Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Unless they mean events which just seems like an awful loving lot. Are they still gonna have one ppv a month? This is all very stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
They'd have to go to a quarterly/bimonthly ppv model or we'll only have ten weekends a year without fights

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

So what exactly would be in the new lineup?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gay Horney posted:

They'd have to go to a quarterly/bimonthly ppv model or we'll only have ten weekends a year without fights

Co-Main Event podcast dudes mentioned "42 cards per year" (15 ESPN, 12 ppv, 15 new-tv-deal).

So, yeah.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i look forward to there being so many more cards with guys without wikipedia pages which i will not watch.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Neurosis posted:

i look forward to there being so many more cards with guys without wikipedia pages which i will not watch.

I look forward to the fabled card that has nobody with a wikipedia page.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Glad that it’ll mean more fighters getting a chance tbh

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Neurosis posted:

Those are the best cards though. anonymous Dagestani psychopaths trying to make a name for themselves are peak violence

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I guess if ESPN are getting into the UFC game their website will be a great place to get info from

...nevermind

(it's fixed now but earlier today was all sorts of hosed up)

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
“I can’t wait to not watch UFC fights,” he posted in the UFC thread, for some stupid loving reason.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Lots of pod-casters uncomfortably talking about Paige Vanzant getting a boob job, it could just be good contouring/lighting/photoshop of who ever is running her instagram, but getting a boob job seems really counter productive as an active fighter, both in time out and in terms of weight cut.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I predict that a lot of those cards will be small shows in Vegas, splitting the difference between DWTNCS and an old-school TUF finale, doing a 6-8 fight card for tourists, full of prospects and veterans. poo poo, they might call it pUFC - penUltimate Fighting Championship.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

willie_dee posted:

Lots of pod-casters uncomfortably talking about Paige Vanzant getting a boob job, it could just be good contouring/lighting/photoshop of who ever is running her instagram, but getting a boob job seems really counter productive as an active fighter, both in time out and in terms of weight cut.

Bec Rawlings had a boob job and she's basically the best fighter ever.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

El Roncho posted:

“I can’t wait to not watch UFC fights,” he posted in the UFC thread, for some stupid loving reason.

'i cant wait to not watch strikeforce challengers fights pretending to be ufc fights' :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So FOX gives up UFC to pick up WWE.

:thinking:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there like a an official D-league type structure for UFC? Or that's handled by The Ultimate Fighter show and cherry picking bush leagues

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Waroduce posted:

Is there like a an official D-league type structure for UFC? Or that's handled by The Ultimate Fighter show and cherry picking bush leagues

The UFC is its own D-league now and has been for years. There used to be this whole lucrative business for "UFC veterans" on regional cards who got a pay bump, which has completely disappeared and now people who wash out of the UFC (like genuinely wash out, not just get an equal or better offer to fight in Russia or whatever) end up doing bareknuckle boxing and poo poo like that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Unfunny Poster posted:

So FOX gives up UFC to pick up WWE.

:thinking:

And got rid of brooklyn 99 for last man standing.

It's as if fox is going after a certain demographic.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

*walks into Hearthstone thread*

“Yeah I’m not gonna be playing this any time soon lol”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

El Roncho posted:

hey they just nerfed cubelock and even paladin its as good a time as any

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts - The BBC now has its own dedicated MMA section.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/bloodyelbow/status/999288962236764161?s=21

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

El Roncho posted:

Do you think there aren't like 5 guys who do this constantly

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

It Posses me off when fighters get boob job because it shows their priorities are in the wrong place. But It's fine for page ven zent to do because shes not a fighter.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Thats really sadistic of her. Im a fan now

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
JJ should have a press conference acknowledging that before signing, and then after the contract is signed, flip the script and talk whatever poo poo she wants.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

She should go up in weight and stop losing to rose repeatedly. Just my opinion.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I haven't watched a UFC fight that didn't take place during sociable European hours for years now and I still post here and follow all the news for some reason

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

willie_dee posted:

Not only that but all the blood that goes to the decision making part of her brain will now go to those brand new beautiful mangos so that her fight IQ will fall drastically.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I haven't watched a UFC fight that didn't take place during sociable European hours for years now and I still post here and follow all the news for some reason

You have a brain problem friend. That's why.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Thats really sadistic of her. Im a fan now

Is it? I think it's a playful way to handle dishespect.

I like both of those fighters so it's all gravy for me.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i dont know if it's just getting older or because we've been around for awhile, but im the same way where i will miss a card and read a recap like "these two guys had a real barnburner, clear frontrunner for FOTY and maybe fight of the century" and im like "that sounds cool, maybe ill catch a gif sometime" and just forget about it

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

spb posted:

Not only that but all the blood that goes to the decision making part of her brain will now go to those brand new beautiful mangos so that her fight IQ will fall drastically.

wut

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I’m not sure how many cards I’d catch if I had to stay awake past ungodly hours to watch them so I get that. I just feel like if the only thing you have to offer a discussion thread about a certain topic is how little you follow or care about that topic, then maybe shut up?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

El Roncho posted:

I’m not sure how many cards I’d catch if I had to stay awake past ungodly hours to watch them so I get that. I just feel like if the only thing you have to offer a discussion thread about a certain topic is how little you follow or care about that topic, then maybe shut up?

what if it is a regular poster reacting to topical news that will make watching ufc more difficult and less enjoyable instead of whatever this is

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
espn is an extra subscription charge right? was fox basic cable only or was it also terrestrial broadcast? the reason i ask is that their ppv forecasting relies on a bunch of stuff like social media engagements and tv viewership, so there might be some wacky decisions and numbers coming out in the changeover period.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

espn is an extra subscription charge right? was fox basic cable only or was it also terrestrial broadcast? the reason i ask is that their ppv forecasting relies on a bunch of stuff like social media engagements and tv viewership, so there might be some wacky decisions and numbers coming out in the changeover period.

Fox is network TV so you can get it in most places without cable, ESPN is basic cable, then the billion FS1/ESPN2/etc. things are in your rear end in a top hat sports packages.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i dont know if it's just getting older or because we've been around for awhile, but im the same way where i will miss a card and read a recap like "these two guys had a real barnburner, clear frontrunner for FOTY and maybe fight of the century" and im like "that sounds cool, maybe ill catch a gif sometime" and just forget about it

i only go back to check out good fighters like ferguson or whittaker. never watch something just cuz it was supposed to be fun to watch anymore

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

It Posses me off when fighters get boob job because it shows their priorities are in the wrong place. But It's fine for page ven zent to do because shes not a fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CarlCX posted:

Fox is network TV so you can get it in most places without cable, ESPN is basic cable, then the billion FS1/ESPN2/etc. things are in your rear end in a top hat sports packages.

Oddly enough, playstation vue has fs2, nbc sports MLB and NFL networks and Spanish language sports channels on its lowest tier. It's a pretty good service if you're a sports fan. I am not a big sports fan, but as a mma fan, having access to UFC stuff for cheap is pretty awesome.

• Locked thread