Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Hazel Hall
Charm-1 | Cool+1 | Sharp+1 | Tough=0 | Weird+2 | Exp: ▢▢▢▢▢
Harm: ▢▢▢|▢▢▢▢ | Luck: ▢▢▢▢▢▢▢ | Location: Funeral Reception

I hate visions. Scrying is one thing, even calling up bits of the past isn't too bad, especially with a nice ritual and a crystal ball or a mirror or what have you, but anything looking for the future takes way too much work for way too little gain if you try em for yourself. They're basically worthless until they're too late to change anything either, you just get flashes and sensations and, ugh, naturally that's what the flow of magic decided to dump into my brain this morning while I was taking a shower. So now along with the funeral and the mystery around Father Pryor's death to deal with, I've got the pieces of the vision floating around in my head waiting to connect to life so I can put any real meaning together.

Unfortunately, the first piece doesn't take long at all the fit in. A burning building, awash in flames. I didn't recognize it from the flashes I had, but the moment I stepped inside the church, I knew where it was. Luckily, I was reaching for the holy water font as I got inside, so freezing to stare wasn't too noticeable. In the vision, the sky outside was dark, so I knew it wasn't going to happen during the funeral, but it made the entire process even more uncomfortable than it already was, every time I'd look over at part of the building I'd see the flickers of fire licking up the walls. I probably looked a bit twitchy to whoever ended up sitting next to me and the different people I knew. Well, those that noticed. Rowena definitely hadn't noticed anything - but I wouldn't expect her too stuck inside a church - when I returned her whisper with a smile and a wave and Jack was a bit too caught up. I positioned myself on the other side of the church from Jen, since I'd rather her not see me so jumpy, but Percy and Deuces probably did, though the latter was avoiding mentioning it when we talked. Not the right time for it.

I'm going to have to talk to Percy after the reception though, him being there was the one piece I didn't need to wait on piecing together from this morning. These spur of the moment visions always seem to tie into him some way or another, I couldn't say why. Heading in his direction across the hall to say, I swing by the table to pick up one of Sanda's famous potatoes, and as I take a bite, another piece falls into place. The lingering taste of funeral potatoes - they are quite good - whatever is going to happen at the church, it'll be today, or else after another funeral soon. Washing down the vision with a glass of punch, my eyes settle on the isolated woman standing alone at the walls, and something keeps them there. She's a stranger here too, but not one whose connection I can fit in my web of knowledge, and that needs to be fixed and calls for some investigation. Moving in her direction, I see Rowena working off the same idea, and smile. She's on top of things as always. Giving the blonde woman a chance to respond to Rowena's professional inquiry, I reach out to take one of her pinwheels and take a bite, giving both of them a nodded greeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Hazel Hall
Charm-1 | Cool+1 | Sharp+1 | Tough=0 | Weird+2 | Exp: ▢▢▢▢▢
Harm: ▢▢▢|▢▢▢▢ | Luck: ▢▢▢▢▢▢▢ | Location: Funeral Reception

Turning slightly, I watch the woman beeline away from us like we had the plague. "Well... that was rude." Though it comes out a bit muffled as I've still got some crumbs of pinwheel left in my mouth. Watching her and chewing thoughtfully, I don't have much of a clue what shes up to as she says something to Jack and then just loving leaves. So much for figuring out who she is. I wonder what she said to him? I wonder who she is. Letting out a small sigh, I glance over at Rowena again. "hm? Oh, yeah, it's not too complicated, classic revenge spell. You'd need some of the persons hair though - or skin, fingernails, that sort of thing. And a toad." A second later, it hits me what she's after. "But it's not the kind of thing you want to mess around with, easy to attract attention or backfire. Besides, I don't think she's worth the effort." Advising against it, its not like I like her, she has a bad attitude. Acting like she's better than us just because she's good looking. "...probably." Eyeing Jack again, I put my hand on Rowena's slim shoulders and give her a slight push forward in his direction. "Go and find out what she said to him, see if he has a name for her." I wink.

• Locked thread