Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TV Zombie posted:

I watched all of season 1 of Overlord and thought it was enjoyable. I'm not sure if there is a season 2 but it definitely deserves one.

Season 3 is airing now, it should be wrapping up in a week or two.

The anime that I Ioved these last few months is Planet With. One episode to go so we'll see if they stick the landing, but they've told a great story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jerusalem posted:

The only thing consistent about Doctor Who fans is not a single one of us can agree on anything. Ever.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK :argh:

:v:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Wait, is there actually a sizable contingent of people who don't think Tennant's the best Doctor in the relaunch series? I mean Smith & Capaldi also did good jobs but I thought that was universally agreed upon.

Overall, I prefer Smith to Tennant. I can say plenty of negative things about Moffat but ugh, RTD.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Everyone who plays the Doctor is the best. :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The move to Sundays is going to be wonderful. Get up, watch the early NFL games on Red Zone, and then watch Who. If only KOPW was on Sunday and not Monday...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I saw Widows tonight instead.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm using the Shonen Jump sub to read through MHA since I decided I'm not going to try and keep up with the Anime.

I'll see if there are any other series worth keeping the sub when I'm done.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I need some brainstorming from the wrestleGoons.

Next weekend I'm going to be heading to northern Wisconsin with friends for a gaming weekend, and I'm probably going to be running a one-shot of the World Wide Wrestling RPG. It's been a while since I've GMed, so I'm nervous, but I expect it will go well.

What I would like to have going into the session is a stable of NPW (non-player wrestlers) that I can call on for interactions/background matches. For example, I have:

- Molly Mayhem, who just won the belt the episode before the one-shot kicking off a new round of "who is the #1 contender"
- LED, a mix of Daft Punk and the Tron Guy. He's a DJZ pallet swap
- The Party Monster, a past-his prime wrestler with gear that looks like he skinned :gritty:
- steve, resident jobber
- Ariana Grande Panda
- El Hijo de Hijo
- etc.

I don't mind indy wrestler analogs, but I want to avoid obvious WWE comparisons. Any ideas? The more I have the more fun my inevitable canteen scene will be...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Between the announcement of Mario Maker 2 and Tetris 99 I now own a Switch. I knew I would own one at some point but I was waiting on the right incentive.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jerusalem posted:

I just realized Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has released and oh God it is pretty.

I'd play but I have to wait a couple more hours until it unlocks on PC and I need to go to sleep.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

VJeff posted:

Hey.

Hey.

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.

It's Opening Day.

:yeah: only a couple of hours until my team starts losing a lot of games! Bring on the Baseball!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Part One of JoJo is really straightforward, and then it starts getting much wackier (and more fun).

I keep trying to get a friend of mine into JoJo from time to time and I'm urging him to start with Part 4 because it shows what the format can really do (and it owns).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my knights gave up a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go and ultimately gave up a series they were up 3-1 at one point. its a bad year to be a vgk and saints fan :(

:smith:

Leafs and VGK get knocked out on the same day. I has a sad.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jerusalem posted:

That's awesome, I genuinely love hearing stories from people who got their eyesight corrected (even if only by glasses) and how much they freak out when they realize how much they WEREN'T seeing before :)

My brother got glasses when he was 8? 10?

I distinctly remember us going on a drive right afterwards and he was constantly saying things like "There are trees on top of that hill!" :3:

Mine wasn't as bad as I only needed to start wearing glasses when I hit my early 40s but it was so fantastic when I got a sample of the right lenses for the first time. I don't know if lasik is an option for me, but I'm not going to do it yet. Maybe in a couple of years.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I liked Thrones, but I also extremely tempered my expectations going into this final set of episodes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm ready for Mario Maker.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm loving all of this. :3:

After the news broke today about The VelociPastor my friend and I are trying to find a time to watch it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In college, the theatre department was doing to do Hair the following fall. Just in case, I started growing it out in May when I left for all-days with my drum corps. I get back in August and was cast in the show. That added three more months of hair length.

You get used to long hair, but it was bizarre at first to experience my hair hitting the sides of my neck as I shook my head in the shower.

And then I got cast in a show that went up in February where I had to shave my head so I added two more months of growth before the shearing. (Don't shave your head for the first time in February.)

LividLiquid posted:

One thing I'll miss about living as a dude is shaving my head and absent-mindedly rubbing the fuzz.

And then I LOVED this period of regrowth. Both me rubbing my head and others giving my head a rub... :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Spikegal posted:

I want to be real for a second. I was having doubts about being transgender. I don't quite fit the mold. I never had severe body dysmorphia. I had not thought about being transgender until recently. It was more just an idea of it would have been really great to have been born a woman. Then I just passed a mirror and saw myself and my heart skipped a beat and I knew this was right. I am a transgender woman.

:perfect:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I want to thank everyone in this thread for being the amazing people that you are. It's not a stretch to say that this thread has been fantastic to my mental health. I can't count the number of times that I've thought "It's okay to be happy" in the face of whatever is looming over my emotional state, and it's all due to the comments here.

This weekend should be amazing. The next two days are live AAW shows, followed by going to All Out on Saturday. Then there's a barbeque on Sunday, an extra day off for the holiday on Monday... It's good. I deserve to be happy. Let's do this.

:glomp:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Spikegal posted:

Don't you mean 8th? *ducks for cover*

Big Finish 8th or 8DA 8th?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Killer Queen Black comes out in a month and I AM SO EXCITED.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I realized that I had Yakuza 0 from a Humble Bundle in the past, I'm installing it how. I'm excited to play it when I get around (and finish playing Path of Exile for this patch).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Chris James 2 posted:

New American Horror Story season started minutes ago :woop:

:woop:

Can't wait to see how it twists.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Spikegal posted:

Except the Doctor Who thread. Those are good people.

Also Drag Race.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

KungFu Grip posted:

Play Untitled Goose Game.

I need to get that soon...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I've never seen the original Halloween, I need to fix that this year.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dear Madonna,

When I bought tickets to your show a few months ago I picked a Thursday night because I thought I'd get better seats. Sure, I'd be moving slightly slow at work the next day but an 8 pm show won't take me out of commission too bad.

WHY IS THE SHOW NOW STARTING AT 10:30 PM ON A WORK NIGHT??? AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIDAY/SATURDAY SHOWS??? AT ALL???

:negative:

(my ticket is currently up for resale. if it doesn't sell i'll probably go but honestly, i just want my money back. it's not like she's gaga or something...)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

coconono posted:

All this talk about gender but when are we gonna get tentacles? I want tentacles. It'd be awesome.

Join the Simic.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Costco Generic Five Hour Energy for for for for for for Life

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I want to play Outer Worlds but it makes me motion sick for whatever reason.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Cavauro posted:

if you are on pc you might want to see about turning off chromatic aberration. i don't think there is an option to turn it off in the game itself so you have to edit some ini file or something. it's a horrible graphical effect that was overused in small budget movies and then placed into games for "artistic" purposes. i haven't had a problem with it in some games but in the outer worlds i had to turn it off.

That helped. Thanks!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

omg i need to know more...

(I'm so going to say "Alexa, play 'Release the Kraken'" when I'm at my friend's place...)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

LividLiquid posted:

I'm too scared to go to a tech subforum for this:

For years, I used Google Voice as my texting app because I could open a browser window to it and there my texts would be. They discontinued Voice and switched to Hangouts. As of today, I can no longer do SMS messaging from Hangouts.

Android messages doesn't have a browser interface I can open on my computer. Anybody have a successor to Voice and Hangouts they know about?

I use the built in Messages app on my Pixel and it has a web interface. I think you have to enable it and/or link your browser, I've rarely used that function to date.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I think my most engaged tweet was when I took the gif of Left Shark that was made in that year's Super Bowl thread and posted it out immediately...

e: I looked it up, apparently it came from SBNation and it wasn't the full Left Shark experience, but it was still interesting as my phone blew up for a few hours...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

While I don't know if I'll get Disney+, I could see it happening if I need Hulu again thanks to the bundle. It doesn't help that The Mandalorian will only be eight episodes in the first season...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I saw Kathleen Turner do cabaret tonight. It owned.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They made Yamper too cute, I feel bad when I fight them

I'm waiting until I can Dynamax Yamper. I will take so many screenshots...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

And after a quick trip to another office, I'm now also legally a woman.

:woop::woop::woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Love you all. Happy Thanksgiving.

:glomp:

I saw "Knives Out" today. Tons of fun, would watch JLC smoke in pantsuits again.