Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Ok, president first, chancellor second. Everything is from memory, but it should be right.

PMush/Byers - drew 2F1L, passed 1F1L, enacted 1L
CapnAndy/kumba - drew 2L1F, passed 2L, enacted 1L
KB/TMM - drew 3F, passed 2F, enacted 1F - investigated RF as fascist
CPig/AA - drew 2F1L, passed either 1L1F or 2F, enacted 1F - conflict - investigated KB as liberal
DB/kumba - drww 2F1L, passed 1L1F, enacted 1L - new shuffle happens after this government.
RF - government denied
Kumba/TMM - drew 2F1L, passed 1L1F, enacted 1L
AA - government denied
TMM/Byers - drew 3F, passed 2F, enacted 1F - special election to Byers
Byers/KB - drew 3F, passed 2F, enacted 1F - assassination incoming.

Now I don't remember all the votes, but notable no votes were by Capn against all of chances. I think PMush and AA have also had notable no votes iirc but I'm not as sure of that.

RF and AA were the no's on the Byers/KB docket.
Think Cap was a no on anything you were up for.

That's all I remember off hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

King Burgundy posted:

I think it is important to put him back into power. He 100% will get a liberal card next pull. There is no way around it. So the chancellor is for sure getting at least 1 L. If TMM is a liberal, he'll be getting 2. If TMM is a fascist, he'll be getting only 1. So our Chancellor choice is super important.
I think I follow your reasoning here RE: a Byers confirmation either way, but there's still the possibility that Byers draws LFF, isn't there? And if he's Hitler, he can windmill slam two Fs and go against any vetos, then he can shoot whoever he wants this AND next time. So he shoots whoever this time, shoots me next time, and Presidency passes to either Andy or you? And with both you and Andy on the possibly Fascist list, that essentially locks us into "gotta trust someone locked out or rely on a topdeck"? It'd be especially easy to justify shooting me since I'm a prime Hitler suspect.

Or am I missing something?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i still stand by my plan of

kumba posted:

if you think i'm hitler, shoot me

if you don't think i'm hitler, vote me after we shoot someone if the game doesn't end and let's win

imo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can you re-explain your logic, kumba? If you get shot and don't flip Hitler, who does that soft confirm?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I think I follow your reasoning here RE: a Byers confirmation either way, but there's still the possibility that Byers draws LFF, isn't there? And if he's Hitler, he can windmill slam two Fs and go against any vetos, then he can shoot whoever he wants this AND next time. So he shoots whoever this time, shoots me next time, and Presidency passes to either Andy or you? And with both you and Andy on the possibly Fascist list, that essentially locks us into "gotta trust someone locked out or rely on a topdeck"? It'd be especially easy to justify shooting me since I'm a prime Hitler suspect.

If he does that then he completely burns himself up to force the game to get to a 4/4 liberal/fascist split with 5F4L policies on the board and a new 8 card deck that has 6F2L in it.

I mean I guess that is worth it but it seems like a stretch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

Well, you are missing a few things.

A) Byers can't shoot anyone this time and still be elected president. He has to listen to who we want this round, and if he does RF, that is one Fascist gone, so we are in decent shape.
B) If he's Hitler, he can absolutely, NEXT round, shoot whoever he wants, but if he does that, then we will KNOW that he is a fascist. That actually helps clear someone TMM, for example. Now, he could shoot TMM, but if we got RF the previous round, at least there is still parity. Also, we have firm confirmation of another fascist which helps clear up others as liberals.
C) I am not a possible Fascist. It's true I was in conflict with RF because I investigated him as Fascist and he claims to not be. But pretty much everyone agrees I'm a probable liberal AND I have an investigation confirmation from Cpig. If I'm a fascist, Cpig has to 100% be a fascist as well. The only scenario that anyone could posit that made this make sense was if I was Hitler. And we have confirmation I'm not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TMMadman posted:

If he does that then he completely burns himself up to force the game to get to a 4/4 liberal/fascist split with 5F4L policies on the board and a new 8 card deck that has 6F2L in it.

I mean I guess that is worth it but it seems like a stretch.
I think it makes a reasonable gamble if he can't otherwise guarantee us putting a Fascist in power. With a 6F2L, we are in incredible danger of an FFF draw, or an FFL draw and being wrong on someone's alignment.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that soft confirms TMM i think?

unless you think i'm a regular fash, you'd know i was telling the truth about what i discarded and passed to TMM, who then enacted an L

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Well, you are missing a few things.

A) Byers can't shoot anyone this time and still be elected president. He has to listen to who we want this round, and if he does RF, that is one Fascist gone, so we are in decent shape.
B) If he's Hitler, he can absolutely, NEXT round, shoot whoever he wants, but if he does that, then we will KNOW that he is a fascist. That actually helps clear someone TMM, for example. Now, he could shoot TMM, but if we got RF the previous round, at least there is still parity. Also, we have firm confirmation of another fascist which helps clear up others as liberals.
C) I am not a possible Fascist. It's true I was in conflict with RF because I investigated him as Fascist and he claims to not be. But pretty much everyone agrees I'm a probable liberal AND I have an investigation confirmation from Cpig. If I'm a fascist, Cpig has to 100% be a fascist as well. The only scenario that anyone could posit that made this make sense was if I was Hitler. And we have confirmation I'm not.
Okay, then how about this.

Byers shoots anyone. We pass his next government. Then we are guaranteed to get either you or me as President.

Hell, gently caress it. If I get shot, still pass Byers and then KB is president and we're in good shape for KB picking a townie chancellor and winning.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or if you think that the deck really is FLL, pass Byers and then either I or KB are forced to pass an L, and if try to nominate someone who's either Fascist or Hitler, veto. Either way, as long as one of KB or I lives, we win, but that's only possible if we don't let Byers take two shots.

Basically no matter what the situation, if either KB or I get shot, please loving please do not give Byers another one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Another thought:

If TMM is the fascist of the Byers/TMM pairing, then Kumba is not hitler. No way no how. Otherwise TMM wouldn't have tried to hard to get him investigated. So if Byers does something crazy that outs him as the for sure fascist in that pairing, we learn that Kumba is liberal 100%.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Another thought:

If TMM is the fascist of the Byers/TMM pairing, then Kumba is not hitler. No way no how. Otherwise TMM wouldn't have tried to hard to get him investigated. So if Byers does something crazy that outs him as the for sure fascist in that pairing, we learn that Kumba is liberal 100%.

Er, no. I thought this through really badly. If Byers clears TMM, it doesn't clear Kumba. It's only if we think Byers is the liberal in the pairing that Kumba is cleared. Nevermind me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And absolute worst case scenario with Hitler Byers and neither KB or, a triple veto puts us on a 1/3 to win on raw topdeck, which is still better odds than a Fascist president with a 6F2L deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Neither KB or I as president.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here is my absolute hell scenario: Byers is president twice, shoots two Liberals, then we're 4/4 with a 6F2L deck. But that can only happen if we let Byers shoot twice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also KB, do you think there is anyway both me and Byers are fascist?

Remember, if I'm the next chancellor for Byers then I will have seen 7 of the 12 cards in the deck and Byers will have seen 8 of 12. We will have both seen 4 of the same cards.

If there's a conflict then it will absolutely require Byers to say he passed 1L1F.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I really need to know Byers alignment for a lot of this analysis.

So we'll see who he shoots. If he shoots RF, then I'm good to elect him to help confirm alignments further. But really need to pick a chancellor that will help provide further clarification.

Can't be TMM. We need a different set of eyes on these last cards.

Ideally it would be someone we don't think is partners with TMM if he's fascist. I think this is where I was going with my Kumba thoughts. If TMM is fascist, then Kumba is not. So if both TMM and Kumba say Byers is lying after this next presidency, it would prove Byers is the liar.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Also KB, do you think there is anyway both me and Byers are fascist?

Remember, if I'm the next chancellor for Byers then I will have seen 7 of the 12 cards in the deck and Byers will have seen 8 of 12. We will have both seen 4 of the same cards.

If there's a conflict then it will absolutely require Byers to say he passed 1L1F.

No, doesn't seem especially likely. We already know 2 of the fascists are outside you two. Your play doesn't make a ton of sense for me if you are the other two.

But as I said, leaving it to just you two just makes it a 2 person he said/she said. Who do we believe of you two if it is just you two?

We need another party involved. Then it is Byers word vs both your word and the third persons word. If there is a conflict.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If Byers IS Lib, can't he elect KB? I'm willing to call KB soft confirmed if I'm understanding everything right. His term limit restriction will be gone and we know he's not Hitler.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

If Byers IS Lib, can't he elect KB? I'm willing to call KB soft confirmed if I'm understanding everything right. His term limit restriction will be gone and we know he's not Hitler.

I'm term limited. I was just chancellor with him on this presidency.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I really need to know Byers alignment for a lot of this analysis.

So we'll see who he shoots. If he shoots RF, then I'm good to elect him to help confirm alignments further. But really need to pick a chancellor that will help provide further clarification.

Can't be TMM. We need a different set of eyes on these last cards.

Ideally it would be someone we don't think is partners with TMM if he's fascist. I think this is where I was going with my Kumba thoughts. If TMM is fascist, then Kumba is not. So if both TMM and Kumba say Byers is lying after this next presidency, it would prove Byers is the liar.

I feel like electing kumba as chancellor is the same thing as electing me since the three people who have had most of the power this deck have been me/ kumba/Byers.

And I'm still concerned that kumba is Hitler.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I feel like electing kumba as chancellor is the same thing as electing me since the three people who have had most of the power this deck have been me/ kumba/Byers.

And I'm still concerned that kumba is Hitler.

This is fairish. It is just extremely unlikely that kumba drew 2L on that first draw right?

I'm willing to consider someone else. Kumba was just an obvious choice because you can't be fascists together. That makes for an extremely valuable sanity check.

I'm a bit concerned that you don't seem to be seeing my logic about needing the third party though. This should be super obvious. Think it through.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I'm term limited. I was just chancellor with him on this presidency.
:doh:

Okay, okay. As long as both I and KB aren't dead, KB can win us the game as pres with a good chancellor choice.

We can talk more as long as I live but if I die, pass up Byers and let President King win us the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This is fairish. It is just extremely unlikely that kumba drew 2L on that first draw right?

I'm willing to consider someone else. Kumba was just an obvious choice because you can't be fascists together. That makes for an extremely valuable sanity check.

I'm a bit concerned that you don't seem to be seeing my logic about needing the third party though. This should be super obvious. Think it through.

No I see it but because I KNOW I'm a liberal, it turns that situation into me wondering about 2 people instead of absolutely knowing about 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd go for Cpig as chancellor I guess.

I'm not 100% on him, but the fact that he confirmed me as Liberal helps his status in my eyes. And AA has been all over the place in his views which lowers his status.

I also still think there is like 0% chance that a Hitler Cpig caused that conflict with AA by lying about cards. So electing him won't end the game like it would if we choose wrongly with Kumba/DB/or the like.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

No I see it but because I KNOW I'm a liberal, it turns that situation into me wondering about 2 people instead of absolutely knowing about 1.

Hmmm, no, I don't think so.

If you know you are liberal and know you didn't ditch a card, then you should be expecting Byers to draw two L cards this next go, right?

So then if Byers said he only got 1L, you should already know he's lying, for sure. And him getting 1L is the only way we don't pass a liberal policy for sure, right? Since if he gets 2L, he'll pass them both if he's liberal.

You should know emphatically the alignment of 2 players rather than just 1, after this next election if we elect someone with him that isn't you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

I'd go for Cpig as chancellor I guess.

I'm not 100% on him, but the fact that he confirmed me as Liberal helps his status in my eyes. And AA has been all over the place in his views which lowers his status.

I also still think there is like 0% chance that a Hitler Cpig caused that conflict with AA by lying about cards. So electing him won't end the game like it would if we choose wrongly with Kumba/DB/or the like.

I've been all over the place because nothing is confirmed. Look, Pig is bad.

And Mush's play lately has been worse.

Mush literally cannot be reading the thread. How do you not understand that Pig and I were opposed???

They hedge on me as maybe Fascist, but Pig in the fascist camp, is that not suspicious to anyone else???

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I've been all over the place because nothing is confirmed. Look, Pig is bad.

And Mush's play lately has been worse.

Mush literally cannot be reading the thread. How do you not understand that Pig and I were opposed???

They hedge on me as maybe Fascist, but Pig in the fascist camp, is that not suspicious to anyone else???

Honestly? I'm starting to think maybe I was wrong on Pmush. This feels like a lot of effort to go to, to pretend to be wrong on various things over and over. Surely any fascist player, even Hitler, wouldn't play like this?

I know I have to be wrong on one of Pmush/Cap, if one of TMM/Byers ends up being a fascist. Right now I'm leaning towards Pmush as the one I was wrong about.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I even shave with Hanlon's Razor. :j:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapnAndy posted:

What does it do to the numbers if you shoot a liberal, though?
Hey so this seems super important to me and it never got an answer? If shooting a fascist doesn't change the vote but shooting a liberal does, then the logic of "killing an obvious fash is a waste of a bullet" doesn't hold up at all.
[/quote]

Actually, your right, removing a liberal would mean they only need to flip one.

Also, I'm not going to throw out two names, shoot one and nominate the other. My shoot and nominate possibilities have zero overlap.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Look, just shoot whoever said buried an F who you think is most likely to be Hitler. That's more info to go on if you're wrong. And if you're right, great, we win.

So, I'm shooting RF or PMush...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Something needs to happen, until it does I proclaim this to be the national anthem of Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrqBNfc3jpE

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

No it doesn't since a regular fascist DB would have also discarded 1L if he drew 2L1F and then lied about it.

You're not making sense and it feels like you want to get DB killed.

I don't think she wants DB dead so much as she wants the kill pointed away from her. Remember, the only thing she contributed to this game was a chain investigation that would, coincidently, keep the investigation away from her. And when we talked about investigating her or me prior to a nomination, she went radio silent despite campaigning for the nomination prior to that.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

TMM, fyi, still want an answer/some thought on this too.

Just FYI, I don't want TMM as Chancellor in my next government.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, caught up.

##kill RF

Still see PMush as top Hitler choice, but not certain enough to pull that trigger.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 24, 2018

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Retro Futurist was not Hitler. May he rest in peace.

Fall 1932

Game status:

3 cards in the policy deck
6 cards in the discard pile

4 Fascist policies passed
4 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman

Previous administration was Byers2142 and King Burgundy

Nomination deadline: 27tt May, 16:00 GMT.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
IMO, the only legit choices for chancellor are me and, surprisingly, probably one of either CapnAndy or PMush. I might be able to get behind a DB nom, but I'm wary about it.

Here's my problem, I just can't trust that a Hitler Byers didn't pass a fascist KB a choice which would also make CPig a fascist. Or a regular fascist Byers didn't force a fascist policy on a liberal KB which would leave CPig up in the air.

I am terrified that kumba is Hitler. I don't know if that's a fear shared by others. I'm a little worried that DB could be Hitler, but I still think he's probably the most likely to be liberal right now. I can't trust AA.

I mean I can't really trust PMush or Capn either, but I think I'm more willing to give one of them a chance than I am to give one to AA

• Locked thread