Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

everyone tell me who your favorite president is and why

Kennedy. Catholics are cool.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So... voting in a chancellor and getting to the card part is what we want here yes?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote yes

Do good by us Mister Byers :colbert:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote yes

Do good by us Mister Byers :colbert:

and Pmush!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

Did I miss the part about how the assassination works

great question. I think what your missing is a fascist policy. That's not what you want.... is it?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
if kumba is fascist, then receiving two lib policies is a great way to hide.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapnAndy posted:

I disagree with the idea that we'd gain any more information if I'd given him a lib and fasc to choose from, though. Like I said, I would expect both a liberal and a fascist to pick the liberal policy at this point in the game.

And also like I said, it is important to know when liberal policies get discarded, and I want the liberals keeping their eyes on that.

That makes sense. I agree knowing the numbers of discarded libs is important.

There are 2 or 3 lib policies left. 18-27% chance of getting at least one lib policy drawn by the next pres.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

agreed, it seems like this kind of game really doesn't get rolling until the first fascist policy gets passed

How would you employ the benefit of the first fascist policy and why?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't know it was pre arranged either, good to know.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I trust KB's choices so far and trust the employment of the first presidential power if it comes to that. ##vote yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
if I had refresh the page before I voted maybe I would have seen tmm's last post but unfortunately I didn't and I do apologize.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Tmm you still backing a investigation of kumba?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel like this is probably safer.

I support this as well. Any one of those four I think would help us sort out when the right time to by pass a govt', I'd say the earlier they are to the presidency the better.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

Looks like the cucu strategy on the rules link would have me investigating DB this time, so that he could pick me as a chancellor if I investigate him as liberal.

Just as an FYI.

I can see the value on that one too.

I'm not opposed to this.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I follow your logic tmm

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

For what it's worth, what I've taken from this conversation thus far is I should probably be investigating RF. He seems like the closest to a consensus choice between the various possibilities.

If I was submitting right now, that is who it would be. Seems to hit the sweet spot of nearish president, potential lynch pin president, probably won't be the 2nd person with the investigation.

So feel free to continue to post and sway me off that choice if you have a stronger candidate.

I think kumba would be my first choice but concur with this as well.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Wouldn't it be hilarious if kb and kumba were both fascists?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

..i guess? that's awfully random, did you just decide to pick two names out of a hat to cast shade at or what

King Burgundy posted:

Is this two people in a row both not reading and somehow thinking there is a Kumba/KB disagreement in this game?

:thejoke:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I said kumba but I meant CaptAndy, jokes on me this time.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw I think it unlikley both KB and CaptAndy are fascist hence the joke, but either alone could be. I just don't think a back and forth like that would make sense between two fascists. The idea is comical to me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
No clue why I typed kumba though. Perhaps subconsciously I think kumba is facist so I had a Freudian slip.

I don't actually have any real sense of kumba's alignment however.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I say nominate AA. If tmm's senario comes to pass, I think getting info on AA now would make that tough choice a little less tough.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Happy moms day ##vote yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

I trust AA more than CPig, but at 2 fascist, I'd rather not take chances.

DB, who are you thinking for chancellor?

Right now I like you and Byers for a nomination.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Got something against me?

I'm just curious.

The only strike against you is that you were part of a gov't that passed a fascist policy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The reason I didn't put CaptAndy in that group is because his presidency comes after pmush and Byers

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but I wasn't given a choice. And it'd be nice to prove myself before I'm up for President. If there are still 2 liberal cards left in the deck then you will almost certainly pick one and presuming you are a liberal, you will pass it on.

I took into consideration the possibility that you and KB both are fascist and lying about the numbers of policies.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Byers2142 posted:

You trust Andy more than TMM?

Not necessarily, no. But going by the policies passed, CaptAndy looks slightly better I would say.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have no qualms with a KB investigation for the reason given.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

If KB is the consensus I will investigate him.

AA is bad tho. I don't think hitler, just fascist because why would hitler make this happen if they didn't have to?

I am worried it is fascists trying to pull out a quick victory if DB and/or RF are both fascist.

Great news! I'm not fascist. I still don't know what to make of you or AA yet. I understand and would agree with AA's statment in the case that AA is not lying about being liberal, but I also wondered myself as pmush has already pointed out, that putting that analysis of Cpig's hypothetical investigation result out there does sort of become moot because of WIFOM.

Would it be a strategic blunder to have Cpig investigate someone we can agree to nominate for this current admin and then judge both Cpig and nominee after the policy result?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I should have formatted that last post better. The third sentence onward was more of an address to all players.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Honestly I was leaning toward nominating Byers. I'm gonna sleep on it though, it's late where I am now and I'm tired. If any strong arguments can be made for another choice, I am listening. Obviously I'm interested in Cpig's say as well as Pmush, or anyone else for that matter, but those two particularly if we are to go with the investigate/nominate combo. I don't think I'd like to nominate anyone that's in the lockout zone (KB, RF, AA, Cpig).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I am torn between investigating KB and Byers.

Investigate KB if you want to, but I'm standing by what I said about not nominating lockouts.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
KB, would you be in favor of a kumba nomination?

Anyone else have a say in that as well? I am prepared to nominate kumba, if most agree.

Personally I think this would be a good test for kumba. The only way I could see a fascist kumba to remain hidden is in the very unlikely scenario that I draw three fascist policies.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

I still really don't like the idea of the possibility of having three locked-out players in a row. Right now, if he's a fascist, he pushes us up to 3, then we're essentially forced into getting one from the top, which will probably push us up to 4. If he's fascist and we don't nominate him now, we minimize the damage we do, or at least break even on the worst case scenario for both (new chancellor is fascist and/or three fascist cards, vs. three fascist cards and/or fascist kumba). And if he's liberal, great, we get a liberal president in between the lockouts.

We're past the point of "testing", especially when we discuss it publicly and WIFOM ourselves in the process. I don't like this "well let's do more tests" thing, it sounds like a very good way to weasel out of making reads.

Do you have an alternative for chancellor?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree that RF and AA are probably fash. Not sure about pmush and CapAnd, but could see Cap as secret hitler between the two.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Although I agree with this, I'll nominate the whomever majority favorite is and I think it's kumba at this point.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ok, here goes.

##nominate kumba

going back to work, check y'all nerds later

oh yeah, also ##vote yes

ok, bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, "I wish you were fascist?"

Not, "I hope you're fascist, otherwise..."

Full on acknowledging he is liberal. Which only a fascist (non-Hitler) would know.

Nice catch lol

• Locked thread