Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Congratulations buddy. :) I just realized my Kindle is too old to get the Google Play store on it without rooting it and I am extremely upset by that especially since one of the apps I most use on it appears to just not work anymore. Foochs is getting upset!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon...6a3be4491b70INT

I'm assuming you meant Kindle Fire. These seem to go on sale a lot for about this price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Super Mario Odyssey is totally worth checking out if you get a switch too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think the Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe isn't a thing anymore.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

VJeff posted:

And apparently there's still a debate over climate change.

That's just like your opinion man.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I've had a lot of fun with Battle Chasers but I will admit it feels a bit unpolished.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
A lot of people grew up with Harry Potter. Quite literally. I don't know if there's ever going to be anything like it again. I'm a fan of Harry Potter but I wish Rowling would leave Harry Potter alone and stop changing details about the series.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

The former did okay, the latter was actually really successful, to the point where it's still getting spinoff series

There's a hawaiian themed hotel at Disney World. In the restaurant, you can meet Lilo and Stitch.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
No Mercy had the bug.

Hot take: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 if you can find it on amazon is the best one. It's like no mercy but I don't think it has the bug. It's also in japanese though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Me and my g/f are hitting all the disney parks in a couple weeks. We got reservations for Be Our Guest, anyone here done that before? What's it like?

Be Our Guest is really nice. The atmosphere is awesome but I don't remember much about the menu besides they had grey stuff.

If you can, book Rose & Crown around 730PM or 8PM. It's the best seat in the park for fireworks.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Next time it's on sale, check out Hollow Knight. It's one of the best metroidvania games.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I haven't watched it in years but I was a big fan of Baseketball. I might be the only one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

So I'm mad, because I got tricked and went and saw the new Godzilla movie thinking they'd have learned from the previous one and tried as hard as possible to reduce the amount of boring human bullshit and maximize the monsters, but they basically just did the same thing as last time with a bizarre story, inconsistent writing, characters who ranged from dull to stupid to contradictory to utterly irrelevant (there's a revelation 3/4s of the way through the film that one of the characters has a twin.... this has literally no bearing on anything, goes nowhere and the other character never returns again). The monsters were well designed and the extremely limited and few instances of them doing stuff on-screen are excellent and the highlights of the film, but the reason to have humans in a film like this should be to emphasize the sense of danger and to provide a human face to the scale of the destruction, and instead they just get in the way and provide nothing but frustration for the viewer who has no reason to care about any of them or their hopes, wishes, regrets etc. Especially stopping the action to try and produce some kind of redemptive arc for a character who has unflinchingly directly caused the death of tens of thousands of human beings, with no regard for age or innocence, with characters who have every right to detest this person and want to kill them on sight just sitting around cracking jokes with them.

Basically it was an episode of All My Circuits where the human friend keeps showing up and getting in the way of Calculon having explosive bouts of amnesia. Nothing is gonna cheer me up after watching that lovely film :mad:

Have you seen some of the older movies? I felt like it was a modern take on a Godzilla film. The human plot is complicated and okay at best while some monsters fight one another.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
That sounds like a lot of fun. What comic convention is that?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was listening to the Stephen Fry version of the audiobooks until book 5. He does a terrible Tonks voice.

I liked 11.22.63:

https://www.audible.com/pd/11-22-63-Audiobook/B005UR3VFO

and American Gods:

https://www.audible.com/pd/American-Gods-The-Tenth-Anniversary-Edition-A-Full-Cast-Production-Audiobook/B0055274U2

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Other hills? She LOATHES Ode to Joy while it's one of my favorite pieces and the biggest argument we've ever had was whether or not the creatures in 28 Days Later were zombies or not (THEY'RE loving INFECTED!!!)

Is she a musician? I learned to hate any piece I had to play over and over again.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What have you played so far?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm a big fan of timelines. It's a fun game to start a game night. Everyone has cards that have events of history on them and you have to place them in order in a timeline.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

TTBF posted:

Had a pest control service come out twice to get rid of bed bugs. Both times the fumigator said they thought it was coming from the apartment above ours. They keep showing up after the fumigation. The front office refuses to even ask the neighboring units if they're having problems. While for the most part they've been restricted to one of my roommate's bedroom the latest one showed up on my bed while I should have been asleep. I've got interceptor cups that are supposed to stop them from climbing onto it!

Making this a bit more stressful is I'm gonna visit family in Dallas in July when I go see NJPW. If I've got bedbugs in my luggage that'll spread to my sister's place. I'm also joining my dad at Disney World in a week or so and I don't want to transfer that poo poo to him either. Can't think of any way to guarantee I don't have bed bugs in my luggage though! Anyone have ideas?

Unfortunately you need to fumigate the whole building otherwise they'll keep coming back.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1457686

I buy jerky from this guy and leave it at my desk.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I really want to enjoy Bloodstained but I bought the Switch version. :smith:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

What's wrong with the switch version?

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/25/18744215/bloodstained-nintendo-switch-port-frame-rate-issues-console-comparison

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I hear there was a second golden age of the simpsons but few people know about it because so few people were watching.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I always thought the golden age was seasons 4 - 11. That's not to say there's not good episodes in other seasons though.

FWIW the Simpsons wiki says it's season 1 - 10.

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Era

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CobiWann posted:

It's just so loving soulless and flat.

nthing this.

I was really bored at first, I thought maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it. It kind of picked up in the last act but it was way too late. In case someone really cares about spoilers:

I really wish they did more with it than just a straight remake. I don't know if they changed anything.

Jerusalem posted:

If I remember right he quit acting in the last year or so of Home Improvement outside of a couple episodes in the last season because he wanted to concentrate on school, and he kinda just never came back to it?

Edit: Yep, looking it up it seems the only acting he's done in the last few years were a couple of appearances on Last Man Standing which were obviously because of his connection with Tim Allen.

There's been some interest in him lately:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzy9p/what-happened-to-jonathan-taylor-thomas

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

welp, lost my temper and descriptively threatened an insurance rep. That won't have any blowback. Trying to tell me that sleep study wasn't needed. gently caress you. I will I better stop.

Are you worried that you may have sleep apnea? FWIW, snapping like this is a sign of sleep apnea. I'm not pointing this out to be a dick but rather because I want you to be better.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

sounds about right. Like I said, I gotta pick up some hippy pills tomorrow from the local hippy store. and walk more. and drink less caffiene. and quit smoking. gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

FWIW I slept so much better after I stopped drinking caffeine. It was also 2 months of headaches though. :(.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Brut posted:

The last spiderman movies I saw were the ones with Tobey Maguire, maybe I should check out that spiderverse one.

It's on Netflix right now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

is there a good video games podcast that isn’t run by chuds

Retro autos

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

Are you goons active in other online wrestling communities? I don't know any aside from Twitter or r/SquaredCircle and I dislike Reddit. I'm pretty happy with this subforum (because I don't post in the WWE threads) but I'm also curious where the others hang out!

Nah. Based on the conversations I've heard at my local indie show and the posts on their Facebook page, I don't think I want to be. Sometimes, I just want to say "I liked that match" or "that was fun."

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I did the socially relevant thing today.

Both are very good.

Is that the sandwich? If so, spicy or not spicy?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I really love the portability of the Switch. I play so many more games because I can take it with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Also my dog is really sick right now. She just turned 12 and I already cried at the thought of losing her.

Goondolances. My dog crossed the rainbow bridge earlier this year. He was 14, almost 15.