Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I love Darkest Dungeon. Maybe the best Steam sale purchase I’ve ever made. Perfect way to kill time until Deadfire drops this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DoctorGonzo posted:

i didnt like pillars of eternity, it felt outdated and i didnt care about the story? i guess im more a witcher 3 guy and i hope cyberpunk 2077 releases this year

that rdr2 trailer loving sucked

My college years were defined by a metric fuckton of beer and a mix of Baldur’s Gate/Baldur’s Gate II/Icewind Dale/Torment with a healthy dose of Civilization 2 so Pillars was like sliding back into an old pair of comfortable jeans that still fit after all these years.

I still have to finish Blood and Wine however and haven’t gotten past the first hour of Red Dead Redemption. Should I give it a swing?

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 3, 2018

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh man I sometimes wish Bonnie was more of a cuddler

That’s a heckin good dog right there

Not mine - I have a chihuahua. Rather, my stepdaughter has a chihuahua. I have a friend who works with helper/therapy dogs on a regular basis and they pulled that one from an Imgur gallery.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 3, 2018

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Some dogs just want to watch the world burn...

His name is Ash after all.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Takuan posted:

Yeah, but in retrospect, the birth of the modern Alt-Right can be traced directly to NO MA'AM.

I find it hard to blame Ed O'Neill for anything.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Just as an FYI, your tax dollars are paying for me to binge Cobra Kai at work. Money well spent.

It's an injection of 80's nostalgia directly into my veins. Johnny's still an rear end in a top hat however he's an entertaining one. Daniel's a bit of a dick too.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikeguy posted:

So right now I'm replaying a modded out version of Mass Effect 3 - which I really enjoy because I can just turn my brain off for the stuff I don't like. The modding on that game is a beast and I love it even more because before it came out there was a lot of talk about how it was basically unmoddable. I have yet to actually see an unmoddable game if the community actually wants it.

I'm waiting for someone to mod Dead Space 3 so I can play the Carver story missions without being in co-op.

What I'd love to see is a mod for the ending to Mass Effect 3 where you can pick the option to go down swinging and instead of automatically losing you get a victory, either by the skin of your teeth or a Pyrrhic victory if your War Score was high enough.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 3, 2018

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikeguy posted:

Hey Cobi, earlier you mentioned tax dollars paying you. Are you federal or state? I work for state government and I spend a lot of time bullshitting online so I'm with you. But frankly the amount of work I have is doable with lots of time left over.

I'm a jaded, bitter, long-suffering fed.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I used to be all about video games when I was a teen and in my early twenties. Now I just don't have the attention span to sit down and play for a few hours.

My excuse is that my stepdaughter loves watching me play. If she likes a popular game, it's a justification to drop some cash for quality time. On one hand, our time playing Until Dawn and Horizon Zero Dawn, sitting in our pajamas for four-five hours on a Saturday morning eating waffles covered with whipped cream and chocolate syrup are going to be some of my best memories with her.

On the other hand, she was incredibly impressed with my use of the English language in the pursuit of profanity when we played Cuphead.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

dromal phrenia posted:

whats up wrestlefans, i had a great day. actually pretty much all my days have been great for 4+ years. hows everyone living?

Chewing my fingernails to the quick over the Penguins’ game. :ohdear:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CobiWann posted:

Chewing my fingernails to the quick over the Penguins’ game. :ohdear:

Status update - fingernails gone, Pens won.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Brolin’s turn as Thanos makes me really excited to see him in a few weeks as goddamn Cable.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah and I should have realized when they shut down Marvel Avenger's Alliance and all that money I spent on it was pointless (it was a good game too)

I'm trying to think what is the best Mr. Show sketch, I think it might be Pre-Taped Call In Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVbLJvYP8s

I'll give you this one, but I would like to recommend Lie Detector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYvHpVwIqYY

Or Blow up the Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csj7vMKy4EI

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Post kittens?

My DM’s cat Lena, aka the Purrasque.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

fart blood posted:

Same. But I'd rather be cautious than broke.

This. I was broke, now I'm cautious and not-quite-broke. The fear of being "elderly poor" was part of my mid-life crisis.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm probably gonna finally bite the bullet and make an account there soon. I've always liked people's reviews there and at the very least it seems like a fun film-watching social network

Plus I need a safe space to vent my hot takes about both the Alien series under Ridley Scott, and the Fast and Furious series in general

To quote Ed Byrne...

quote:

This summer, from acclaimed director Ridley Scott, Alien 7 - The Whole Thing's Just loving Ruined Now

I still haven't finished Alien: Isolation. I got to the Reactor and said "nope, gently caress this."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I started watching Spider-Man and the bit where Michael Keaton opens the front door :vince:

The whole theater reacted at that point. I can't believe the MCU made the Vulture of all people a bad-rear end villain with believable motives. Shame my boy the Shocker (Herman, not the other jabroni) got jobbed out.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My wife, one of the biggest X-Men fans I know, preferred Pride + Prejudice + Zombies over Deadpool, saying it was a lot funnier. Then again, she also prefers X-Men Origins: Wolverine over Iron Man 3.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo Cobi. I know she's your wife but woof that is some questionable taste.

She’s always been a fan of action-horror so I can’t fault her. A little DP does go a long way.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Speaking of movies, my wife and I just watched Green Room. :stonk:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

J-Ro posted:

Cobra Kai is really loving good, and if you're a fan of the Karate Kid series you should check it out - the finale reveal of JOHN FUCKIN KREESE was fantastic and I hope they do a second season.

What I liked was that Johnny is still an rear end in a top hat. One with some self realization, but still an rear end in a top hat.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Some people also just prefer physical media over digital. Hell, I still buy CD’s from Amazon because even though I can still download it on mp3 I just like having a physical copy in case of a database crash or the end of the world.

Part also of why I prefer books over Kindle. I’m the last person in my D&D group who brings books and a paper character sheet to game. I want something to hold in my hand.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

A few months back I got Watch_Dogs for free. It cost me nothing. It was zero dollars.

I have never felt so ripped off in my life, it cost far more than it should have.

I found a copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines at Five Below for one dollar. I bought it as a gag Christmas gift for my friend. He opened the present, looked at me, and said "Dude, I thought we were friends."

He's never played it, however it does make an excellent coaster for his Scotch.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CarlCX posted:

New Vegas is the best Fallout but its fanbase has a shocking number of people who think Caesar's Legion have good ideas.

Don’t look at me, I voted for Ulysses.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
There is one good thing about the Pens being knocked out - I can now watch the playoffs without having a heart attack every third period.

Though I do admit I’m pulling for Vegas. Not for MAF though, but for the fact that an expansion team coming out of the gate and winning the Cup in their very first year is a great story.

Then the Jets, for Canada.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

:hai:

Destroying the Legion (and making their big bad super general piss himself and run away crying before blowing his head off) then telling the NCR to gently caress off was very satisfying, especially if you've taken care of House beforehand.

And then you nuke the Long 15 and Bitter Springs, JUST to drive the point home.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Turns out a medication I'm on doesn't mix well with alcohol so I'm doing my best to avoid it."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

coconono posted:

Fallout 4 is fun until you start playing the story. I felt the YOU GOTTA CHOOSE A SIDE bit was too forced because all these people are assholes. Like I wanna mind my settlements and tune my powered armor, go the gently caress away please and thank you.

Fallout 4 is great when you mod the HELL out of it, especially if you use Sim Settlements.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Dead Money was awesome and dark as gently caress. Old World Blues is amazing.

All the expansions were great. I'm a sucker for Honest Hearts because I love Joshua Graham and the story of the guy watching over the tribes in Zion is drat good writing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://youtu.be/sPzJjNQaYEA?t=105

Is...is the bouncer at 1:45 Dolph Ziggler?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'd rather be playing Deadfire.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikeguy posted:

Pillars of eternity 2 is also amazing.

This, and I’m only an hour in. It’s everything a sequel should be - cleaner, faster, new-but-familiar plot and setting

Points for Obsidian putting in a keyword system during conversations so you can mouse over and get a definition of the highlighted word!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

TTBF posted:

The talk of Pillars 2 makes me want to do the Pillars 1 DLC (which I didn't do since I had beaten the game long before it came out) and finish up Tyranny. Does the Pillars 1 DLC work even when you've already beaten the game? Does anything in it effect the export to Pillars 2?

You might have to load up a PoE 1 save from before you head into the final dungeon if you want to do the White March. I think there is a point of no return before you descend.

And agreement on Xoti. Laura Bailey is a drat treasure.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Takuan posted:

Man, Liquid Television was the poo poo. I used to stay up way too late on Sundays and make myself exhausted at school the next day just to watch it.

My friend swore up and down Aeon Flux was absolutely amazing and I needed to watch it, which I did when I slept over his house one night.

Pretty much my reactions was...

"What is Aeon Flux?"

"Who is Aeon Flux?"

..."WHY is Aeon Flux?!?"

For my high school brain it was a case "of I know this is good but I can't quantify why! Oh my God, this show has me using the word 'quantify!'"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

fart blood posted:

Let's discuss how Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis.

:::clears throat:::

I think Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis. Thoughts anyone?

I would like to introduce the soundtrack to the Genesis game Herzog Zwei as Exhibit A into Evidence, Your Honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PLmXBrNQw

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Defiance Industries posted:

Chrono Trigger takes that soundtrack out behind the woodshed dude, sorry

OK, if you're going to break out Chrono Trigger then let's just pack it up and go home right now.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It might be cheating, but I would like to throw in the soundtrack to Vice City. I spent more than a few nights cruising through Pittsburgh after dark with the windows down and "Out of Touch" playing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I loving loved Shining in the Darkness. A old-school grid based dungeon crawl that looked gorgeous.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://youtu.be/qNM6IuA87eM

The guitar solo at the end is criminally underrated.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/stereo_williams/status/995501313503965184
I mean I could be the entirety of Angel Dust and most of King for a Day, Fool For A Lifetime and feel confidently right about my dumb 90s music opinions :colbert:

Hell I could every Mr. Bungle album and still be right :smugbert:

Would you throw in Mike Patton's work voicing the Infected in Left 4 Dead? Because drat those noises, especially from the Witch, stayed with me.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

90's had some good poo poo going on

For a child of the 90's who loves music as much as I do, I kick myself for discovering the Manic Street Preachers only a few weeks ago.