Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Deuces Sweeny
Charm+2 | Cool=0 | Sharp+1 | Tough-1 | Weird+1 | Exp: ▢▢▢▢▢
Harm: ▢▢▢|▢▢▢▢ | Luck: ▢▢▢▢▢▢▢ | Location: Funeral Reception

Reception

I fukkin' hate funerals. Third one in two years. All connected to that stupid stupid job. Wait, four. Should've gone down to Tiny Mike's in Orlando, but just didn't make it. Anyway, got cleaned up. Clean shirt, new shoes, jeans with only a few holes. Even found an old silver flask and got some Crown to fill it.

I've stopped the church a few times when I've had a few extra bucks to toss in the collection, lit some candles. Confessed some sins once. I'm not sure I believe in the whole "God" thing, but, hell, I've had a vampire chick in my bathtub, maybe I should start? She's here working in the church, so maybe not. Gotta respect the hustle. Unless she's using her position to snoop. Definitely gotta respect that hustle. Plus, super easy to find Jack in the room when she's around, just see where she's hovering with that tray, and he'll be just within earshot of her.

Oh, hey, Hazel is here. Not that we're close, but I say hi, make some small talk. Ask how her mom is doing. At least Percy seems to be behaving himself, once we figured out that there weren't gonna be any animal sacrifices. And there's a pretty good spread here. Bomb rear end funeral potatoes.

Mostly I wander, saying hi here and there hoping to pick up some good gossip, but there's not a lot. There's one fine lady hanging off by herself, but I doubt she'll talk to someone like me without an introduction. On my 3rd trip to the back for snacks, I notice Jen corner some dude. Standing close enough to hear her call him Dr. Steppenwolf or something. Dude is sweating bullets, and I know just what will help.

-----------

I interject myself into Jen's barely formed conversation, with "Jen! How's tricks?", and before she can answer "Doc! She giving you trouble? Little nip will soften her up." and offer both of you my flask of Crown.

Whatever Jen is attempting, I'm helping!

@Deuces (Relentless): 2d6 #Help Out Jen = (2+5) = 7

Kind of!

On a 7-9 your help grants them +1 to their roll, but you also expose yourself to trouble or danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Deuces Sweeny

Deuces snatches his flask back from Jen and takes another swig.

"Listen here, fuckwaffle, half the people in this room know the body done got jello'd. The lady asked you for a favor. Clearly you wouldn't refuse a request from the CDwhatever, right? RIGHT?"

2d6+2 Persuade Dr. Steppenwolf for Jen = (5+1)+2 = 8

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Deuces Sweeny

Deuces claps Dr. Sepinwall on the back. "That's the spirit! Glad we had this little meeting of the minds, Doctor S!"

"Hey, Jen, ima go get some more grub, you want anything? Rowena has some little sandwichy things that looked real good."

• Locked thread