Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jesus, remind me to never have a board game night with you people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm wondering if the cucu/pre-cucu strategy should be used here. That would mean KB investigates DB, Cpig makes DB his chancellor and then DB makes KB his chancellor. This should force any fascist to fake liberal or out themselves and the chances of all three of them being facist seems unlikely.

Theoretically that should get us to 4L1S since DB would presumably be investigated as liberal and then provide a backup check on KB. The danger would be if KB and DB are fascists together.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

Jesus, remind me to never have a board game night with you people.

Rofl, this would obviously be way different in RL where people are sitting there and can yay or nay quickly.

But just like mafia on a message board, it is like herding cats to get everyone to comment on everything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I'm wondering if the cucu/pre-cucu strategy should be used here. That would mean KB investigates DB, Cpig makes DB his chancellor and then DB makes KB his chancellor. This should force any fascist to fake liberal or out themselves and the chances of all three of them being facist seems unlikely.

Theoretically that should get us to 4L1S since DB would presumably be investigated as liberal and then provide a backup check on KB. The danger would be if KB and DB are fascists together.

I was sort of assuming we'd be doing something like this regardless of who I picked. Like in the RF example, if he investigates liberal, Pig should draft him as his chancellor.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##investigate RF

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

King Burgundy posted:

Rofl, this would obviously be way different in RL where people are sitting there and can yay or nay quickly.

But just like mafia on a message board, it is like herding cats to get everyone to comment on everything.

Hahaha I wish, there's a guy I often play Resistance/SH with who always goes on about the mathematically perfect way to nominate people. I've started voting against whatever he proposes every time he uses the word "algorithm"

Dancer
May 23, 2011
On phone so no effort post. KB was given the investigation result, new day can start

Dancer
May 23, 2011
On phone so no effort post. KB was given the investigation result, new day can start. Nomination deadline in 72 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dancer posted:

Game status:

8 cards in the policy deck
6 cards in the discard pile

1 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy

Previous administration was King Burgundy and TMMadman.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oops, meant to add that the above should be the current situation with no addition given information. I just quoted Dancer from the start of the investigation period and stripped out the extra words.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Welp. Rf is a fascist.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Welp. Rf is a fascist.

:siren:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So we now know for sure that either KingB or RF is a fascist.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Or both, but for now we wait on a word from RF?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Yah, that is really good to know.

So who do we think is good for chancellor this go round?

Let us discuss.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Or both, but for now we wait on a word from RF?

Not really sure what you’re looking for here. I’m a liberal so KB is a bad guy, but it’s not like I’d admit it if I were bad so it’s literally my word against his until we get that second investigation done

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

So who do we think is good for chancellor this go round?

Let us discuss.

Should be me. I kind of have to pick a liberal policy now, even if I was a fascist.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I really would have preferred a liberal result personally. So were the folks pointing away from rf as their first choice his buddies? Would they be that obvious?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

Should be me. I kind of have to pick a liberal policy now, even if I was a fascist.

This is utter nonsense. Obviously RF should not be chosen. Probably strategy would dictate that I am also locked out from any admin until we have more info.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm...well this is certainly interesting information and I'm going to have to ponder it for a bit.

On the surface, I think I'm more willing to believe KB than RF but that is mostly just a gut call. Plus, a fascist KB could have claimed that he gave me a choice and then used the investigation to claim someone was a fascist and thus lock two people besides himself out of government until things got resolved. And while the chances might be low, there is still the possibility that KB gets investigated before an RF presidency opportunity which would essentially ruin this whole play unless one of CPig/DB is also a fascist.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As for the Chancellor recommendations. I would suggest one of AA, kumba or me. AA hasn't been in government yet (neither has DB, but he's next up for President) and both kumba and I weren't given choices, so we should be able to get information from any of those choices.

I'm not sure I'd want to try either PMush or CapnAndy until after a reshuffle, but I think I trust PMush maybe a little bit more right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, and Byers...I'm not sure what to think about Byers just yet, but I'm not sure I want to give him a shot again just yet either.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

As for the Chancellor recommendations. I would suggest one of AA, kumba or me. AA hasn't been in government yet (neither has DB, but he's next up for President) and both kumba and I weren't given choices, so we should be able to get information from any of those choices.

I'm not sure I'd want to try either PMush or CapnAndy until after a reshuffle, but I think I trust PMush maybe a little bit more right now.

I am inclined to say AA or kumba

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Retro Futurist posted:

RF you're rad and I love you, but I'm going to vote against any government containing you or KB from now on.

The nice thing about this being not mafia is that we don't really have to guess which one, we can just contain both.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Suppose that's fair.

Also thanks I love you too.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just reposting with deadline.

Game status:

8 cards in the policy deck
6 cards in the discard pile

1 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy

Previous administration was King Burgundy and TMMadman.

CapitalistPig must nominate a player by May 13th, 23:00 GMT.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I would nominate me for chancellor.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

lol nice try

i think i believe KB especially after this post

CapitalistPig posted:

I am inclined to say AA or kumba

i'm down for that, i dont have a good read on AA so would be nice to have some info

right now my Secret Hitler Lumpen List looks like

totally liberal: myself, tmm
probably liberal: kb, andy
neutral: cpig, AA, pmush, DB
probably fash: byers
totally fash: rf

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with AA or Kumba.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

lol nice try

i think i believe KB especially after this post

i'm down for that, i dont have a good read on AA so would be nice to have some info

right now my Secret Hitler Lumpen List looks like

totally liberal: myself, tmm
probably liberal: kb, andy
neutral: cpig, AA, pmush, DB
probably fash: byers
totally fash: rf

I'm about to start driving to Milwaukee today so I probably won't be posting much during work hours today, but I'm a little surprised to see that you've listed me as totally liberal. I mean it's right of course, but you may be the lone person in the thread thinking it. I would have expected to see myself in the neutral category.

I also disagree about CapnAndy, but that's because I'm a little paranoid. I'd rank him at neutral too.

Although thinking about it, I'm not sure I have anyone I think is totally liberal yet. I think the highest I'm willing to go is to mark you as probably liberal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I forgot that I was term limited earlier, so yeah the chancellor basically has to be one of AA/kumba.

I'm still trying to decide which way I think is best.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
We have four fascists, right? Including Hitler?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

We have four fascists, right? Including Hitler?

That's right. 3 regular fascists + Secret Hitler

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

TMMadman posted:

That's right. 3 regular fascists + Secret Hitler
Okay, then no reason to sit on this any longer, because I'm not confident in my Hitler-finding abilities.

I'm pretty sure that the remaining two regular fascists are PMush and TMM. PMush is mostly a gut read; I remember that she reacted to or explained something about her Presidency that struck me as immediately suspicious, but I've forgoten exactly what it is. She's done nothing since to allay my suspicions.

TMM is a bit more obvious of a case, I think. He's been talking and talking and talking and yet somehow it all always adds up to very little; he advocates bad plans and goes inquisitorial about why people won't immediately fall in line with them and yet doesn't defend the plans all that fiercely when pushed back, and always seems to have two opinions and three possibilities about any one subject.

I'll be voting no if either of them is made Chancellor, and also would obviously prefer the next investigation to be one of them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey CapnAndy, what do you think of kumba saying I'm totally liberal?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, then no reason to sit on this any longer, because I'm not confident in my Hitler-finding abilities.

I'm pretty sure that the remaining two regular fascists are PMush and TMM. PMush is mostly a gut read; I remember that she reacted to or explained something about her Presidency that struck me as immediately suspicious, but I've forgoten exactly what it is. She's done nothing since to allay my suspicions.

TMM is a bit more obvious of a case, I think. He's been talking and talking and talking and yet somehow it all always adds up to very little; he advocates bad plans and goes inquisitorial about why people won't immediately fall in line with them and yet doesn't defend the plans all that fiercely when pushed back, and always seems to have two opinions and three possibilities about any one subject.

I'll be voting no if either of them is made Chancellor, and also would obviously prefer the next investigation to be one of them.

Cool. So TMM and Pmush are liberal unless you are double bluffing us. Got it. :)

My strongest fascist reads are the obvious RF and the obvious to me CapnAndy.

One thing I'll bring up on Capn, is notice how unwilling he was to name specific names about who to investigate yesterday when I called him out. He just "liked the direction" we were going in, despite it being counter to what he initially wanted.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
my read on TMM is gut based on games we've played together in the past

CapnAndy posted:

this is TMM as a person, not necessarily TMM as a fascist. his wordiness, convoluted and wandering as it may be, is much more in line with his good guy play imo. i would expect him to be much more reserved if he were fash

could be hitler, i guess, but i dont see TMM as a general fash

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Hey CapnAndy, what do you think of kumba saying I'm totally liberal?
He's guessing in good faith and I think he's reading you wrong. It happens! One of us is wrong, but we're both trying.

King Burgundy posted:

One thing I'll bring up on Capn, is notice how unwilling he was to name specific names about who to investigate yesterday when I called him out. He just "liked the direction" we were going in, despite it being counter to what he initially wanted.
Jesus Christ dude, I'm more on your side than RF's, but you gotta knock off the blatant misrepresentations. I had a specific name I wanted investigated -- CPig, because he'd be President next. When it became obvious I wasn't getting that but would get someone who'd be President soon, I called it good enough. It's entirely in character with what I wanted, I just... compromised? That is also a thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

He's guessing in good faith and I think he's reading you wrong. It happens! One of us is wrong, but we're both trying.

Jesus Christ dude, I'm more on your side than RF's, but you gotta knock off the blatant misrepresentations. I had a specific name I wanted investigated -- CPig, because he'd be President next. When it became obvious I wasn't getting that but would get someone who'd be President soon, I called it good enough. It's entirely in character with what I wanted, I just... compromised? That is also a thing.

I mean look, if I end up being wrong, I'll apologize after. But I don't think I am. In Social Deduction games, when people avoid making calls on specific people, they are hiding something. Almost everyone else was willing to make a call on someone specific in the near president list who they preferred. You on the other hand, just said you were good with whatever. Yes, changing from must be Pig, to someone else would be compromise. My problem is you didn't call out someone specific you preferred of the other choices.

Nothing about this is me representing you. This is what you actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I mean look, if I end up being wrong, I'll apologize after. But I don't think I am. In Social Deduction games, when people avoid making calls on specific people, they are hiding something. Almost everyone else was willing to make a call on someone specific in the near president list who they preferred. You on the other hand, just said you were good with whatever. Yes, changing from must be Pig, to someone else would be compromise. My problem is you didn't call out someone specific you preferred of the other choices.

Nothing about this is me representing you. This is what you actually did.
Fucksakes, man. Go back and look at what I said to you, literally yesterday. I'm sorry if I didn't call a specific name to your satisfaction, but my entire philosophy of who to investigate was not based on specific loving people I cannot make this clearer. If CPig wasn't President next, I wouldn't have wanted to investigate him. I wanted to investigate The Next President, I couldn't get that, but I got Someone Who'll Be President Soon and called it a good compromise.

I'm done repeating myself on this, you can either understand it or not. I have no smaller words to put it in.

actual edit: I quoted my own posts and then remembered that wasn't an okay thing to do.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 11, 2018

• Locked thread