Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Bojack Horseman is my favorite anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ccs posted:

Bojack Horseman is my favorite anime.

I liked Archer but Netflix removed him

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Now I'm picturing a Fate/Stay Night series where Archer is summoned as the Archer legendary warrior.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

Now I'm picturing a Fate/Stay Night series where Archer is summoned as the Archer legendary warrior.
Archer: So you're in High School?
Rin: Yes!
Archer: And your father got knifed to death by that sketchy-looking priest over there
Rin: I think so, yes
Archer: So you want me to kill everyone else
Rin: Exc--
Archer: Ah, yeah, except that orange-haired special ed kid
Rin: He's not retarded! And it's not like I care what happens to him!
Archer: Right
Rin: But if he survives, that'd be nice. :blush:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Greenlight it!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Archer would win on his own and wish for a mimosa and then tell the grail to gently caress off forever.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

and then the grail would spill angra mainyu all over him

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

and then the grail would spill angra mainyu all over him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEIRAnNY4o

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Rin is in the background coming to terms with some drunk rear end in a top hat ending the thing she has dedicated her life to.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also, whoever else isn't dead yet.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

B the beginning is... I dunno. It has a lot of potentially good ingredients but doesn't know how to put them together, if that makes sense.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those components are basically "Let's make a Procedural Anime so that otakus can talk to their CSI/NCIS-watching moms about the one topic they can all agree on: Mark Harmon is a Silver Fox"

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

B the Beginning had a very promising and cool first episode but I wish the villains were more interesting and the death god kid had more of a character.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
One thing I liked about B was how inconsequential the "B"-plot was to the story. It was interesting because the story really presented B's plot as squabble between kids and that's really how it came out. A full on "chuuni" story that was bog-standard

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the keith stuff is just adult chuuni junk so it was a fitting pair

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/baki_anime/stat...er%3D24%23pti15

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh that prisoner arc. I got it confused with the prison arc.

Good choice

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That style looks okay in motion. I always found the manga grotesque.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Postal Parcel posted:

I liked Archer but Netflix removed him

Aw what? I was hoping they had finally gotten more seasons, since I binged what they had a couple years ago.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Archer gets removed while Rick and Morty get 70 more episodes. I’m fed up with this worl.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

I wonder how many subs Netflix Japan has gained since they began pushing their Netflix-only productions over there. I never see a country-by-country breakdown. Just US subs and international subs.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the Kakegurui BD/DVD sales were apparently rather lackluster (like, in the lower 4-digits between all 6 Volumes / 12 episodes), but apparently both merchandise + manga sales have been fairly solid and even gone up as a result of the anime, so the 2nd season getting announced earlier this year was really no surprise; or maybe it was already in the talks due to Netflix :retrogames:ing it up. Even if it was only a little over 1 year, sometimes I miss working in that place, everything was very cool and down to earth. The only thing I kinda hated was the jet-lag.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, hopefully they just ignore the filler ending.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

agretsuko and devilman crybaby are real loving good but most of it is real loving bad and gently caress yes Baki i am so ready for Baki

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Aw what? I was hoping they had finally gotten more seasons, since I binged what they had a couple years ago.

archer becomes garbage after season 4 so no big loss

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it was never as good as frisky dingo anyway

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Endorph posted:

zero no tsukaima f

You should feel bad for recommending ZnT to anyone even as part of a joke.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I want to say that Mushi-Shi is a really great anime that’s on Netflix right now. I haven’t watched many episodes of it but it’s about this guy traveling around feudal Japan and helping people deal with issues that arise from these little magic sprite creatures. It’s very pretty and relaxed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh no, not the incredibly inoffensive zero no tsukaima

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

Rin is in the background coming to terms with some drunk rear end in a top hat ending the thing she has dedicated her life to.

drilldo squirt posted:

Also, whoever else isn't dead yet.
Rin Tohsaka: Type-Moon's beleaguered Tsundere/plaything. :D

Cake Attack posted:

archer becomes garbage after season 4 so no big loss
There are some episodes here and there that are still plenty good (which is, I'm guessing, owed to the fact that seasons are like 10-13 episodes instead of longer), but on the whole, yeah: Season 4 was the last great front-to-back season.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, hopefully they just ignore the filler ending.
Still haven't read the manga, but I'm thinking in the 2nd season Kirari is gonna go "Y'know what? I take that back: I want my Student Council back. Otherwise I'm gonna have to trawl for some lesbian rear end independently which admittedly ain't that hard taking into account: A) I'm hot as hell B) I'm voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro C) The ridiculous amount of money I can make rain... but I'd rather they all come to me 'cause screw making that effort"

Only, y'know, written better than that. Seriously, though:

Even if she's crazier than a shithouse rat and scarier than many of the demons in the Ars Goetia, dayum. :blush:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

oh no, not the incredibly inoffensive zero no tsukaima
It's Harry Potter but with a crappier harem! It deserves every bit of scorn it gets! :mad:

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Wark Say posted:

It's Harry Potter but with a crappier harem! It deserves every bit of scorn it gets! :mad:

who is in harry potter's original harem?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

and i must meme posted:

who is in harry potter's original harem?
Hermione, Ron, Draco, and Neville of course!

This is my daughter's influence seeping, for I sincerely do not have all that much attachment to the Harry Potter franchise. I enjoyed the films a great deal, though. :)

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I want to say that Mushi-Shi is a really great anime that’s on Netflix right now. I haven’t watched many episodes of it but it’s about this guy traveling around feudal Japan and helping people deal with issues that arise from these little magic sprite creatures. It’s very pretty and relaxed.

Yeah Mushishi is great. Only the second season in on Netflix right now though. I wish they still had the first season cause I haven't watched those episodes in a long time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Wark Say posted:

Even if she's crazier than a shithouse rat and scarier than many of the demons in the Ars Goetia, dayum. :blush:
Something tells me you might like this: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kakegurui_yorozu_official_comic_anthology

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, that was the right amount of fluffy and goofy. Thanks! :)

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Watch aggretsuko you cowards

This was an amazing watch and didn't take that long. This is Sanrio???????

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Watch aggretsuko you cowards

I did.

It was a good show, but I feel bad for Retsuko.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

that little Baki trailer looks... weird
I've never read/really looked into it.
can i see some grotesque baki manga art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

rincewind101 posted:

that little Baki trailer looks... weird