Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think more and more people are starting to recognize how truly epic Gen 6 was in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think more and more people are starting to recognize how truly epic Gen 6 was in general.

GameCube and original Xbox were some drat win as well.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
The Saturn - PSX - Dreamcast - PS2 - GameCube - Xbox string of years was God’s Gift to Mankind

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its going to be so weird looking back at gen 8 in ten years and realizing that three unique games got made and all of them were by nintendo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Been saying for years I feel like the Demonius of the PS2 era.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stupid Bitch: Oh my god he's walking! Hes walking! Come look!

ME: What's that? *PS2 bootup sounds heard echoing from my chambers*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ween posted:

The Saturn - PSX - Dreamcast - PS2 - GameCube - Xbox string of years was God’s Gift to Mankind

The best gaming years of my life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wind waker, metroid prime, re4, smash bros melee pre-esports perversion, rogue squadron 2, fzero gx, thousand year door, soulcal 2, just some legendary GOATs off the top of my head on the 'loser' of that gen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I watched those making of videos you unlock after beating God of War and it really makes me miss when video game developers just developed fun cool poo poo that they thought was cool and enjoyed making and playing and didn't have to have a dozen teams around the globe making a AAA game with a big enough budget to finance a small country's school system for the next decade. I miss when game projects were directed by game enthusiasts and not spineless little worm freaks who couldn't make it in Hollywood and decide to make some poor bastards develop their own slow cinematic drudge pile. David Cage and Neil Druckmann, I'm talking about you here! You loving hack losers!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The best gaming years of my life

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Been saying for years I feel like the Demonius of the PS2 era.

That may be your best post.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I watched those making of videos you unlock after beating God of War and it really makes me miss when video game developers just developed fun cool poo poo that they thought was cool and enjoyed making and playing and didn't have to have a dozen teams around the globe making a AAA game with a big enough budget to finance a small country's school system for the next decade. I miss when game projects were directed by game enthusiasts and not spineless little worm freaks who couldn't make it in Hollywood and decide to make some poor bastards develop their own slow cinematic drudge pile. David Cage and Neil Druckmann, I'm talking about you here! You loving hack losers!

Kojima is the only one like that who gets a pass when the revolution happens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ween posted:

Yoko Taro

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ween posted:

The revolution will not be televised... It will be streamed on Twitch.tv, bizznitches.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The revolution will not be televised... It will be streamed on Twitch.tv, bizznitches.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope Ace Combat 0 works for you OP. Some serious adventures to be had with your main man Solo Wing Pixy along side some wtf lore.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It’s amazing the level of quality they were getting out of the PS2 right up to the end. Okami and FF12 were almost unbelievable when they came out.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I miss the gameplay focused games, shipping completed games, no day 1 patches & no DLC personally.

Same here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My copy of Seven Samurai 20XX has arrived.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Check out Armoured Cores if they are your sort of thing. ZOEs too if you haven't played them.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
ZOE 2 is godlike

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

ZOE 2 is godlike

hyped for that in VR

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper