Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And that's all I'm going to say to/about Capn for the rest of this game.

I'm not putting him on ignore, but I'm going to do my best to just not acknowledge him for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is nonsensical. You have literally spent entire days in this game getting facts wrong. How anyone could take anything you have to say as something other than pandering or mindless pantomime is beyond my understanding.

You aren't Hitler but you're definitely not a liberal. There's no way you can be. Having been corrected about multiple things to the point of it being comical.

Don't be led here.

@EVERYONE:

Facts you need to reconcile and just deal with:
Byers fascist
Pig is fascist

Rethink the game.

Who are the remaining fascists? Who is Hitler?

You realize after those two there is only one fascist left? And from your personal perspective it has to be one of Capn/PMush/kumba/DB/me.

Unless you personally want to believe that somehow the fascist team is KB/RF/Byers/CPig and Byers for some reason shot 2 fascists, then KB/RF must be liberal/fascist respectively..

And at this point, it doesn't matter who Hitler is because if Hitler gets to be President, he can still force 2F along and not veto the government and win the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why do you not think it's CapnAndy?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Yeah okay so Byers is almost certainly Hitler

In still thinking AA and Andy and someone but gently caress if I know. Could actually have been RF but I'm not counting on it

The nom should absolutely either be me or tmm

It has to be RF. Otherwise KB would have lied.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, here is how everyone looks from my eyes:

in current Presidential order:

PMush - I am a little torn here and it's because of she selected Byers as her chancellor on the first turn. Like I just don't know how to organize my thoughts about her right now. I'm inclined to trust her since she wants me to pick me as chancellor, but I'm also worried that she is just saying that to help try and get herself elected as a fascist.

CapnAndy - I am honestly not sure and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I don't really trust him at all, but I still acknowledge that he could actually be a liberal and to not even be able to get that coming back from him is just extremely irritating. I hate how even now he can't even seem to acknowledge that I absolutely have to be a liberal. I hate that he isn't taking any sort of responsibility for his own actions in electing Byers and instead wants to pin it all on me.

CPig - He is in conflict with AA. Now we know he is NOT Hitler and we know he was telling the truth about KB, but it's still possible that he lied about AA and told the truth about KB for credit. However, he might be our last gasp chance to win and we will have to decide if we want to elect him and take the chance if a PMush/Capn government gets elected and vetoes a policy or if we want to take a shot at the top card.

DB - I wish we could get here to elect a President because I would be pretty comfortable with a DB President and I would probably accept him as the next Chancellor as well (but I still think the next chancellor should be me). I still think that any fascist in his position during that 5th government would just put the game into the Hitler zone and blame the deck.

kumba - Another person I wish we could get to as I think he would also be a good President and would probably accept him as Chancellor as well although I am still concerned that kumba could be Hitler. Now one thing that does soothe me is that we now know Capn/kumba can't possibly both be fascists.

AA - He is in conflict with CPig. One of them is definitely a fascist. He absolutely can not be elected chancellor for the next draw or if we decide to try one more person. Sorry AA, you're locked out. I'd prefer to lock out CPig as well, but we at least know he isn't Hitler and he told the truth about KB, plus we would only be using him as a last gasp to try and win.

TMM - At this point, I don't see how anyone could think I'm a fascist. Yes, I made the mistake of trusting Byers, but we are all somewhat complicit in that because we did vote for him the first time. And people voted for him a second time after he went fascist on during the first government.

Personally, I think that whomever we decide is the best President option from PMush/Capn should pick me as the chancellor. If the President is a fascist, we are going to lose, if the president is a liberal we will either win or veto. If we veto, then we would have to decide whether to trust CPig as president (probably picking one of kumba/DB as chancellor) or if we want to just draw the top card.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, well let's see what happens.

I hope PMush is liberal.

##vote Yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I hope you aren't hitler. Will be marginally salty.

Not something you need to worry about.

I am 100% liberal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hurray! We won!

Holy poo poo that was close.

CapnAndy, I really think you need to adjust or something. I'm sorry I got extremely frustrated with you at the end, but you were so frustratingly rigid in your thinking that it was real hard to actually work with you on anything. I don't know how the rest of the people felt about you, but something about your attitude the whole game just rubbed me the wrong way. I held my tongue when you started calling out KB for being rude, but I didn't see him being rude or condescending or whatever. I really felt like you were talking things way to personally early in the game and seeing things that weren't actually there. But that is just my opinion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, DB, did you actually pick 2L1F on your turn? Why would you pass 1L1F on the last hand of the deck when you could have easily just said the deck screwed you?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And thanks for the game Dancer. It's a real interesting game, but it definitely seems like it'd be a lot different in person or maybe in a discord channel. Someplace where you can just burn through the game in 30-60 minutes or something.

Some thoughts on future games: I think the long deadline times on things may have let tempers kind of stretch thin, especially towards the end of the game. Maybe run the first day at 48 hours, and then run each subsequent day as 48-72 hours but that would include everything (nomination, voting, powers). I actually didn't mind the not reading back thing at all. I pretty much played the whole game without really looking back at even the same game days posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

I’ve played this on discord and it was fun, but I don’t think the long form style of the forums works for it.

Although that just may just be due to the people taking notes like they’re loving Colombo or something and spending pages and pages going over everything well past it’s death

I honestly didn't keep notes at all. Everything I posted was pretty much straight from memory.

But yes, overall, I agree that I'm not sure the long form style of the forums works or at least it makes it a bit of a different beast.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, I told the truth. It was 2L1F

You mean you lied?

You said you picked 2F1L and passed 1F1L. Or at least I thought that's what you said, I guess I can actually go back and look now.

Yeah, I asked if you got 2 liberal cards and you're response was:

I mean I guess it got you some credit with me later in the game since I assumed it was true, but I also would have given you the same amount of credit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Oops, I guess I did lie. The reason I was good at it was because I believed my own lies apparently.

Technically, the deck really did screw you since you were a fascist and certainly wanted to force a fascist policy there.

So maybe getting it wrong was the best thing since I might have been a little less adamant about you being a liberal later in the game. I still likely would have thought you were liberal, but maybe just not as liberal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dancer posted:

One thing that worries me slightly with short deadlines + secret voting: The purpose of secret voting, as far as I see it, is to force everyone to put down an "honest" opinion (or take a serious risk putting down a dishonest one if you're absolutely sure the vote will be going your way regardless). So this means that *everyone* needs to vote. So the deadline might be too short. Idea: 24 hours deadline for the nom, then keep the thread open while everyone has 24 hours after nom to vote?

That might work.

Also, I know I danced around or crossed (depending on your point of view) the line towards the end of the game, but I want to make it clear that I personally hold no ill will towards CapnAndy. The things I said are meant only for this game and should not be considered insults towards CapnAndy as a person in real life. I'm sure that he is a perfectly nice and reasonable person.

For whatever reasons Andy and I just weren't able to see eye to eye at all this game and it got frustrating enough at the end of the game that I felt like I had to speak out.

• Locked thread