Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am almost positive the shareholders for WWE would riot

They are already using WWE owned assets and WWE employees to make pitches for the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

That PR video during the GRR was all about how KSA is really Wakanda.

This has pretty much killed any doubt I've given WWE. Like, I don't know if you can balance these things out but I don't think their token charity efforts balance out accepting ridiculous sums of money to be the mouth piece of a destabalizing and repressive regime.

Doesn't Black Panther end with Wakanda deciding to open a bunch of Saudi style cultural centers?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

im cute posted:

Of course they did. They probably asked for Bret Hart and Ric Flair and the loving Rock too. I'm actually kind of surprised Dwayne didn't show up.

They asked for Warrior and Yokozuna.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Peanut President posted:

I ain't arguing it's good I'm just saying people are zooming in like Vince personally said "lets go to Saudi Arabia on a field trip" I just want people to have the full picture because I feel they're missing it

People aren't missing it. When people said "how is this propaganda" we pointed to this campaign and said "it's part of this."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbin posted:

do you think the WWE will put this Saudi prince in the hall of fame

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What a world.

https://twitter.com/m3takl_en/status/992675793712148485

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly I feel like Hassan isn't remotely an unsalvageable character, and pretty much the only big problem on the booking end was that they made him a heel and not a face

like, make Hassan a face and you basically have proto-Sami Zayn

Please don't, he isn't any good. It was a bad idea over a decade ago, bringing him back under that gimmick is a horrible idea today.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm not saying he should be brought back, just that it could have initially worked if they weren't huge assholes about it at every turn.

You'd still have an Italian American dude from upstate NY playing a wronged Muslim character in a post 9-11 world, and he was a pretty lovely wrestler on top of that. It was never a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankfully WWE has opened KSA up and improved life for everyone.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/05/18/saudi-arabia-womens-rights-advocates-arrested

• Locked thread