Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean tbf "probably" means that the people listed could still be hitler or bad, I'm not saying those people are definitely that thing , it just means they seem more likely to be liberal, for you and byers though I probably should have made another category in between probably liberal and probably fascist that just said ??? because that probably more accurately describes my feelings.

Yeah I understood the list was slightly fluid. I was just trying to express that the 6 people you had liberal/probably liberal were the same people I had on my list in similar positions. For example, I know I'm. 100% liberal but don't know that about you/KB but was thinking you were both probably liberal before the Byers government went fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I was just trying to express that the 6 people you had liberal/probably liberal were the same people I had on my list in similar positions.

Ok and? That's how I feel about the game currently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think what he's trying to say is that it assumes flawless judgment, and we need to examine who we might be wrong about.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I think what he's trying to say is that it assumes flawless judgment, and we need to examine who we might be wrong about.

A brilliant light shines down on AA.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i consider the likelihood of cpig being a regular fash to be low. cpig is likely either liberal or hitler, and i think he's significantly more likely to be liberal than hitler, so

##vote yes

with byers up for pres again next turn who will likely just nominate cpig again if this fails and a pmush presidency afterwards, i figure we might as well take the gamble now instead of delaying it

i don't feel super great about this but whatever, i'm hoping this ends the game one way or another so we can talk about it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

kumba posted:

i consider the likelihood of cpig being a regular fash to be low. cpig is likely either liberal or hitler, and i think he's significantly more likely to be liberal than hitler, so

##vote yes

with byers up for pres again next turn who will likely just nominate cpig again if this fails and a pmush presidency afterwards, i figure we might as well take the gamble now instead of delaying it

i don't feel super great about this but whatever, i'm hoping this ends the game one way or another so we can talk about it

Wooooooowwww

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i admit i'm not super engaged in this as this has taken a lot longer to play out than i thought, but them's the ropes and i have a full memorial day weekend and a tropical storm headed my way literally right now so :shrug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Well yeah, obviously.

Thats why it was just a chart of my current feelings towards the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think KB and I are the only two who haven't voted.

And I think the votes are

NO:
AA, Pmush, DB

YES:
Byers, Capn, Cpig, kumba

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

I think KB and I are the only two who haven't voted.

And I think the votes are

NO:
AA, Pmush, DB

YES:
Byers, Capn, Cpig, kumba

are you sure about capt?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
nevermind me I found capt's vote.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dick Bastardly posted:

are you sure about capt?
That is how I voted.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's a really interesting grouping of people.

I feel like I'm looking at one group that is all liberal and one that is all fascist and I really can't decide which is which.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think you are correct about the vote count tmm, sir.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If that group of 4 is somehow 3 fascists and 1 liberal then we may be in trouble since it might mean KB is a fascist.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
tmm, where do you sit with cpig?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm sorry if it's not plainly obvious to me as I have quite a backlog of reading to do.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey folks, a quick note and apology: Ever since the game started I've made small mistakes, that made me nervous because I know how careful you folks are with rules all the time, and that made me make some bigger mistakes, that made me more nervous, etc. I will obviously continue with the game, and there will be a post-morten, but I wanted to say sorry for the mess.

Technically, the deadline for a vote was supposed to be 24h after nomination, which I'm sure I've said somewhere, but I see now I've never placed in the OP and that was stupid. I'm going to just let the vote continue for now, with the deadline just being 24h after the original nomination deadline.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How long do we have until deadline?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Looong time. 16:00 GMT 28th May.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

How long do we have until deadline?

I mean the deadline for the nom isn't until the 27th, but I don't think either KB or I will let it go on that long.

Honestly, I'm mostly just waiting to see if KB has anything to say.

I am still very torn and trying to decide in my head. I really want to believe that it's just easy and the 4 people currently voting for CPig are the liberals and go with it, but at the same time I'm just so spooked by the fact that we didn't win last round that I just keep thinking those 4 are the fascists. Or rather at least 3 of them are fascists because I can't figure out the KB/RF part.

The four people currently voting CPig can't actually all be fascist because that would mean KB was lying about RF. I think it would be kumba who would be the liberal in that group if that was the case, but if it is then we are screwed when KB comes in to vote. But KB said he was thinking about voting no to the CPig nom depending on the votes.

And then the DB vote for no is also kind of throwing me because I really think he's a liberal based on that way the game shook out turn his Presidency, but he's also voting with 2 people who could both easily be fascist. So is he also a fascist and those three (plus a now dead RF) are just hoping that me/KB get paranoid over the unlucky draw?

This game is like way more nervewracking for being run over days, if this was like a 3 day forum game, all my anxiety would have already been gone!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, cool. That's a while yet. I don't think I'm going to change my mind about Pig, but having more time to discuss things and get people talking is nothing but good news.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, cool. That's a while yet. I don't think I'm going to change my mind about Pig, but having more time to discuss things and get people talking is nothing but good news.

This is also why I'm suspicious of the Byers quick nom here.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am so sorry for my lack of attention to this game. I have been very busy lately on short notice.

To be honest, I tried my best to catch up, but there is a lot I probably missed.

##vote no

Hitler cpig is too great a risk in my opinion.

This doesn't make sense to me. We've analyzed (and frankly overanalyzed) the four lockout players for days now, and with the possibility I raised of RF being an extremely unlucky Hitler we're all pretty confident that their play in no way indicated any of them were Hitler.

Suddenly, DB is back on board with a CPig as Hitler scenario? I feel like my non-Hitler pool was well reasoned given the game as it has currently played out, and of the four the only one with any confidence of being liberal is still CPig.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Byers, do you think DB lied?

I think there's a chance, yeah. Enough of one that I want going to put him in as Chancellor, and enough of one I'm going to blanket vote no on any government with him or you in it. Especially given the votes; the no votes are s fascist AA and two of the people I've warned against putting into government.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kumba posted:

i admit i'm not super engaged in this as this has taken a lot longer to play out than i thought, but them's the ropes and i have a full memorial day weekend and a tropical storm headed my way literally right now so :shrug:

And for anyone asking why I nominated early, this is why. Half the player base is checked out, and no new discussion was being made. In fact, the only new discussion since my nomination has been PMush jumping in and making cases to stop the election based off of bad misreading or outright lack of reading the thread.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

That's a really interesting grouping of people.

I feel like I'm looking at one group that is all liberal and one that is all fascist and I really can't decide which is which.

Its end game, this is the deciding government and they smell blood in the water. Simple as that. I think one of PMush and DB are Hitler, and that's why they want to kill this government.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

This is an empty post meant to target TMM and KB, to make them feel like PMush is on their side and agrees with their desire for more time. Remember PMush started posting about alignment calls for really the first time only after my CPig nom.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If we lose, don't say I didn't tell you so.

##vote yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm fairly certain that's :redhammer: as well.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
CPig is not Hitler. Sending policy PM.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The country is on the brink as yet another Fascist policy is passed. Parliament is establishing new rules to do everything in its power to not let Hitler rise to power. The veto power is unlocked.

Furthermore, Byers has to kill someone again.

Fall 1932

Game status:

0 cards in the policy deck
8 cards in the discard pile

5 Fascist policies passed
4 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142

Previous administration was Byers2142 and CapitalistPig

Byers must execute someone by May 28th 18:00 GMT.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I received two fascist policies.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I knew it. I knew we were gonna get burned by Byers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And honestly, we can't even trust CPig here either really.

The only thing we know is that he isn't Hitler.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm kind of pissed at DB for moving his vote because I wanted to wait for KB to come back around and say something.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And just to make clear the votes so everyone can look at them again:

NO: PMush, AA, DB (who moved to yes)
YES: CPig, Byers, Capn, kumba

Didn't vote: KB, TMM

I was waiting to talk to KB, but I was almost certainly a no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really irritated at this whole situation.

But mostly at myself for suggesting the Byers double up in the first place. Nice job gaining trust there Byers.

I'm pretty sure he's Hitler at this point and he's doing what he can to try and win the game for the fascists.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look, fellow countrymen, I feel like I need to be honest and direct with you.

Fascism is the the future of our great nation. The sooner you accept that, the sooner we can crush all lesser countries and people beneath our feet. Don't fear what we can accomplish, embody it. Embrace it.

Yes, I discarded a liberal policy. Twice, in fact. But do you know what happens when liberalism takes root in a country? The emasculation of its people. The dilution of its culture. The creation of Freddie Got Fingered.

I discarded those policies, not for me. Not for my great leader, Hitler. I did it for you, for the love of my country. And deep down you know this; why else would you elect me to government three times in a row?

The liberal elite will tell you we are evil, but we are not. Their chief proponent, his skills of analysis and discussion twisted to deceive, has been a worthy foe to our cause, but must be removed. I wish to all that I hold Holy that his skills had been turned to a more noble purpose, namely ours.

##kill KB

Join us. This is the turning point of our country, our people. Let us stand shoulder to shoulder, and gaze up as our great leader, Hitler, guided us from strength to strength, though the world may tremble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I knew it. I knew we were gonna get burned by Byers.

TMM, we're countrymen. I did not burn you, I just want to show you the way. The true way.

• Locked thread