adaptation

Yeah it's pretty good, will warn anyone watching the dub that there's been at least one usage of homophobic language so far in my rewatch(first two episodes), which admittedly isn't surprising considering said dub was from like 2006 and that was like the height of usage of that kind of language in animated comedy shows

VJeff posted:

Agreed, even the really early stuff like the Ocean dub holds up surprisingly well(especially their renditions of the first three DBZ movies, which are vastly superior to the versions Funimation later did)

coconono posted:

I still can't get over the fact that child goku and adult goku kept the same japanese voice actor.

Yeah that is the main thing that has kept me from giving the Japanese voices a fair shake, I just can't stand Goku having a grandma voice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

No wrestling in this thread
ferrari has poo poo the bed and now they’re letting the coolest dude in f1 go, lmao

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

Good morning, have a blessed image.

Good afternoon! Thank you for the rad image, but I have a question. Who’s the gentleman standing next to Stylin’ Andre the Giant? He appears to also be a cool wrestler dude, but I am painfully ignorant of Japanese pro wrestling in this era :blush:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SatansOnion posted:

Good afternoon! Thank you for the rad image, but I have a question. Who’s the gentleman standing next to Stylin’ Andre the Giant? He appears to also be a cool wrestler dude, but I am painfully ignorant of Japanese pro wrestling in this era :blush:

That would be cool dude - Giant Baba.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

:tipshat:
Thanks for the information--and yeah, from what I'm reading about him now, Baba was indeed a cool dude. These nice learning experiences are part of what makes pro wrestling fun for me!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

ferrari has poo poo the bed and now they’re letting the coolest dude in f1 go, lmao

williams killed senna i dont understand your point

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Man I really hate how much people price gouge when it comes to old games, like on a whim I fished out my Wii and was thinking about getting some more games for it and the GameCube and it's ridiculous how much people are asking for some games, like it kinda makes sense for some of the rarer games, but I can't see any reason to sell a copy of SSBM for more than maybe 30 bucks(and even that is kinda a ripoff) outside of being a greedy rear end in a top hat

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey friends, it's ya boy BJR. Today I put in my notice at my job that I've been doing forever so I could make some more positive steps in my life and my anxiety is cranking off the charts. I think it was a good idea and will ultimately benefit me, but mental illness gonna mental illness. I guess this is essentially kind of a white noise post, but I needed to feel like I wasn't just screaming into the void. Namaste.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

best of luck

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

as somebody who has also been gnawed at by medical-grade anxiety, I'm rootin for you, duder. Change is difficult even in the best of times, so try to keep your eyes on the prize of your long-term peace of mind

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey friends, it's ya boy BJR. Today I put in my notice at my job that I've been doing forever so I could make some more positive steps in my life and my anxiety is cranking off the charts. I think it was a good idea and will ultimately benefit me, but mental illness gonna mental illness. I guess this is essentially kind of a white noise post, but I needed to feel like I wasn't just screaming into the void. Namaste.

Are you medicated? I know it doesn't work for everyone but Duloxetine has helped me control my anxiety instead of letting it run roughshod on my life.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

So booting up my Nintendo Wii for the first time in years and it's surprisingly gotten me kinda depressed, not only in seeing the state of it's online features, but also seeing the signs of how much time has passed since it was last used, as the calendar indicates that the last time the console actually got played was all the way back in December of 2012(which was itself almost a year prior to the move that led to it being in storage till today), not to mention some other tragic bits(like discovering that the Mii of my brother's now deceased ex girlfriend is still on there)

On the plus side I did in fact buy Paper Mario for it back in the day and it's still on there along with a couple other ones

Also I'll probably end up modding it so I can do homebrew stuff with it since I don't have to worry about online compatibility anymore

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
can you post the mii QR code for your brother's dead ex girlfriend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't be a dick.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of work, I finally got some numbers on the contract I mentioned and...:stare:

Holy crap. It's not ridiculous money or anything but it's more than I personally will have ever seen on a check 8 times over the next two years and it's also a potential springboard to move work.

I'm kinda literally stunned.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Congrats Fooch!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yes!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Grats Foochsy :)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That's great news, yo.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Great to see life treating you in a manner much more appropriate for a cool dude such as yourself, Foochs :waycool:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

glad to live life at a constant below-average. i could not handle all those sharp up and downs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

glad to live life at a constant below-average. i could not handle all those sharp up and downs

It really is messy sometimes, friend. Don't know why I was apparently chosen for the roller coaster but it is what it is!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if the presidents dick looks like a Toad, which Mario Kart character does everyone’s dick look like

I’ll start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bard Maddox posted:

if the presidents dick looks like a Toad, which Mario Kart character does everyone’s dick look like

I’ll start

some good reading on the matter(click the date link for the whole thread):

https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/1042043124351164418