Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Edmond is the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

So how did Edmond's boxing guy go against Triple G?

https://twitter.com/ryansongalia/status/992982000305917952

Thank you Edmond.

I havent seen defense that good since Rhonda fought Nunes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
After hearing about that I thought to myself "yeah but how much can you blame Edmund on this one, the dude's in there with GGG, anyone is going to look bad against that guy".

Turns out you can blame Edmund a whole bunch. GGG big brothered him in 2 and made him look like an absolute amateur.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Turns out you can blame Edmund a whole bunch. GGG big brothered him in 2 and made him look like an absolute amateur.

nah. the guy wasn't ranked at any weight and ggg is one of the best boxers on the planet with impossible power. ranked middleweights have looked at least that bad against him. there isn't a trainer on the planet who could have made that guy any more effective against ggg.

edmond is absolutely terrible though.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
To be fair, with GGG pinballing this poor dude's skull around with a 10 hit combo you can't say there wasn't a ton of head movement

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Goodpart posted:

To be fair, with GGG pinballing this poor dude's skull around with a 10 hit combo you can't say there wasn't a ton of head movement

:vince:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Edmond's guy hadn't fought in two years, came up a weight class, and was only in there as a stand in after Canelo dropped out of the fight. It wasn't supposed to be competitive so much as to keep GGG on the bill.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
OK that answers my question as to how an unranked nobody got sanctioned in a fight against GGG.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

OK that answers my question as to how an unranked nobody got sanctioned in a fight against GGG.

Because boxing is the clear ranking system of Pride mixed with the matchmaking of current Bellator.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think GGG skipped a mandatory contender to fight that guy too

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

mewse posted:

I think GGG skipped a mandatory contender to fight that guy too

Close

The contender skipped him

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Edmund is a goofy dumbass but his guy could've spent a year preparing at the Ivan Drago School for the Hormonally Challenged and there still wouldn't be enough dedicated coaches and unfortunate Mexican meat to stop him getting his brains blasted out early. Can't really pin this one on him, Canelo is the guy who really authored that KO

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The good thing about Golovkin is that after he's hung up the gloves and had his money nicked by greedy vulture managers, he can get a job on a building site as a wrecking ball

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Triticum Guzzler posted:

there still wouldn't be enough dedicated coaches and unfortunate Mexican meat to stop him getting his brains blasted out early. Can't really pin this one on him, Canelo is the guy who really authored that KO

Live by the tainted meat, die by the tainted meat.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Masvidal on Ariel's show accusing Bisping of being racist but defending C*lby C*vingt*n but uhhh bluhh my fault for listening to him talk

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
We've known Bisping is racist for years.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/AdamZubayraev/status/993417681822011392

Anyone know if this guy is reputable? If it's true, that's going to be a loving zoo. They're going to throw vodka bottles into the cage afterduring every fight.

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 8, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ufc/status/993583792538316800?s=21

lol ufc is coming to Boise? sick

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
thats not a real guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

after some Ivanov based research, I believe that Blagoy gonna kill JDS.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Russian ex-Bellator guys taking over the heavyweight division in 2018.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Russian Dude looks confused as to why his picture is being taken on the shitter.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is the guy JDS is fighting the same guy who got stabbed in the heart and somehow survived? I think I saw him in Bellator a few years back.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yup, Ivanov is the dude who was first famous for beating Fedor at combat sambo back when Fedor losing wasn't a meme and was secondly famous for getting stabbed in the heart, not dying, and returning to competition because he's a crazy person

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

all i know is that just from looking at him i can tell he's my spirit animal

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
He looks like a fat Artem

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Legitimately looking forward to Russian grandpa submission guy v fat diaper baby this Sunday

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Good time to bring back Spotty Jorgensen.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still laugh really hard when Edmund posted the "He may have won the battle but he lost the war" after Travis Browne got KO'd by Derrick Lewis with a picture of Browne & Rousey.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re celebrating the trip to Idaho by having JDS fight a potato.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Sorry to Matt Lindland but I've found a new fighter to repeatedly claim is me. Hey all I'm Russian Combat Sambo expert Blagy Ivanvov.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://m.uk.ufc.com/news/UFC-ESPN-Groundbreaking-Agreement?sf88202582=1

lol here's another separate subscription

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Dana says GSP vs. Nate Diaz (targeted for) Aug 4 lol. that's an insane fight, as in an insanely bad and dumb one, but still i would watch it, because it would be funny.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you wanna watch UFC you gotta pay to watch it, whether it’s a cable subscription or a PPV fee or a Fight Pass subscription or an ESPN+ subscription. Need to buy a ticket dudes

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

I don't see exclusivity anywhere here, but this is the first big domino of the next TV deals and I've got to think it bodes well for WWE. I personally have zero interest in ESPN+ even with this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's a hard no for me. ESPN rarely if ever has something I want to see.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

handsome only face posted:

Dana says GSP vs. Nate Diaz (targeted for) Aug 4 lol. that's an insane fight, as in an insanely bad and dumb one, but still i would watch it, because it would be funny.

Lame fight

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I guess I can live with 4.99 a month but I won't be happy about it. ESPN has little to offer a man who only watches punchsports.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ESPN + also has all the 30 for 30's on demand, which is worth the $5 a month alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

handsome only face posted:

Make it for an interim title please

• Locked thread