Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mowed my lawn today and felt a fleeting sense of accomplishment :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I went to Five Guys for lunch for the first time in awhile, decided to save a buck and order a cheeseburger instead of a bacon cheeseburger.

Hoo boy that was a mistake, it was a soggy and kind of bland mess even with the other toppings. Who would’ve thought a couple slices of bacon would have such a big effect tying it all together.

I like Five Guys but people who talk them up as a GOAT joint have clearly never had Whataburger

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Carl's Jr. is total trash but it's my kind of trash

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just wanna say LOL at Arsenal, the Dolph Ziggler of soccer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Wrong thread

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Venom loving sucks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
After being lukewarm on his solo movie I wasn't expecting to like Strange as much as I did in IW

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just have to say thank you for this thread because I'm not saying there's not a place for stuff like the KSA thread (it's a valuable discussion to have) or to rag on each other but it's nice to have at least one thread that's just us being guys and gals shooting the poo poo who tend to have a fair bit in common rather than being so divisive and argumentative all the time. It's nice. :unsmith:

Same here. I think a lot of us get too caught up in ironyposting/shitposting (guilty as charged) when talking about an inherently absurd thing like pro wrestling, so it's great to have a thread where we can just chill and have some neat conversations about different things.

I mentioned mowing my lawn the other day, but we're still trying to get it under control because this poo poo grows like a Chia Pet during Washington spring rains, and the last time ended up being kind of a mess with the grass too thick and wet for a decent cut. So now that we're in a rare dry spell I went over it again yesterday as kind of a Phase 2, with lower blades, a different pattern, and emptying the bag more regularly, and it came out much better than before.

Now it almost looks as good as the neighbors' yards (most of them -- there's this one neighbor that insists on making their yard look like a golf course and it makes everyone else look bad, but whatever, not a contest) and I wanna keep it that way. Look at Benne here trying to be an honest-to-God landscaper.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Iron Man 3 works way better if you pretend it's a sequel to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

(I love IM3 but I'm also a noted Shane Black mark)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You can pry my DVDs and books from my cold dead hands

I am the old man literally yelling at the cloud

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cartoon All-Stars is such a bizarrely specific time capsule of Reagan/Bush Sr. America

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OldTennisCourt posted:

Streets of Rage 2 has hands down one of the best game soundtracks of all time.

What is everyone's choices there?

For me:

1. Chrono Cross

2. Streets of Rage 2

3. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

4. Sonic 1-3

Madden 04 and MVP Baseball 2005 are the only correct choices

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I probably played the Genesis Aladdin more times than I ever played Sonic as a kid

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've always been a lame-rear end adult who's not cool enough for the big Halloween parties, but marathoning the Evil Dead movies is still a proud tradition I uphold, and I'll be heading to a friend's house afterward to get silly drunk. Pretty excited for tonight.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Crow is 90s as gently caress and still one of my nostalgic faves, no shame in watching it again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
After a few days of Disney+ my big hot take is that A Goofy Movie still loving slaps

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've also been watching Gargoyles again and I don't know how much of it "holds up," but when it comes to tone and writing and the overall melancholy atmosphere, it's unlike anything else Disney TV was doing in the 90s, and I'm kinda shocked at how much they got away with in terms of violence and actual deaths.

However much you want to debate its merits, it's definitely the most unique cartoon they've ever greenlit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Did they put all the racist Disney poo poo in there or just the good Disney poo poo?

If you're talking about poo poo like the crows in Dumbo or the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp, they kept them in and put up a "this might contain culturally outdated depictions" disclaimer. You could argue about whether they went strong enough to condemn it or are just half-assing it to play to the woke crowd, but I honestly prefer that approach over straight-up editing decades-old films. We can't have an honest conversation about racism in society, and the media depictions thereof, especially when it involves the biggest media company of all time, if we pretend the bad stuff never happened.

Speaking of which, Song of the South still doesn't exist in Disney canon.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 16, 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jason X is the best Friday movie fight me on this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The first two Hellraiser movies are really good. The third one is stupid but fun. The fourth one was plagued by production issues (it got hacked up in the editing room and the original director took an Alan Smithee credit in protest) and is a weird mishmash of interesting ideas that never really come together.

Everything after that is complete trash.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hellraiser 2 is good y'all should watch it

And also watch the original if you haven't yet, I think both movies are still on Tubi for free

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Hellraiser sequels ran into the same problem that the Die Hard sequels did, where the studio would just take a random spec script and rewrite it to shoehorn in John McClane and slap "DIE HARD" on the cover.

Like, Hellraiser 5 is just a weird corrupt-cop drama that has nothing to do with the original mythos, moves at a loving snail's pace and is an absolute chore to sit through, and other than the puzzle box being a plot McGuffin, you wouldn't even know it was a Hellraiser movie until Pinhead shows up in the last 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's a Batman hot take: I prefer Jeep Swenson's Bane over Tom Hardy's Bane