Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Haha, big sleepy blep. This is a good thread.

What the gently caress did Giuliani just do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So without spoilers please, though I know IW will hurt me because I love the current crop so much, does it do a good job of making the future seem bright for awesomeness in the MCU?

Tell you this much, when the movie ended I had the absolute hugest grin on my face.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

kitteh I used to have

bleppin like a pro

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jackie D posted:

Ragnarok is up there too

I’m like 90% sure there won’t be another mcu movie that I like as much as I liked Ragnarok. It felt like it was made specifically for me.

I also really liked Docror Strange.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

VJeff posted:

I'd like the MCU a lot more if it didn't undercut its own material so much. You don't gotta wink and nod at the audience so much, sometimes just let heavy moments be heavy.

Amen. I actually felt this a lot with Batista & Friends 2. They wouldn't let up with the jokes for a single fuckin second. (Still liked the movie overall, just could have been better for a few reasons, none of them being Batista because he is :perfect:).

VJeff posted:

It is guilty of the MCU's other major sin though, really lame final battles.

Testify. Doctor Strange probably had my favorite final battle. Totally unlike any of the others.

VJeff posted:

Ragnarok is kinda the perfect MCU movie because it avoids my complaint by going "Uh, yeah, that's the point." It just completely turns into the skid and for that, I respect it.

Also synthwave. And Hulk suplexing a giant loving wolf lmao

gently caress I'm gonna end up watching Thor 3 and Dr. Strange today, aren't I.

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 5, 2018

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Can Taika Waititi direct more MCU movies please, thanks.

And also star in them :xd:

And also more Mark Mothersbaugh.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

we all agreed that deadpool was an awful try-hard turd of a movie yeah?

I'm curious, what expectations did you have before watching a movie called Deadpool?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The only MCU movies I didn’t like were Thor 2: The Dark World and Iron Man 3.

The Dark World has an insanely generic and forgettable villain and Chris Hemsworth didn’t have a strong enough supporting cast outside The Warriors Three to carry the film. Both problems were fixed in Ragnarok which was great.

Iron Man 3 just upset me with the whitewashing of The Mandarin. He was one of my favorite comic villains when I was a kid and one of the few prominent Asian characters I could identify with as a Filipino/Chinese person, and is just part of that generally irritating Hollywood trend. And I LIKE Guy Pearce a lot.

I just thought Iron Man 3 was terrible, ridiculous, boring, pointless garbage. I was surprised to find out anyone liked.

Only part I really remember from Thor 2 was Darcy calling Thor's hammer "mewmew" again, which made me laugh.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hard to believe that in a few years time that young boy became a Jedi master

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

yea ok posted:

star wars

Don't let them end!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

so this friday i have a bbq at work and need excuses to tell a coworker that i dont want to go to the after party without telling him that tomorrow i start a alcoholism treatment and psiquiatric counseling.

excuses...go

explosive diarrhea

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

coconono posted:

wrestling is gay

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It might actually be a UTI. Or chlamydia.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oooooh poo poo we talkin bout cheetahs meowing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2btR9rAcdzo

dis my go-to

e:ahmahgahd I clicked a related video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctq-Gz9r15g

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://cookiegood.com/collections/whats-baking-now

A few of those. Because I have no self control.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

21 Hoot Salute posted:

3 years ago this month I spent way too much money on this forum

It was hilarious though and I don't regret it

4 lyfe

*pointing* YOOOOOOOU!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

fart blood posted:

Hey I have an idea! Let’s roast each other!

Who wants to go first?

This guy fart blood. Literally farts blood!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I have a better idea, let's say nice things about each other :shobon:

This guy, Jerusalem. Literally farts rainbows!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh, I just noticed the date. No wonder I hadn’t heard of this. Unless you drugged and raped like 20 women poo poo didn’t matter pre-Weinstein

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Manafort found guilty of 5 tax fraud charges, 1 charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud.

https://twitter.com/PPVSRB/status/1032005898888245256

WWE Hall of Famer Donald J. Trump not looking too good today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Not while the Republicans are in charge.