Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm sorry I did not type out in full "I wish you were a fascist, because I do not believe you are, and my personal dislike of how you've played this game in general and treated me in particular does not mean I will fall into the trap of believing everyone who was mean to me is scum, but it is a shame because being a fascist would excuse the actions which I am personally hurt over, whereas if you are a liberal (as I believe you are) you have behaved extremely badly and I intend to call you on it in detail once I can quote my old posts and you cannot claim I am a fascist because we will all have cardflipped and there will be hard proof that I am a liberal". I assumed that context was still a thing. That was apparently my mistake.

Is there anyone in this game who would, in fact, like me to keep trying to post? I can just show up for votes if 100% of you are convinced I'm a fascist (hint for the liberals: if 100% of the game is convinced I'm a fascist, that means I'm not one, but you guys do you, as you always do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you do understand that we're supposed to analyze your words in this game of words, right

getting this bent out of shape for someone calling you out on your word choice is a bit silly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m never a fan of gotcha cases, seems a little too neat and tidy for me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
only a sith deals in absolutes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

yeah i think ive only seen one genuine scumslip in many years of mafia and mafialikes

the reaction to it is just as bad if not worse than the slip itself tho imho

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

kumba posted:

you do understand that we're supposed to analyze your words in this game of words, right

getting this bent out of shape for someone calling you out on your word choice is a bit silly
I'm really, really sick of it.

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, catching up between meetings at work...

King Burgundy posted:

Pmush really wanted to emphasize this some more. It's important we discount the probable liberal Cpig's results. ;)

My list remains unchanged. RF, Cap, AA, Pmush are the bads.
This matches my list still as well.
OMG BYERS HOW WOULD YOU KNOW UNLESS YOU YOURSELF ARE THE BADS CHECK OUT MY VERY GOOD CASE EVERYONE

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

I'm sorry I did not type out in full "I wish you were a fascist, because I do not believe you are, and my personal dislike of how you've played this game in general and treated me in particular does not mean I will fall into the trap of believing everyone who was mean to me is scum, but it is a shame because being a fascist would excuse the actions which I am personally hurt over, whereas if you are a liberal (as I believe you are) you have behaved extremely badly and I intend to call you on it in detail once I can quote my old posts and you cannot claim I am a fascist because we will all have cardflipped and there will be hard proof that I am a liberal". I assumed that context was still a thing. That was apparently my mistake.

Is there anyone in this game who would, in fact, like me to keep trying to post? I can just show up for votes if 100% of you are convinced I'm a fascist (hint for the liberals: if 100% of the game is convinced I'm a fascist, that means I'm not one, but you guys do you, as you always do).

I'm not 100% on you. If you are liberal, you should keep making your viewpoints known so we can adjust if need be. Also, try to sell us on the things you think we are wrong on whenever you can.

Like, I shouldn't have to say that. But here we are.

Any Liberal who isn't fighting for their views could lose us the game.

---

But fyi, 100% of the game doesn't think you are a fascist. Or certainly didn't. So that is a false narrative. For example, here is AA's lumpen list:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Libs
AA
RF
Capn
Pmush
Byers
KB
Kumba
TMM
Pig
Fascist

With one of the bottom 4 for hitler.

I probably left someone out.

You were very much on AA's most liberal section just a bit earlier.

And here is RF just now:

Retro Futurist posted:

And of course, Pmush refuses to put herself on the record really, so no telling how she feels about you. But pretty sure she also thought you were the liberal in our argument a few days ago or whatever, she was just calling you kumba for some reason.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

But fyi, 100% of the game doesn't think you are a fascist. Or certainly didn't. So that is a false narrative. For example, here is AA's lumpen list:
Yeah but everyone seemed to be buying byers' gotcha, that's why I'm checking again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kumba posted:

yeah i think ive only seen one genuine scumslip in many years of mafia and mafialikes

the reaction to it is just as bad if not worse than the slip itself tho imho

I've seen a couple. It's funny that RF says it is too neat and tidy considering one of the actual scum slips I've seen in a game was by him. :) So I know he knows they exist.

Having said that, I'm not really confident it was a slip either. I think he's a fascist for other reasons, I'm discounting the slip.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

OMG BYERS HOW WOULD YOU KNOW UNLESS YOU YOURSELF ARE THE BADS CHECK OUT MY VERY GOOD CASE EVERYONE

these aren't even remotely the same thing as what you did

your thing is far from a slam dunk but the way you're responding to it reads as an overly emotional response to making a mistake

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Even though I suspect Cap may be a fascist, I will say that he made that post after CPigs investigation result. So it could be taking Cpig at his word, it could be a fascist slip or it could even be a fascist Cap covering for a fascist CPig and trying to make us believe that KB is a liberal.

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah but everyone seemed to be buying byers' gotcha, that's why I'm checking again.

I had the above posted before you made your first response to Byers. I thought I hit post but didn't so here it is.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not 100% on you. If you are liberal, you should keep making your viewpoints known so we can adjust if need be. Also, try to sell us on the things you think we are wrong on whenever you can.

Like, I shouldn't have to say that. But here we are.

Any Liberal who isn't fighting for their views could lose us the game.

---

You were very much on AA's most liberal section just a bit earlier.

And here is RF just now:

And of course, Pmush refuses to put herself on the record really, so no telling how she feels about you. But pretty sure she also thought you were the liberal in our argument a few days ago or whatever, she was just calling you kumba for some reason.

That was me actually

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

kumba posted:

these aren't even remotely the same thing as what you did

your thing is far from a slam dunk but the way you're responding to it reads as an overly emotional response to making a mistake
Have I not been coming off emotional beforehand? I've been on my last nerve for a while now and I thought I was being pretty clear about that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
gonna be honest i barely skimmed the pages your slap fight was on with whoever that was

what i did read did not seem nearly as emotional as today, no

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
it's a good point byers calls out, but I too don't think it was necessarily a slip.

It is :eyepop: worthy though lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:cripes:

I'm going to go get dental surgery, can't post the rest of the day. See y'all later. Hope you're right about kumba.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapnAndy posted:

You asked for someone to make a case based on your actual words. So I did exactly what you asked; I read your posts from yesterday and today.

Yes, it's clear you were getting aggravated by KB and TMM casing you. So much so that during the time right around that post it read as though you were posting rapidly from the heart, more so than from the head. You clearly seemed aggrieved by KB's case and posting, and read like someone annoyed that you were being cased for what you considered as a bad reason.

I've been there as scum in mafia. You want to tell them that they've got the right conclusion for all the wrong reasons. You want them to feel shame for what you see as bad play on their part. You feel almost powerless because you can't fight logic you believe in your heart to be bad.

Most scumslips aren't. Those that are happen due to carelessness. You were just posting from your heart, you were frustrated, and that combination can lead to recklessness. I think it did in this case; I think all of that frustration, that desire for someone to play liberal the way you thought it should be played, led to a poor post, one that revealed more than you intended.

Anyway, I know a lot of people tend to ignore or downplay scumslip cases just because of how often they are wrong, and I know this conversation likely will just keep spiraling around without having a satisfying conclusion. I said I'd hammer tonight if no one else had.

##vote yes

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Phonepost: a Liberal policy has been passed.
Retro Futurist is next in line to be President. Deadline is May 19th, 02:00 GMT.
Note that there are two cards left in the draw pile, so a reshuffle will happen before the next government.

(OP temporarily out of date)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Yes, it's clear you were getting aggravated by KB and TMM casing you. So much so that during the time right around that post it read as though you were posting rapidly from the heart, more so than from the head. You clearly seemed aggrieved by KB's case and posting, and read like someone annoyed that you were being cased for what you considered as a bad reason.
Right analysis. Wrong alignment. Don't know what to tell you.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
we did it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hurrah.

It should go without saying, but I'll obviously be voting no on the RF presidency.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

we did it

So what did you get?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i got 1 and 1

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

i got 1 and 1

can confirm

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
kumba looks a lot better in my book

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

i got 1 and 1

Hmm....then I would guess that the count was probably right through the deck. I'd still like to know what DB pulled though.

PMush/Byers - 2F1L
CapnAndy/kumba - 1F2L
KB/TMM - 3F
CPig/AA - 2F1L (The dispute is whether CPig passed 2F or AA picked fascist when given a choice
DB/kumba - ? (1F1L passed)

But since we saw at least 5 of the liberal cards, the only place for the 6th card to be is in the KB discard or in the remaining cards.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
DB, did you get 2 liberal cards or just the one?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

DB, did you get 2 liberal cards or just the one?

just the one

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hmm....then I would guess that the count was probably right through the deck. I'd still like to know what DB pulled though.

PMush/Byers - 2F1L
CapnAndy/kumba - 1F2L
KB/TMM - 3F
CPig/AA - 2F1L (The dispute is whether CPig passed 2F or AA picked fascist when given a choice
DB/kumba - ? (1F1L passed)

But since we saw at least 5 of the liberal cards, the only place for the 6th card to be is in the KB discard or in the remaining cards.

I mean, technically there are a lot of other possibilities, including Pmush got an extra one. But I agree the most likely thing is that the count was right on this first pass.

What is interesting, is unless we get 3 failed in a row during this next shuffle, we'll see all the cards this round. Since we are starting at 12 cards.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, technically there are a lot of other possibilities, including Pmush got an extra one. But I agree the most likely thing is that the count was right on this first pass.

What is interesting, is unless we get 3 failed in a row during this next shuffle, we'll see all the cards this round. Since we are starting at 12 cards.

Yeah, I guess it could be that PMush discarded it, but it didn't seem likely.

Anyway, I'm thinking RF should just go ahead and nominate whomever he wants whenever he wants since he's in conflict and I think we are all in agreement that we are skipping him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, fine, I was wrong. Good job, guys.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there any point in discussing stuff or should I just nominate someone?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just go for it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Is there any point in discussing stuff or should I just nominate someone?

Yeah just go for it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Libs
AA 
Pmush
Kb
DB
Kumba
Byers
Capn
TMM
RF
Pig
Fascist

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am offended that i am that low on your list

i am also surprised to see pmush that high on your list

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I would probably place you in her position. Its a gut call mostly

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

I would probably place you in her position.

then why didn't you????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Libs
AA 
Pmush
Kb
DB
Kumba
Byers
Capn
TMM
RF
Pig
Fascist

The only way to put me that low is because you are a fascist or because you are just being oblivious.

AA, if i was acting this exact same way in mafia would be calling me scum?

• Locked thread